6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Goodbye Baby :-(

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:39 PM
.org extraordinaire

Goodbye Baby :-(

Well after weeks of negotiations and some small delays........... I must say goodbye to my baby. I dropped her off today at the dealer and picker up my new car. I must say I almost got choked up..........

I have decided to stop putting money into the Maxima trying to turn it into a sport car. It may get close but it will just never fully be there.

So I have decided to go another route.

Folks, I wish you all the best with your 6th Gens. They are beautiful cars and have a lot of performance out of the box.

This time I felt like having a turbo motor so I could easily add power to it.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...oodBye%20Baby/

I will be around to help out should anyone need it. Or you can locate me on http://www.evoxforums.com/ where my new user name is "TheNEWB"

Once again, wishing you guys all the best, keep on modding and enjoying these wonderful cars.

Your Friend.

Kamski
Old 06-26-2009, 06:39 PM
.org extraordinaire

THE PART OUT THREAD :'-(

Last edited by kamski; 07-02-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:53 PM

Beautiful car, good luck and enjoy it!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Good luck with your new car , you didnt even part out your mods ? did they give you a good trade in value ?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:04 PM

nice choice and color... i wish i had the patience of learning stick... if i knew how, i would have had an Evo a long time ago.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 PM

by the way, what about all your mods?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I knew this day was coming but you chose a nice car. You know I have a soft spot for the Evo. I even have Evo leather Recaros in my maxima so I can feel like Im sitting in one. Bring it to Lone Pine so we can go head to head. Enjoy the car and stay in touch my friend.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 PM
*moderator*

Wow Kamski, nice choice. My buddy got a white one, it's a fun/amazing car!!!

His looks close to this:

PS he just took the rear wing off and added a cf lip spoiler, it looks WAAAAAAAYY better, first mod!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:04 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Soon our aftermarket will stop for the 6thgen and that will be it. Jumping ship before it sinks!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
, you didnt even part out your mods ??
Oddly enough I sold almost all the mods within 2 days to some local guys. Most of which will turn to the .org for future insight.

I have left over:

Wilwood BBK 13.6" 4 POT w/ 2 sets of pads - $600
Activetuning 4.1S grill in Smoke with oval holes - $150
OEM Sirius SAT + PAC-NIS2 aux input - $200
Uprev CIPHER diagnostic software/hardware - $150

Everything else got sold. Nismo rims, Nismo Exhaust, Short Throw, Rear AGX shocks, Strutbrace, Fujita Intake, NWP block plate.................. it all went within a few hours of being posted on kijiji.

So now I'm debating what to get as my first mod for the Evo. I think K&N along with some nice 3000K HH main HID's.

Oddly enough, when I took all the mods off the car. It felt so old and weak, not much power or umph and the stock brakes................

I'm definitely looking to new adventures in the Evo.

Kamski
Old 06-26-2009, 11:20 PM

Sucks that you got rid of the Max, but congrats on the new ride. At least show pictures of the ride when the modding starts!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 AM

Congrats on the Evo. I've always loved the performance of an evo. you should hit up evolutionm.net too
Old 06-27-2009, 04:09 AM

Good choice of replacement. I like both the lancer Evo and the WRX Sti.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:26 AM

The Lancer Evo is a real fun sports car. Congrats on your purchase. You will enjoy your new Baby!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:32 AM

Good luck with your new ride. Thanks for all your insight while you where here. Come back and see us from time to time.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 AM

Congrats on taking delivery of the Evo! Nice colour too.

Thanks so much again for the wheels, at least a part of your car still lives on these boards! :P

Old 06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by skidz88
Congrats on taking delivery of the Evo! Nice colour too.

Thanks so much again for the wheels, at least a part of your car still lives on these boards! :P

I'm glad your enjoying the rims. What tires did you get for them? It was nice to meet you. The 5th gen you have is awesome!!! Specially the radio.

All the best bro.

Kamski
Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 AM

good luck//gr8 choice with the evo tho!!
Old 06-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Nice ride bro!! but if were me looking to buy a sports car like that I would have got the 09 NIssan Z that's just me but my next ride will be the lexus
GS 350 AWD
Old 06-27-2009, 04:13 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Lovemycar
Nice ride bro!! but if were me looking to buy a sports car like that I would have got the 09 NIssan Z that's just me but my next ride will be the lexus
GS 350 AWD
I test drove the Z. It was ok, but it felt disconnected from the road. This car is just

No words can describe how telegraphic this car feels.

Skidz88, what tires your rolling on now?

Kamski
Old 06-27-2009, 04:22 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Wow Kamski, nice choice. My buddy got a white one, it's a fun/amazing car!!!

