6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 maxima w/bose wo/nav aux input?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

please help with service engine light
Old 06-20-2015, 07:51 PM

There are many, many reasons for the check engine light to come on. We need to know what the trouble code is that is causing the check engine light to be on.

Got to an auto parts store and ask them to read the codes on your car. They will do it for free (except in California I think).
Old 03-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nissguy82
No, I'm still here. Yes what the guy with the 4th gen Maxima that soldered the wire to the unit is exactly what i did. Yes, the 2004-2006 maxima stereos work sililar (i mean same pricipal). I was bored one day and decided to take my whole head unit appart to see what i can do to add an aux, i even saw that other wirteup and decided to see if i could do the same. You can do it too.

Take apart the stereo, from the top remove the four or five little screws from the casset unit inside the stereo. take a look at the circuit board on the casset unit and somewhere toward the bottom there are these three unused solder points that look like pins. Some where next to it you can see the words in white that read AUX INPUT. That is were you solder the auxilary wires into. I hope you guys can figure out how to solder it there. It is labeled left chanel, right chanel and ground. After you put it back in, you can just lay the wire to come out the streo though the already exiting holes, get creative. Then when you put it all together get one of those casset adapters and take out the wire and the little transmission head inside it. the point is to use the casset as a dummy tape. put it in and press the casset button like you are going to listen to a casset now connect the new auxilary cable to your device and balance the volume on the devide and on the head unit. Usually about 75% on the devide will work.

That sums up what i did and works for me. I have an '06 without navigation.
I can try to make a write up but i have to take it all appart to take pics. Yeah i know, i should of made a write up when i was doing it but i was really dedicated to it that i realized i forgot to make a write up when it was all done. I thought of all the people here on the forums when i did it but i guess i just kept it to my self.

If anyone still wants a write up, please motivate me. and i might red-o it in a few days, unless some one else dares to do it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. I followed your steps today, and it works perfectly ! I did find though, that I had to remove the plastic bezel on front of unit , to get at the last two little screws to allow me to remove the metal cover to access cassette circuit board. it wasn't hard to do. I also found this video to show how to remove the entire system, though I adjusted my course a little to only remove the cd/cassette component.
Anyone thinking of doing this...go for it. not "too hard" and its great to have the IPOD connected with booming sound !
Old 09-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

re: aux

This worked for my 05 Maxima thanks for who Ever found that out
No, I'm still thhere. Yes what the guy with the 4th gen Maxima that soldered the wire to the unit is exactly what i did. Yes, the 2004-2006 maxima stereos work sililar (i mean same pricipal). I was bored one day and decided to take my whole head unit appart to see what i can do to add an aux, i even saw that other wirteup and decided to see if i could do the same. You can do it too.

Take apart the stereo, from the top remove the four or five little screws from the casset unit inside the stereo. take a look at the circuit board on the casset unit and somewhere toward the bottom there are these three unused solder points that look like pins. Some where next to it you can see the words in white that read AUX INPUT. That is were you solder the auxilary wires into. I hope you guys can figure out how to solder it there. It is labeled left chanel, right chanel and ground. After you put it back in, you can just lay the wire to come out the streo though the already exiting holes, get creative. Then when you put it all together get one of those casset adapters and take out the wire and the little transmission head inside it. the point is to use the casset as a dummy tape. put it in and press the casset button like you are going to listen to a casset now connect the new auxilary cable to your device and balance the volume on the devide and on the head unit. Usually about 75% on the devide will work.

That sums up what i did and works for me. I have an '06 without navigation.
I can try to make a write up but i have to take it all appart to take pics. Yeah i know, i should of made a write up when i was doing it but i was really dedicated to it that i realized i forgot to make a write up when it was all done. I thought of all the people here on the forums when i did it but i guess i just kept it to my self.

If anyone still wants a write up, please motivate me. and i might red-o it in a few days, unless some one else dares to do it.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

To those who have the factory bose system with the casset player, it is possible to add an axilary cable directly to the head unit and have high quality audio play form it. I installed it in my maxima. I'll take a pic if anyone is interested.
You wouldn’t happen to know of a way I can do this and have my steering wheel controls work to change my volume or skip the song on my device? If I can get away with keeping the stock head unit and interface in I’ll be stoked, it just feels more put together to me lol.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2004 Maxima / Pathfinder Bose radio bluetooth mod

did the same to my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder bose radio. Thanks to this thread. works great. this is how i did it.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:50 PM

I like what I see on the above pics. is the soldering hard to do or is there plenty of space on the circuit board to work with?
Old 05-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 04maximas
I like what I see on the above pics. is the soldering hard to do or is there plenty of space on the circuit board to work with?
It is easy to solder, the points are already tinned, so just tin the wires and press them on the tabs with a soldering iron. The heat will melt them together, hold your hand steady while the solder re solidifies. One problem i had was the output from the bluetooth was too low, so i bought a 5 dollar headphone amp off amazon. wired it up, now it has more than enough power and clips. I need to figure out a way to lower the impedance going into the unit. I saw someone use a resistor inline with the audio wires to get rid of the clipping im experiencing. When i figure it out I will post up more pictures and better write up.