6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

G35 seats to fit 6th Gen Maximas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

G35 seats to fit 6th Gen Maximas?

Anyone know if the G35 coupe seats will bolt on to our cars? I imagine Nissan/Infiniti gurus would know.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:51 PM

Here are some relevant links. Tell me what u guys think.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/422689/3

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=369425
Old 05-14-2006, 11:10 PM

what you should do is find an infinity that you like the seats in and check out the rails..... that is going to be the main fitment..... electrical work is nothing with seats...... even if you have heat, tilt, etc...... if you do end up getting seats just get the wiring diagrams for the seat on the max and compare to that on the infinity..... you can allways go to a junkyard or online and pick up some spare plugs to have wired in this way it looks professional..... if you had plugs and wiring diagrams any joe could put it togther..... good luck let us know how it goes and take some pics......
Old 05-14-2006, 11:46 PM
*moderator*

Deus and myself were checking out G35's at the Stillen meet. We looked at the front mounts and they seem to have a slight curve at the front like ours. The Max's do mount up on a crossbar though whereas the G35 seems to mount more to the floor. The rears were a bit harder to visualize, I need to look at the rears of our cars and then hopefully somebody can get pics of the rears of the G35 with the plastics removed. It looked like it might be doable...
Old 05-15-2006, 02:58 AM
GrandPa

Why don't you try to find a place out there in CA. to make you custom seats.
I think that would be a better idea. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:00 AM
KC's FINEST

I agree with Ramberg. Im wondering how these aftermarket seats with the "Home Depot" bits and pieces would fair in an accident.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM

There are various option that can be taken with respect to seats. Im intereested in seats that provide better lateral support and are "sportier" looking than our rather ordinary seats. This would go along with my other upgrades that are performance oriented.

Option 1 - OEM type seats like the G/Z seats. This has the benefit of looking more aggressive than stock and retaining the stock-look but offering increased lateral support. Probably not too expensive. Seats can be scored on ebay or junkyard. No weight savings or harness accomodation. May require mechanical ability in modification.

Option 2 - Aftermarket performance seats like Recarro and others that have matching leather and look like stock type seats but are more performance oriented. These can be very expensive - $2500 for matching leather, heated seats.

Option 3 - Racing seats like Spaarco, Recarro, and others. These have very aggressive appearance, harness accomodations, brackets that fit, and are light weight. These can range in price from $500 on up. The lighter, the more expensive.

I am inclined to go with Option 1 whch matches the scheme of my car and stays with Nissan products, much like the way I did my brakes (300zx calipers). What do u guys think? What options do you like, if any?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:43 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
There are various option that can be taken with respect to seats. Im intereested in seats that provide better lateral support and are "sportier" looking than our rather ordinary seats. This would go along with my other upgrades that are performance oriented.

Option 1 - OEM type seats like the G/Z seats. This has the benefit of looking more aggressive than stock and retaining the stock-look but offering increased lateral support. Probably not too expensive. Seats can be scored on ebay or junkyard. No weight savings or harness accomodation. May require mechanical ability in modification.

Option 2 - Aftermarket performance seats like Recarro and others that have matching leather and look like stock type seats but are more performance oriented. These can be very expensive - $2500 for matching leather, heated seats.

Option 3 - Racing seats like Spaarco, Recarro, and others. These have very aggressive appearance, harness accomodations, brackets that fit, and are light weight. These can range in price from $500 on up. The lighter, the more expensive.

I am inclined to go with Option 1 whch matches the scheme of my car and stays with Nissan products, much like the way I did my brakes (300zx calipers). What do u guys think? What options do you like, if any?
OEM!!! ANd the ALTIMA SE-R seats are a perfect fit, I measured them part for part, everything is identi and you retail all maxima functions. Those seats rock above and beyond the 350Z and G35.

DEUS go to your stealership and test out an SER and tell me how u like the seats. You will fall in love with them from the get go.

Kam
Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Kam: I drove the SE-R the night before I bought my maxima and I didnt care for the seats. Im frankly not sure why you like them as they are similar to our except for the SE-R logo, the leather didnt seem as nice, and they werent as comfortable. Also, they are going to much harder to find since they are kind of rare. I think the Z seats would be the best choice followed very closely by the G35 seats. They are much more plentiful, and have better lateral support. It will require more work though, but would be much cheaper than getting SE-R seats from the stealership.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:11 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Kam: I drove the SE-R the night before I bought my maxima and I didnt care for the seats. Im frankly not sure why you like them as they are similar to our except for the SE-R logo, the leather didnt seem as nice, and they werent as comfortable. Also, they are going to much harder to find since they are kind of rare. I think the Z seats would be the best choice followed very closely by the G35 seats. They are much more plentiful, and have better lateral support. It will require more work though, but would be much cheaper than getting SE-R seats from the stealership.
REALLY!!?? Cause I actually went to the dealership asking if they could sell me just the seat after I tested one. The latteral support was fantastic and the lower lumbar side cushions held me like my girlfriend. I absolutely loved it...... For me to get a set of both front seats in black/grey perf leather is $2200 plus taxes. That includes airbags and seat assembly.

The reason I didnt buy the SE-R is because it was more for my insurance, both cars were almost the exact same price. $36,600 for my Maxi and $35,900 for the Altima. Something just drove me to the Maxima.........

Kam
Old 05-15-2006, 07:04 PM
maxS

5.5 gen seats bolt into a 4th gen with slight modification

Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

IMO for the price of trying to fit another auto's OEM seats, I would invest in something custom which gives you more flexability and may be cheaper...
Old 05-15-2006, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
REALLY!!?? Cause I actually went to the dealership asking if they could sell me just the seat after I tested one. The latteral support was fantastic and the lower lumbar side cushions held me like my girlfriend. I absolutely loved it...... For me to get a set of both front seats in black/grey perf leather is $2200 plus taxes. That includes airbags and seat assembly.

The reason I didnt buy the SE-R is because it was more for my insurance, both cars were almost the exact same price. $36,600 for my Maxi and $35,900 for the Altima. Something just drove me to the Maxima.........

Kam
omfg 35,900 for an altima se-r? i wish i could sell one for that.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by logik05se
omfg 35,900 for an altima se-r? i wish i could sell one for that.
*caugh* Canadien $ *caugh*
Old 05-15-2006, 10:36 PM
GrandPa

I wouldn't spend that type of money for OEM seats. Isn't this the last year for the SE-R?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:10 PM

Any more thoughts on this?