6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior LED Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by viguera
When I did mine, I got a set of the same bulbs you use for the license plates from superbrightleds.com... # 168, WLED-6 LED bulb (do a search on their site and you'll find it).

They just pull straight down even if they require a little force... looks pretty good with LEDs in there.
I tried to wiggle them out and they definitely are in tehre tight,, thanks though
Old 09-29-2005, 08:13 AM
gec

Originally Posted by jrzymuscle21
I tried to wiggle them out and they definitely are in tehre tight,, thanks though

Use a Jar gripper -- grip tight and pull straight out

Old 09-30-2005, 03:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, mo money fo me... Thanks bro.. I am still saving up to end you my parts.. BTW, if i send you the speedo i can still drive without any probs, right>>> (stupid question, i know) but wanna be safe, not to sure about it though. I will need to use my car to drive about 7 miles to work and back. I am pretty good about speed, plus i have a radar.. Is hould be ok, just wanted to make sure you can do this quickly. I will be shipping UPS / FedEx overnight most likely, from area code 75029. Let me know on prices.. Thanks... again for the update and info.... Just put a 800 alarm system on my car / remote start!! BLUE FLASHING LED, Stock Security Location.... above dash in center.. LOOKS BAD AZZZZZZ!! and REALLY REALLY BRIGHT!!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:06 PM
gec

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Is hould be ok, just wanted to make sure you can do this quickly. I will be shipping UPS / FedEx overnight most likely, from area code 75029. Let me know on prices.. Thanks... again for the update and info.... Just put a 800 alarm system on my car / remote start!! BLUE FLASHING LED, Stock Security Location.... above dash in center.. LOOKS BAD AZZZZZZ!! and REALLY REALLY BRIGHT!!
Yup sure can call me on the celly --- where are the pics man...can't tout somethin bad azzz and not supply the pics...snap some shots and post em for us

Old 09-30-2005, 10:57 PM

re

maybe i missed something , who was sell this upgrade on ebay for 450$ ??
Old 09-30-2005, 11:17 PM
gec

Originally Posted by BLAKE0072
yup its 450 for the kit so if you have someone in your area that can install it for you ----- just work out an install price with them and you'll be straight......

Old 09-30-2005, 11:33 PM

ok i see now

thanks . great job gec , doubt id find anybody
Old 10-01-2005, 08:23 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by BLAKE0072
that has to be GEC, cause the location is the same as his wich is providence RI..
Old 10-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

So I really like the blue LEDs, but im in Texas and I cant seem to find anyone that wants to dish out that kind of cash. Im all for it. By the way how hard is the install?? Does it come with instructions?
Old 10-01-2005, 09:39 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

^^^^^^^ ha ha j/k
Old 10-01-2005, 05:17 PM
gec

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
that has to be GEC, cause the location is the same as his wich is providence RI..
It is --- since I had so many people e-mailing me that they want it, BUT don't want to take thier cars apart and mail AND can't come to RI -- I thought I'd put the kit together and let them find someone in their area to do it...

Seems though this has caused more problems than its worth....now I'm getting all sorts of e-mails through ebay asking how easy is it to install and will I provide step by step directions, then my favorite was "If I mess it up will you come to Iowa and fix it for me" .....I thought I covered all those questions when I put in the ad note that this installation should be installed by a professional...hmmmm

This really isn't a do it yourself mod for everyone......

Originally Posted by AKsMax
So I really like the blue LEDs, but im in Texas and I cant seem to find anyone that wants to dish out that kind of cash. Im all for it. By the way how hard is the install?? Does it come with instructions?
Hey AKs --- as you can see your about the 20th person to ask me... I think mail is going to be the option you go with to get it done... I got another guy in texas making arrangements to overnight so I'll give you a shipping price as soon as I know...

Old 10-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Apologies gec. Mail would be the best option for me. Let me know when you get the pricing on the shipping.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Awesome LED mod, but I'm not too keen on the blue with the yellow/orange gauge lights.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 AM
gec

Originally Posted by Squirrel
Awesome LED mod, but I'm not too keen on the blue with the yellow/orange gauge lights.

