6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

A/C Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 AM

i used a product Called Subzero from autozone.. itz 30 bux with a guage and it work like a charm... i felt like i had a leak and it fixed it and AC is ice coldddddddd... GL
Old 04-15-2009, 05:40 PM

i had mine replaced under warranty also. It was winter when I had to work done. its working again. lets see what this summer brings. Unfortunatly my warranty expires in may of some time...so Im gonna be out of luck.
2006 max with 30k
Old 04-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My A/C line was replaced 2 times under warranty so far. Hopefully this is the last. 07 max se
Old 04-28-2009, 06:28 PM

WOW!!

I am also a VICTIM of this Low Pressure AC leak!!!!

Any pics posted to self-fix would be nyssssssssss.

Thanks folk!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:13 PM

Yep me too. I'm gonna see if I can get a hydraulic hose repair shop can fix it better than getting another and have the same problem again. Maybe they can put a better crimp type on a better hose. man This thread is old.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2006 Maxima 2 thousand miles out of warranty

2006 Maxima; A/C went out 2 thousand miles out of warranty. I called dealership to set up appointment and service manager predicted the bad hoses from experience. I was told both High and low side was leaking. Cost to me - $670. They would not listen to my request to increase the warranty period for the replaced hoses. I will have to bear responcibility for the faulty design multiple times should it occur. This is my second Maxima. Will this be the last?

I called Nissan Corporate to create case file. Will report if there is any positive outcome
Old 05-02-2009, 07:03 AM

My ac blows cold but it doesnt seem "that" cold.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:20 PM

I've also got this very same issue, in the exact same spot on the low preasure A/C line. I called around and it seems the only place i can get the part is Nissan or the auto recyclers, which if im going to do it id rather go with a new part, i just hope its a revised or fixed version so i don't have to replace it again later. $154.12 for a small hose at my local Nissan Dealer is a rip, I've had less issues with my 95 Maxima than i have with my 04... i still miss that ride.

Anyway, i just had my A/C recovered by a friend, gonna change the part myself along with the O-Rings (i hope those come with it) and next weekend I'll have him evac and recharge it for me.

The part number i needed for my 2004 Maxima is 924807Y105

Last edited by overseaz; 05-04-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

AC leak

Found my Ac stopped working at 95,000 miles. Brake max charged $295 for recharging and putting dye. They told me come back several days later for leak check and found low pressure hose leak. They wants $195 additional to replace. Total cost close to $500.
It is stupid pipe and I have same leaking hole as pictured by one person here. Can't believe changing the pipe is so expensive.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Did a search and found this thread.and on 6thgenmaxima.org ..just wanna make sure I have the right part number for my leaky AC hose...I have a 2004 SL and my AC is leaking..(circled in RED in the pic) ..went to the dealer...they want $250 CDN for this hose that is secretly made out of gold for that price....check with google and found this part # 92480 off of Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com do I have the right part #

Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Also is this the low pressure hose that I need......here is a diagram... do I need part# 92480 or 92480-7Y105....I just need the the second hose that leads down to the condenser

http://www.courtesyparts.com/maxima-...2705_2725.html
Old 05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
This Space for Rent

i just had to replace that very hose due to leakage.

$85 for the part, $90 for my buddy to evacuate and charge and 10 minutes of my time to change the hose.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks for the info.......since the dealership is asking $250 CDN for the same exact part.....I guess I will be ordering off of courtesyparts.com..$ 81.56 USD ...does anyone know if it comes with the O rings or do I have to buy them separately.....I am a little confused though what is the correct part # 92480-7Y105...... # 92480....or 92480-A34002

Last edited by lachSL; 05-11-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

A/C hose..

Guess what? I have the same problem in the hose that was last pictured. I was told by one mechanic that its the low pressure hose and one said it was the discharge hose...so can anyone tell me for sure which one it is?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Low Pressure AC hose, OEM # 92480-7Y105.

Mine is an 04 Maxima SL, check with nissan before ordering.

Very easy to change out yourself.

Comes with O rings, but I used the old O rings since they looked good and were already lubed.

Then call the dealer and tell them you put a new hose on and you want them to recharge your ac.

It cost me around $90 for the hose and around $100 for recharge and leak test.

Good luck.

Last edited by MikAus; 05-26-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks so much. I thought the first mechanic was right. It's sad when a name brand mechanic shop says the complete opposite of the auto skills center...especially with the auto skills center being correct.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MikAus
Low Pressure AC hose, OEM # 92480-7Y105.