His looks close to this:

PS he just took the rear wing off and added a cf lip spoiler, it looks WAAAAAAAYY better, first mod!!
Thought about that, but I think I will go with this first:

TEE HEE HEE, I LIKE THIS IDEA :-D
Old 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by kamski
I test drove the Z. It was ok, but it felt disconnected from the road. This car is just

No words can describe how telegraphic this car feels.

Skidz88, what tires your rolling on now?

Kamski
I'm still running on your Contis. I was doing the Z32 BBK that same evening and I decided I'd just test fit the wheels to see how they'd look on the car. I took the car off the hoist and saw they didn't rub so I took it for a drive and they seem fine lol. It does throw my speedo off a tad but I can definately run these til the end of the season!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:52 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by skidz88
I'm still running on your Contis. I was doing the Z32 BBK that same evening and I decided I'd just test fit the wheels to see how they'd look on the car. I took the car off the hoist and saw they didn't rub so I took it for a drive and they seem fine lol. It does throw my speedo off a tad but I can definately run these til the end of the season!
How do u like the Contis 2? I must tell you those are some epic tires. I think for the next set for this car I will go with the Conti Sport Contact 3 as most mag reviews are raving about them.

Kamski
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by kamski
How do u like the Contis 2? I must tell you those are some epic tires. I think for the next set for this car I will go with the Conti Sport Contact 3 as most mag reviews are raving about them.

Kamski
The Conti 2s stick like glue, they're awesome. The wheels feel so much lighter as well. Getting Conti 3s next year would be nice, seems like it's the best way to go since nobody makes semi R compound tires in 19".
Old 06-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Enjoy the new ride Kamski! I'm going to miss you and your cool ride. I believe I speak on everyone's behalf here when I say that: All of your input over the years has been greatly appreciated! Happy Motoring big guy and stay safe...and don't forget us over here...feel welcome to drop in and say hello once in a while and give us the inside scoop on your new ride. Evo's are great fun and are a good bang for the buck...a lot of cars are in that same category too like the new 5 door Suburu WRX STi, the Euro VW GOLF GTI R32 AWD, the new Lotus Evora, Although a bit on the pricey side, the new BWM Z4, The '10 Porsche Caymen with PDK and LSD.

On Friday while at the pump I saw a brand new Camaro in Red right out of the showroom and it sounded and looked fantastic...IMHO better than the Challenger...and the new Mustang with the rear timed 3 blinkers is cool too. I do disagree with you about the new 370Z though, it's one of the best cars out there for the money right now. You must have test drove an umpreped car.

Audi A5's and BMW 335i's are for salesmen and although good looking cars, are not cool...while VW EOS are for Real Estate sales ladies....just too generic for me. I have a problem with BMW's though: How does one justify paying over $85K for an M3 essentially the same body style as the I28 or the 323 at under $28K? If I'm going to plunk down some serious money, I want something different like maybe a GTR...if it were not for the crazy waiting lists!

Lexus is nice but it's really for people that seem like10 cups of coffee is still not enough to wake them up. And currently the only Acura that I like is the TSX....I find the TL front is FUGLY. Then there is the new Hyundai Genesis....like who do they thing they're fooling with no front badge? While you're at it go all the way and debadge the rear too! LOL! Then there is the new Honda Accord Coupe and it's interior center stack that looks like it belongs on a 1990's Cadi. Anyone notice I didn't mention the Mercedes? Well sit back and enjoy the new E350 & E500 coupe; IMO one of the nicest looking cars and another bang for the buck...I want a one year old car next year..you know the type: DINKS double income no kids and then they find out that the wife is expecting twins! Time for a 4 door and I show up just in time to give them a helping hand and take it off their hands minus the depreciation! LOL!

For all those who are interested, my freind who has a souped up 300ZX (Track car and some street) also has a fully loaded
G35 coupe with the 4 wheel steering option ...not a typo...4WS, completely stock, black, manual with only 30K KMS , that's about
20K miles coming up to it's end of lease for $26K Can buy back! That's just over $20K US. I know my dealer has a used one, same year selling for $32K with 2.5 times that mileage. This car was babied and is in mint condition...I wish that I had the guts to buy it myself....I know it would be hard to drive in Montreal in winter though.

The long and winding road....

