6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

08 maxima base system ( clarion en1240 amplifier) bypass HELL!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

08 maxima base system ( clarion en1240 amplifier) bypass HELL!!

Cutting right to the chase...
Got an 08 maxima se which had an aftermarket 2 din multimedia blahs blahs bla...
got an aftermarket amp and sub (clarion apx400.4m) (dual 12" 4ohm svc)
I've taken everything and plugged everything into everything else and still no output from the amp to the sub...or any speaker for that matter.
Multimeter tests fine on all parts...
tried inputting using both high and low levels...
I've removed the factory amp and tried all sorts of combinations of wiring... no flipping output.
What am I missing? And what is the harness in the trunk to the left of the factory amp location that has the left rear + and -( L/W )(L/G)...a R/B wire..left rear factory sub + / - (L/W)(P)...and two thicker guage wires I dont know what they are that run in through that plug all the way across into the right side wire bundle and out...wtf? They are (L/W) AND (L/G)...?
p.s. ...there is an interface under the HU that was added as well for retaining controls and factory amp as well...
should I just sell the car or what...PLEASE FIX IT!...thank you
Old 02-19-2020, 08:56 AM

What factory amp did you remove? The 2 subs in the back (assuming you had the stock Bose system) each have their own mini-amp inside the black plastic housing on the outside of the speaker. The big metal amp is for the rest of the speakers.

I'm no speaker expert, just thought that just might be a possible cause for your problem.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:58 AM

Oh just realized your car is a half generation newer than mine, if what I said doesn't make any sense then it only applies to 04-06 maximas with the Bose system. Sorry about that.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by RichardIV
Oh just realized your car is a half generation newer than mine, if what I said doesn't make any sense then it only applies to 04-06 maximas with the Bose system. Sorry about that.
Also mine is the base system...not bose
It has factory clarion amp instead and the "subs" are just two 6x9s with no mini amps attached...thank you though for the reply...
Old 02-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

[QUOTE=Daniel Thomas;9217435]Also mine is the base system...not bose
It has factory clarion amp instead and the "subs" are just two 6x9s with no mini amps attached...thank you though for the reply...[/QUOi had same problem i used the metra 70- 7551bi think thats part number connected like normal but only got front speakers going then i rewired my rear doors which got me 4 speakers going yay i also have a small amp im gonna connect the 6x9 to soon believe me searched high and low could not find any answers to help with the base model its like we dont exist hope this helps
Old 02-29-2020, 10:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

[QUOTE=Joseph Anthony Mares;9217890]
Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas
Also mine is the base system...not bose
It has factory clarion amp instead and the "subs" are just two 6x9s with no mini amps attached...thank you though for the reply...[/QUOi had same problem i used the metra 70- 7551bi think thats part number connected like normal but only got front speakers going then i rewired my rear doors which got me 4 speakers going yay i also have a small amp im gonna connect the 6x9 to soon believe me searched high and low could not find any answers to help with the base model its like we dont exist hope this helps
Ha! Well...maybe they only made two?!
Anyway...I dont want the door speakers running through the aftermarket amp...only the am sub. Just wanted to bypass factory amp and add a.m. sub and amp....****!
So where am I now? I'm going to replace the aftermarket stereo...minus the metra interface... https://maxima.org/forums/attachment...1&d=1583043166 ...and run new speaker wire from the new new h.u. wired direct to the factory wiring. Tap into the output signal of the factory harness(...in this case I guess I will use pin 2...doesn't matter as long as its output signal...) and run rca's to amp from h.u....wiring the sub at speaker level out of da amplificator... AND IM GONNA PUT IT ALL ON VIDEO...BOYYYYYEEEEE!
(that is unless somebody knows wtf I'm missing!?)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
120NIRD01.PDF (773.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 03-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

[QUOTE=Daniel Thomas;9217924]
Originally Posted by Joseph Anthony Mares

Ha! Well...maybe they only made two?!
Anyway...I dont want the door speakers running through the aftermarket amp...only the am sub. Just wanted to bypass factory amp and add a.m. sub and amp....****!
So where am I now? I'm going to replace the aftermarket stereo...minus the metra interface... https://maxima.org/forums/attachment...1&d=1583043166 ...and run new speaker wire from the new new h.u. wired direct to the factory wiring. Tap into the output signal of the factory harness(...in this case I guess I will use pin 2...doesn't matter as long as its output signal...) and run rca's to amp from h.u....wiring the sub at speaker level out of da amplificator... AND IM GONNA PUT IT ALL ON VIDEO...BOYYYYYEEEEE!
(that is unless somebody knows wtf I'm missing!?)
so did u get your system going?