Mine is an 04 Maxima SL, check with nissan before ordering.

Very easy to change out yourself.

Comes with O rings, but I used the old O rings since they looked good and were already lubed.

Then call the dealer and tell them you put a new hose on and you want them to recharge your ac.

It cost me around $90 for the hose and around $100 for recharge and leak test.

Good luck.
I've had my 05 Max SL leaking from that hose since 20-30K miles ago, pretty much just been recharging with R134a every so often. I really want that replaced, and so far the quotes are $4-500, which is an utter rip.
Does anyone have instructions as to how to replace the hose?

I would really want to just do it myself as i'm on a budget and really need to save some $$. Any cautionary statements from anyone before i decide to tackle this myself? Also, what kind of lubricant would i need for the O-ring?

Also, if anyone knows of any good shops around the area, im in Southern California around Diamond Bar (for those who know the area).

Last edited by ReficuLiu; 09-02-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I hate I didn't google this problem earlier, this goes out to the person that said the friend evacuated the system how did you do that and can you just loosen the hose and put it back, I have this issue for 2 years now
Old 03-24-2011, 12:12 PM

i also have this leak and i ordered a hose from courtesynissan, the part number was 92480-A34002. i noticed it looks a little different than the hose thats on there now. will this fit? i was hoping that its a better design.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:15 PM

92480-ZK30A

Originally Posted by maxlk
i also have this leak and i ordered a hose from courtesynissan, the part number was 92480-A34002. i noticed it looks a little different than the hose thats on there now. will this fit? i was hoping that its a better design.
The actual part number is 92480-ZK30A

Somehow courtsey nissan uses last 5 digits related to body style.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM

anyone have any insight on this?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by maxlk
anyone have any insight on this?
Well, stealership just told me about an A/C leak that I had. Probably gonna get that tube with the part # listed above and go to a local mechanic to get it replaced.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
Well, stealership just told me about an A/C leak that I had. Probably gonna get that tube with the part # listed above and go to a local mechanic to get it replaced.

Its damn easy to replace low pressure a/c hose. It's a no brainer to unbolt the top end of low pressure a/c hose. Once you remove the splash guard below your front bumper then removing bottom end of low pressure a/c hose is super easy. I did this in 30 minutes including recharging system with 134a while car was parked in parking lot and I did not even use jack stands. Before anyone attempt to do this, make sure the pressure in your a/c system is zero. Otherwise you have to bring your car to local shop for this work.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=KevMaster;8005482 Before anyone attempt to do this, make sure the pressure in your a/c system is zero. Otherwise you have to bring your car to local shop for this work.[/QUOTE]

Did you have the system evacuated first before you took off the old hose? Or- Did you buy the gauge and determine that your system had leaked so much that you had already lost all pressure? Can you give a quick rundown of the steps to take before removing the hose? And you recharged it yourself with the refridgerant from Auto Zone? Thanks for any input cuz I have to get this done, my defrost doesn't work so well without the a/c on.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Did you have the system evacuated first before you took off the old hose? Or- Did you buy the gauge and determine that your system had leaked so much that you had already lost all pressure? Can you give a quick rundown of the steps to take before removing the hose? And you recharged it yourself with the refridgerant from Auto Zone? Thanks for any input cuz I have to get this done, my defrost doesn't work so well without the a/c on.

SAFETY GLASS IS MUST.

I knew my AC was lack of pressure or it was running with no pressure at all. In order to verify that, I covered the low pressure recharge valve as much as possible with cotton cloth. I then tried to press the valve with pointer to see if I have any pressure (Just like you release air out of your tires.) However I 1) I covered recharge valve with cloth around so that 134a wont drop anywhere (this is against the law) 2) I had safety glass on just in case. Anyway no pressure was found there so I was good to go. If you find you see green stuff coming out of there then stop right there then wipe that stuff and disposition that cloth to recycle center and then take your car to local shop to do this job. I then removed the splash guard underneath the front bumper to remove bottom end of ac hose. I then removed the top end of ac hose. That was it to replace the ac hose. I then bought 134a from auto zone and recharged right over there. So far so good and ac is blowing ice cold air. I was worried about injecting air in ac system but so far I have no issue at all. And if I find problem later than I will take this to local shop to recharge their ways. Just make sure you do not over tight both bolts because this thing made out of soft aluminum.

