6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Dealer visit

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 01:53 PM

Dealer visit

Guys I took the max to the stealership yesterday to have the struts checked again, they are making a weird noise. Well since I was there I asked the service manager about the faded trim on the roof, he stated that the warranty was only good for 12 months or 12K miles, O.K I said just give me a quote to fix the problem. Fast forward 6 hours, I received a call from the service department saying the struts were good and that they checked everything, O.K that sounds good! By the way the technician said we replaced the faded chrome roof pieces under your warranty, I said that is ever better. I hung up the phone and received a call like 5 minutes later saying that he was mistaken, the chrome roof strips were not under warranty, you owe us $210 bucks, I said NEGATIVE, I never authorized you to replace them, just give me a price quote. He said "yea I know sir but we already did it, I said sorry, so he said they will have to eat the job. I hung up and received yet another call from the stealership saying that they couldn't "eat it" and they would reduce the price to $163 buck, again NEGATIVE!!!! I am not paying for your mistake, bottom line I got it done for FREE. The bad news is when I picked the car up last night I didn't notice the small crack in my front windshield, left side. I jumped in the car this morning and say the crack and now the crack has spread half way across the windshield, I am so p*ssed. I called them up but they were closed today. I can't wait until Monday, they jacked my car up and they are going to pay for a new windshield. You can see that the crack starts from the driver side under the chrome strip. (Sorry for the long tread)

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas!!

Mike
Old 12-24-2005, 02:03 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

yep, when they replaced mined they also cracked the windshield... it has happend to some of us..

reason being the clips run under the windshield....
Old 12-24-2005, 02:10 PM

Did they repair the damaged windshield?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Did they repair the damaged windshield?
yes they did.... to tell you the truth I had to go back about 6 times for this fix, they kept bending the trim over and over, and then the windshield, but all was covered..
Old 12-24-2005, 02:16 PM

That is good.... The actual chrome pieces look great, no stratches or anything.. I would have given them the if it wasn't for the big crack in my windshield. Hey TeK-niq your max is tight!! I used to live in Newport, RI, I was staitioned there for 2 years. I had a good time, very cold but the Summers were excellent. Back then I had a Jetta turbo fully tricked out.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:19 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Big Mike]

That sucks. What kind of techs do these dealers hire? If they did the damn job right that would of not happened. If they give you a hard time about the windshield call the Nissan 800 number.

Merry Christmas

Warren
Old 12-24-2005, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mike
That is good.... The actual chrome pieces look great, no stratches or anything.. I would have given them the if it wasn't for the big crack in my windshield. Hey TeK-niq your max is tight!! I used to live in Newport, RI, I was staitioned there for 2 years. I had a good time, very cold but the Summers were excellent. Back then I had a Jetta turbo fully tricked out.
ah yes newport, I drive trucks for a living so I go there aften...

thanx for the comment, good luck with your car.