Last edited by xorbitman; 06-27-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:44 PM

Enjoy the new ride...
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by BLACKNESS MONSTA
Enjoy the new ride...
Hahah that little wavy hand is EPIC.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
Enjoy the new ride Kamski! I'm going to miss you and your cool ride. I believe I speak on everyone's behalf here when I say that: All of your input over the years has been greatly appreciated! Happy Motoring big guy and stay safe...and don't forget us over here...feel welcome to drop in and say hello once in a while and give us the inside scoop on your new ride. Evo's are great fun and are a good bang for the buck...a lot of cars are in that same category too like the new 5 door Suburu WRX STi, the Euro VW GOLF GTI R32 AWD, the new Lotus Evora, Although a bit on the pricey side, the new BWM Z4, The '10 Porsche Caymen with PDK and LSD.

On Friday while at the pump I saw a brand new Camaro in Red right out of the showroom and it sounded and looked fantastic...IMHO better than the Challenger...and the new Mustang with the rear timed 3 blinkers is cool too. I do disagree with you about the new 370Z though, it's one of the best cars out there for the money right now. You must have test drove an umpreped car.

Audi A5's and BMW 335i's are for salesmen and although good looking cars, are not cool...while VW EOS are for Real Estate sales ladies....just too generic for me. I have a problem with BMW's though: How does one justify paying over $85K for an M3 essentially the same body style as the I28 or the 323 at under $28K? If I'm going to plunk down some serious money, I want something different like maybe a GTR...if it were not for the crazy waiting lists!

Lexus is nice but it's really for people that seem like10 cups of coffee is still not enough to wake them up. And currently the only Acura that I like is the TSX....I find the TL front is FUGLY. Then there is the new Hyundai Genesis....like who do they thing they're fooling with no front badge? While you're at it go all the way and debadge the rear too! LOL! Then there is the new Honda Accord Coupe and it's interior center stack that looks like it belongs on a 1990's Cadi. Anyone notice I didn't mention the Mercedes? Well sit back and enjoy the new E350 & E500 coupe; IMO one of the nicest looking cars and another bang for the buck...I want a one year old car next year..you know the type: DINKS double income no kids and then they find out that the wife is expecting twins! Time for a 4 door and I show up just in time to give them a helping hand and take it off their hands minus the depreciation! LOL!

For all those who are interested, my freind who has a souped up 300ZX (Track car and some street) also has a fully loaded
G35 coupe with the 4 wheel steering option ...not a typo...4WS, completely stock, black, manual with only 30K KMS , that's about
20K miles coming up to it's end of lease for $26K Can buy back! That's just over $20K US. I know my dealer has a used one, same year selling for $32K with 2.5 times that mileage. This car was babied and is in mint condition...I wish that I had the guts to buy it myself....I know it would be hard to drive in Montreal in winter though.

The long and winding road....
Kamski: I too did appreciate your wisdom Kamski. Among other things, your advice got me that awesome black Vibrant muffler that has given some of the nicest compliments I have received on the sound of the car. Also, I enjoyed having a comrade who also takes his car to the track. We showed the world that a 6th Gen Maxima is a serious force to be reckoned with, eh? Also, enjoyed meeting you when you came to California. Try not to be a stranger, even though they say "Out of sight, out of mind." I hope this wont be the case.

Xorbitman: Nice review of cars. I think its good that the Genesis is badgless in the front. It looks like a nice car and i think Hyundai has minimized its prior reputation of being a poor quality car. My son has an 03 Tibby and its a really really nice car, with a surprising amount of features. I also think the Benz is a nice bang for the buck - good looks, great quality, the Benz name, decent price.

I should test drive the new Evo. Well, maybe not. Id be joining Kamski on the Evo forum I think and I love my Max too much.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Kamski: I too did appreciate your wisdom Kamski. Among other things, your advice got me that awesome black Vibrant muffler that has given some of the nicest compliments I have received on the sound of the car. Also, I enjoyed having a comrade who also takes his car to the track. We showed the world that a 6th Gen Maxima is a serious force to be reckoned with, eh? Also, enjoyed meeting you when you came to California. Try not to be a stranger, even though they say "Out of sight, out of mind." I hope this wont be the case.

Xorbitman: Nice review of cars. I think its good that the Genesis is badgless in the front. It looks like a nice car and i think Hyundai has minimized its prior reputation of being a poor quality car. My son has an 03 Tibby and its a really really nice car, with a surprising amount of features. I also think the Benz is a nice bang for the buck - good looks, great quality, the Benz name, decent price.

I should test drive the new Evo. Well, maybe not. Id be joining Kamski on the Evo forum I think and I love my Max too much.
I love being part of these forums. I met some awesome people here. It was awesome to meet you guys up in Cali.