Last edited by KevMaster; 04-14-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM

its a pretty easy fix as long as theres nothing in the system. I changed my hose a few weeks ago but just got it recharged last week. working good so far. hopefully that new hose with the diff design is good to go.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by KevMaster
SAFETY GLASS IS MUST.

I knew my AC was lack of pressure or it was running with no pressure at all. In order to verify that, I covered the low pressure recharge valve as much as possible with cotton cloth. I then tried to press the valve with pointer to see if I have any pressure (Just like you release air out of your tires.) However I 1) I covered recharge valve with cloth around so that 134a wont drop anywhere (this is against the law) 2) I had safety glass on just in case. Anyway no pressure was found there so I was good to go. If you find you see green stuff coming out of there then stop right there then wipe that stuff and disposition that cloth to recycle center and then take your car to local shop to do this job. I then removed the splash guard underneath the front bumper to remove bottom end of ac hose. I then removed the top end of ac hose. That was it to replace the ac hose. I then bought 134a from auto zone and recharged right over there. So far so good and ac is blowing ice cold air. I was worried about injecting air in ac system but so far I have no issue at all. And if I find problem later than I will take this to local shop to recharge their ways. Just make sure you do not over tight both bolts because this thing made out of soft aluminum.
Awesome-- thanks for the help.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM

Sorry but doesnt this car **** some of you off? I am having an issue with my AC unit among other things. I have never had so many issues with a car before and I have owned a Chevy to say the least. To pay above $300 for a effing hose is absurd, this will be the last Nissan I will ever get, never again
Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by FenderGuy
Sorry but doesnt this car **** some of you off? I am having an issue with my AC unit among other things. I have never had so many issues with a car before and I have owned a Chevy to say the least. To pay above $300 for a effing hose is absurd, this will be the last Nissan I will ever get, never again
yea, not what I expected when i bought the car. i've already spent $2k just in repairs and I still have to fix my valvebody. Hopefully, nothing else pops up, I've only had the car for 2months.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:44 AM

Well... my 07 has just been diagnosed with this leaky hose. I paid $212 for a system recharge and leak test two weeks ago and the shop just found the leaky hose now.

They quoted me around $400 for evap/new hose/install/recharge, so I am going to buy the hose and wait for the system to lose pressure before replacing it myself.

courtestyparts.com has the hose (92480 7Y105) for $106, where have you guys been able to find it for $80?

Also, is anyone around Minneapolis that would be willing to do the evap/charge for me to save me some cash?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by The8thSt
Well... my 07 has just been diagnosed with this leaky hose. I paid $212 for a system recharge and leak test two weeks ago and the shop just found the leaky hose now.

They quoted me around $400 for evap/new hose/install/recharge, so I am going to buy the hose and wait for the system to lose pressure before replacing it myself.

courtestyparts.com has the hose (92480 7Y105) for $106, where have you guys been able to find it for $80?

Also, is anyone around Minneapolis that would be willing to do the evap/charge for me to save me some cash?
Less than $80 from here....

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories
Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Do you guys think that some kind of metal tape or something to that effect could seal the leak?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by The8thSt
[92480] HOSE-FLEXIBLE,LOW - Maxima (A34) 06/2004+ 4S (92480-A34002) = $81.56

This is the hose that i ordered from courtesyparts.com when I i replaced my hose and it fits fine.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM

having the same problem guy told me the ac compressor would need to replaced too however it doesn't seem like that's the case as everything works fine (fan, heater) except no cold air....i'm only getting the hose replaced and i'll update if that's the only fix or not
Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 PM

I recently just got the hose replaced for $240 (parts/labor) . They wanted Another $150 to do evap and charge. But I decided to get can from autozone for $37 for 18oz can with hose. It blows cold but eventually might need to get professional evap and charge because not ice cold on these 90 degree days.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 PM

I just replaced my A/C compressor and a leaky hose last week. Good thing I bought an after market warranty. I was running with no A/C for the past two weeks when the temp was mid 80s. I found out the cost of the compressor plus labour was about $600.

Next will be rack & pinion, timing chain/tensioner, and whatever else that needs to be replaced.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

FYI, this is the right part and about the cheapest I found online. I ordered it and installed it at my house. Just needed to jack up the car to get to the underneath bolt and had a buddy evac the system for me. $108 for the hose, $140 to him for installation and AC recharge = $250 full repair. Not too bad.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...188982_0_6842_