6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Why did you choose a maxima instead of a g35?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Xbone
Only reason i got the Maxima over the G35 was there are no Infiniti dealers in my area. G35 is faster top speed and a bit quicker all around, and rear wheel drive handles different, but not alot of diff for the price.
So many things wrong with this statement that I don't even know how or where to begin...
Old 10-22-2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kryogen
I'm wondering if I should get a maxima or a g35(x) and why. . . Why did you guys get the maxima instead of the g35? . . .
Back to the original question.

Why we bought a Maxima:
- I wanted a V-6 engine with a manual transmission.
- My wife wanted a 4-door sedan.
- My wife wanted enought space to haul our married children and their children.

We went shopping in May of 2003 at the Nissan dealer because both the Altima and the Maxima were available with all of these features (we owned an Oldsmobile before -- whose auto transmission proved to be junk). We did not consider the Infiniti because the prices were higher and the interior size was smaller.

We first drove the 03 Altima, which was OK with only a 5-speed manual (at the time). But the 04Maxima was so much nicer and not that much more money. We had problems getting the exact car we wanted because we needed wheels immediatedly and could not wait for a Max to be built for us. The dealer did not have a 6-speed in a color my wife would take. The salesman had talked my wife into taking an auto-trannie in a color she wanted -- but not me.

I went home and found on the internet a 6-speed Maxima at a nearby dealer -- which is the car we were able to get. I have never regretted getting this car and love the 6-speed.

You are buying used, and the prices between the Infiniti and the Max are not that great. Buy the car that you like, and don't over-analyze the issue. They are both good cars, with the Maxima being larger.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by coolmax05
I'm feelin' ya. The Infinity salesman suggested I head down to the Kia dealership. I really honestly felt my look/persona/finances at least warranted the Hyundai dealership.

Needless to say I was chagrined.
Haha! This was one reason why I totally dismissed my idea of getting the G. I was dealing with the sales reps from both the Nissan and the Infiniti dealerships. The guy at the Infiniti lot didn't want to even sell me a car, apparently. I guess they get so many 'high-rollers' just dropping cash for cars there, they don't feel they need to 'sell' the cars.

Oh well. I'm quite happy, with my Maxima.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:58 AM
.org extraordinaire

Drove one
Drove the other

bought the other.

Raced the one at the track many times and beat it with the other.

Case solved.

Kamski