6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Nissan OEM iPod write up

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Will this work on an 07 without BOSE?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

got a uPAC NIS1- no steering wheel controls

I bought the uPAC NIS1 off amazon for way cheaper than most places, and took it to Best Buy for install. The guy got it all hooked up but I cant control anything from the steering wheel. Spoke to PAC Audio and he said there is limited control from sw, it will only change tracks, but I am still yet to figure out how to get it to work. I do see track, artist, song genre etc... but was dissappointed that there is no shuffle option. To toggle through all the music is kind of cumbersome, you just keep hitting seek or track. The layout is kinda weird as far as navigating through the ipod menu, like TRACK<< is 'enter' or 'select' and the seek button go through each choice.

Long story short, its kinda cool seeing the track names on the screen, but if your looking to get to a specific artist, song etc.. and it doesnt begin with an A-D, your gonna be hitting that seek button 100's of times. YOu have to get really advanced and organize the music well with playlists to get the most out of it. I wish they would have integrated the navi **** that controls everything else on the screen to scroll, enter, or even the TUNE **** to spin through selections and actually select! AND you cant do any control of MUSIC on the ipod once connected, you can however still set EQ and view any other apps you have.

Anybody got any suggestions for the steering wheel controls?

Not too disappointed, paid less than 100 for the unit, and bestbuy installed for 50 bucks.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:54 AM

I have this on my car with my iPhone and love it!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

bmaster: I feel your pain. I have a 2006 maxima with factory navigation and I bought the ipod kit from Nissan and installed it. As far as sound it sounds great but the interface is almost useless. It works kinda like you explained and it is almost difficult to find a song/artists... You surely cant do it while driving and feel safe anyway...

When I try to switch tracks on the steering wheel it changes the source and goes back to the radio.. (stupid right) For now I pick who I want to listen to on my ipod first start playing it then hook it up.

My only option is to replace my whole unit doing so I'll lose my navigation so to retain I have to buy a radio with nav. I want to do this so I can have better ipod integration but for me it will be over $1000.00 Bucks....
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by bharned3
When I try to switch tracks on the steering wheel it changes the source and goes back to the radio.. (stupid right) For now I pick who I want to listen to on my ipod first start playing it then hook it up.

did you program it completely like it said to with the presets?? that should fix the problem of switching to the radio.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:34 AM

Too bad you just cant use the cassete adapter. It is nothing but static on my radio
Old 04-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ddelaud - I looked at my instructions again from nissan and see a setup section but it does not show any setup for the steering wheel controls...

Maybe Im missing something
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought the AAI-NIS2 by Pac Audio from Crutchfield to add an AUX line to my 04 6spd Maxima, and it doesn't work.

None of the connections fit into anything in the back of the radio... except for all the way at the bottom behind the cassette tape deck on the right side that had nothing plugged into to begin with. Thought that it would work and then when I put the headunit back together, but everything is still loose it still didn't work when I pressed the SAT button. I'm so pissed man...

Can anyone help me or something... I tried looking on here for some help, but either threads are to old and don't show up... and if I click on some links it leads me to something that doesn't even have to do with what I want to know.

I have a 04 Maxima 6spd with Bose, but without navigation.

I will try again today, and if it doesn't work then I'm going to return it to Crutchfield.