????? --- yellow/orange....might be the pic --- blue - red

Old 10-09-2005, 12:09 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by Squirrel

no yellow orange here:

Old 10-15-2005, 05:38 PM
gec

Did that pain in the a** green LED in the rear view....also got my DVD bypass figured out...all in all guess it was a good rainy day --- couple pics

Old 10-16-2005, 04:26 PM

Holy crap man AVG MPG 15.2? WTF are you doing to get that kind of mileage?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:07 PM

gec - I have a quick question about the blue LED's. Were you ever able to try any that weren't super bright (I haven't found any myself)? I would think that a dimmer LED would create more of the look of the stock display that looks like more of a black background. How is visibility of the display during the day?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:47 PM

Yeah man when i do this i am going to send it all to you, instead of part by part, so itll be done ASAP, and completely.. How hard is it to dismantle the parts for sending.. Can you give me a step by step, itll help.. Thanks.. you can email me at artistic33@hotmail.com .... Thanks again..
Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM

Check the Sticky's before Nismomax80 locks this thread for that. Most everything is detailed in there. At least the dash and the radio area is. It can't be too hard to get the rest figured out from there.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
gec

Originally Posted by Scott D.
gec - I have a quick question about the blue LED's. Were you ever able to try any that weren't super bright (I haven't found any myself)? I would think that a dimmer LED would create more of the look of the stock display that looks like more of a black background. How is visibility of the display during the day?

Whats up Scott,

Yeah we tested every kind of blue there is --- clear - sea - water - ice...yada yada... the superbright Luminex were the best for the nav screen

During the midday hours say 11am - 3pm on direct sunlight its tough to see perfectly...I don't suffer from it because I've got 5% tint around the whole car so its always dark and clear, however when the windows are all rolled down in mid afternoon the glare on the the screen blocks out some of the clarity... Not unbearable, but not perfect --- Of course early morning --- late afternoon -- and of course night its crystal clear...I can't even put into words the car at night accept to say its completely off the chain....the dimmer switch on the guages and the screen will still work because we modify everything to work the same as oem.... the catch with the screen is the the overlaying plastic piece thats part of the dash is coated with something that I believe is for the orange bulbs... if you were to see the screen without it you'd have no problem with direct sunlight.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:13 PM
gec

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Yeah man when i do this i am going to send it all to you, instead of part by part, so itll be done ASAP, and completely.. How hard is it to dismantle the parts for sending.. Can you give me a step by step, itll help.. Thanks.. you can email me at artistic33@hotmail.com .... Thanks again..
I'll e-mail you and walk you through it over the phone...takes about 10 minutes...need a phiilips head and a flathead screw driver and a portable phone

Old 10-17-2005, 09:14 PM

Good point, I didn't take the tint into consideration. I don't know for sure what mine are, but I would guess between 5% and 10%. I just can't decide if I want to do this mod first or HID. HID is edging it out right now. Why oh why didn't I check for HID before I got home with it.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:21 PM
gec

Originally Posted by Scott D.
Good point, I didn't take the tint into consideration. I don't know for sure what mine are, but I would guess between 5% and 10%. I just can't decide if I want to do this mod first or HID. HID is edging it out right now. Why oh why didn't I check for HID before I got home with it.

ehehehe....HID is nice too ---- Maxima Ghost is from texas too... I know its a huge state and don't really know how close he is to you, but if you can take a look at his when he's done... I'll be here for a long time anyway... Its tough to balance everything you wanna do to these cars between car payments, insurance, and just the day to day grind.....I used to make a wishlist...then pick my top 5 favorite things...then one by one in no particular order I would do them....by the time your done with them 5 new things that trumped those will be out,,,,its a never ending struggle...I'm hoping I hit the powerball wednesday for 350 million then I can finally buy a supercharger and a ferrari to go with it,,,lol

Old 10-18-2005, 08:44 PM

Thanks bro... I appreciate the walk-through.. its so much better doing this with someone who has done this themself.. I will call you when i have the cash to do the whole sha-bang.. i was going to do this in installments, but i thought it best to send it all at once.. Does this include the middle shift indicator for my trip-tronic? Thanks..
Old 02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
SuPeRmOd

bump this resourseful thread to the top. Please remember to keep transactions in the classifieds section
Old 02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
gec

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
bump this resourseful thread to the top. Please remember to keep transactions in the classifieds section
Thank you very much Nismo --- I appreciate it very much ---I will police the thread dilligently...

Nismo has been nice enough to reopen this post and I'd like to keep it open, as would other members, so please visit the other thread in the classified section, e-mail, or PM me with those type questions. Thank you

Now to some other business --- some questions have been floating around about the vanity mirror bulbs and some misinformation has been given...

the light is not a festoon bulb it is a fuse incandescent lamp 14 volt 2 watts and can be found at mouser.com give me a bit till I get home I'll look up the part # for you

the 74 bulb that others were talking about does not fit, not even close...BUT the t-74 wedge base bulb fits your ignition switch and does add a nice touch...

Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 PM

has anyone put a LED bulb in the dome light? i just put a 31mm PIAA T-6 bulb in and in the default middle position, it's normal and bright when the doors are open but the LEDs are still very faintly lit when the doors are closed. they do turn completely off when switched off...

is this normal?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 PM
*moderator*

Yes, that is somewhat normal with LED's something do to the fact that they draw such little power...not sure exactly but it's nothing to worry about.