Yes the Maxima was definitely a force to be reckoned with. I schooled many Z, G's,S2000s, Sti's and other such toys at the regular track events I attended. The 6th Gen with a 6sp manual truly is a 4DSC on an EPIC scale.

I will not abandon these forums, the knowledge earned here I will keep throughout my life.

I have become so in tuned with this forum and the 6th gen, this was my start page for my web browser and when the time came, I had my car stripped within a day because I had accumulated so much knowledge here it was almost common sense taking it apart.

Kamski
Old 06-29-2009, 06:16 AM

I hate to see you leave but love to watch you go. enjoy the new ride. How is the interior room wise. Did you get the GSR or MR. Their dual clutch is a force to be reckoned with but love their manual system anyways.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks Kam for all the "STUFF" I am enjoying the max so much and it drive like a compleatly diff car and its because of you and your help.....enjoy your new ride.....and thanks again.

Last edited by trini_maxima; 06-29-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 AM

Damn Kamski, Leaving the org. I hate seeing people get rid of the maxima. This is my first one and I love it. I'm sure I will eventually get the 7th gen later down the line when it comes to be time for new wheels. Most people I have seen with Maxima's stick with those cars through multiple gens (Like hondas and acuras). Congratulatoins on your new wheels bro.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 PM

An Evo is like a whole new beast. It's almost the complete opposite in comparison. Test drove an Evo and I was amazed at the instant power it had, however completely disappointed at the comfort it had. Seats were so uncomfortable I was moving around a lot to find that "sweet spot". Could never find it though being that I was too focused on not wrecking the car and getting the most out of my short time with it. I loved the power and performance of the thing. If I did get the Evo I would change out the driver's seat and put in a shifting kit. I mean other than that the car was insane. Good luck with it and definitely take it autocrossing.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by trini_maxima
Thanks Kam for all the "STUFF" I am enjoying the max so much and it drive like a compleatly diff car and its because of you and your help.....enjoy your new ride.....and thanks again.

Yute-man, fly de bonnet nuh!

LOL, I'm very glad your enjoying the mods. How does the car feel in power now?

Kamski
Old 06-29-2009, 06:47 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by VigilanteMax
I hate to see you leave but love to watch you go. enjoy the new ride. How is the interior room wise. Did you get the GSR or MR. Their dual clutch is a force to be reckoned with but love their manual system anyways.

Interior = very tight, and other then seats very Deawoo/Kia like.
Car = GSR base

I tried the MR with the manual, I just couldnt get over the fact I would be going back to a "manumatic" even though it really is a sequential. It just didn't feel right without that third pedal.

I tell you guys, I mashed it today, with Traction fully OFF and it just rained. MAN o MAN the thing drove sideways, got grip and went like a bat out of hell.

This is a whole different level of driving. But...........Its A PIG on gas. 120Km/h on the highway is 3500RPM............ I can see the gas gauge dropping. 11.7L per 100km is my average right now........BAD

Kamski
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM

Lucky Bastard!

lol jk, I love Evo's and a member of evolutionm.net and also a subby nut so im on subaru forums too. Anyway from what i heard, the car runs rich from the factory and your first mods should be getting it tuned somehow. But I say wait tilll you get your turbo back and other mods and dont bother with the COBB AP, buy the parts used and get it pro tuned by a local tunning shop. This you are getting the best performance out of your car but if you like having the extra features of the AP, then go ahead. You can also get it protuned by an authorized COBB tuner.

I know you are a smart knowlegable guy so you probably knew that stuff but I thaught I should just throw them out there anyway.

Some subby owners have been saying that Perrin reflashed cars were twitchy and what not but im not too sure about the evo's. I just dont like to frequent the evo forums bcus it just make me sad that i can't afford one. Good luck and post MOOOAARR pictures!

P.s. its time to get a STy sticker. lol
Old 06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

kam the power added. made the max seem like a new car .......its crazy i did not expect those kind of gains.....you're right bout after 3500 rpms its like a whole new intake just kicked it....it just "hauls"...best money spent ......the evo looks sweeeeet!!!! cant wait to see it next week......later
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by trini_maxima
kam the power added. made the max seem like a new car .......its crazy i did not expect those kind of gains.....you're right bout after 3500 rpms its like a whole new intake just kicked it....it just "hauls"...best money spent ......the evo looks sweeeeet!!!! cant wait to see it next week......later
Yeah buddy, the look on your face when I revved that motor was Priceless.

I saw your face go, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTF mon!!!?"

LOL I'm glad your enjoying. The software will be a nice touch to tweak your car as you need.

Kamski
Old 07-14-2009, 08:23 AM

good luck - i know your going to miss the extra interior space in the max. though