7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much did you pay? *New car shopper*

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jixxxer
well i made the purchase, and got the sv sport pkg, mats, splash guards, trunk org. for a lil under 32k, I really love the car!!!!

Where did you buy it?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by digitalshow
Bought mine on Monday (in Mississippi)...White Maxima 09 with Prem+tech - splash guards and some dealer "extras"...was stickered around $39200 or something like that and they sold it for $35,500 (including tax).

Great car...I got the windows tinted...and will probably change the rims...but besides that - its perfect for us.

Where did you buy it?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:32 AM

The color is Silver.
The one thing I have noticed is that the Bose sound is not as good as it was in my Altima. Maybe it is the dash speakers as opposed to the tweeters that were in the door of the Altima. Ayone else have a sound grip?
Also, I have a slot near the left side of the dashboard that looks like it may be for the card reader but my window sticker does not indicate that I have this option. Could this just be an open cavity for installation at a later date?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 AM

Seeing as we get ripped off big time here in Canada when it comes to cars (but I don't mind, I don't know better so hey), the Maxima (we only have one model here) with Sport Package came back at around $39,000 before taxes, and it took a lot of negociations. In any case, I didn't take the tech package. In all honesty I don't need a 9GB harddrive in my car. I plug in my iPod. Plus, why spend $2k on a stock Nissan headunit when I could get a custom-made Alpine media centre for that price?

In any case, very satisfied thus far. The CVT transmission is a blast; these ******** that review these cars don't know what they're talking about.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've had my car now for 3 months and not seen another one???

I find this so strange. I live in Los Angeles (we love our cars here) and I'm so surprised that I've NEVER seen another 09 Maxima on the road besides the first one that I saw back in Sept.

A friend of mine who is also very tuned into cars said that's she's never seen one either.

I wonder why? I've been very happy with it so far (still have under 3000 miles) and I think it looks great. I have the Sport package with all the bells and whistles.

Maybe the price point is too high?

Any comments??
Old 12-19-2008, 10:31 AM

Well, considering you could get a BMW 135i (a mini M3) for maybe a grand or two more, yes, the price point is high.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM

URGENT OPINIONS NEEDED

Wife already has 09 Prem/Tech, love it.

I have 9mos left on my 07 Audi S4 cabrio left and the payment is killing me. The payments are 960/mo(cant do leasetrader as I am in the last year).

The dealer that sold us my wife's car has offered me another 09 Prem/Tech. For 779/mo, including taxes and 1k total OOP, 39/mo 12k/yr they will payoff the last nine mos of the Audi lease. The sales price of the Max is $34,056 which is well below invoice so I know that part is tight.

I'm saving just less than 200/mo, is it worth it or should I suck it up, ride out the lease and see what my options are in Sept?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:09 AM

Unless you're in love with the S4, I'd cut it loose for the Max. At least you know what you're getting and to save $200/month in leasing costs sounds like the right math to me!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jaspertl
I find this so strange. I live in Los Angeles (we love our cars here) and I'm so surprised that I've NEVER seen another 09 Maxima on the road besides the first one that I saw back in Sept.

A friend of mine who is also very tuned into cars said that's she's never seen one either.

I wonder why? I've been very happy with it so far (still have under 3000 miles) and I think it looks great. I have the Sport package with all the bells and whistles.

Maybe the price point is too high?

Any comments??
Yes, I believe the price is too high at least in terms of finance and Money factor rates. I had been hoping for a drop in MF or some type of incentive to make a lease more affordable. Unfortunately, that has not happened so tomorrow I am leasing a 2008 G35x with premium pkg for less than what I have been offered for an SV sport lease. After test driving the g35x I realized that the performance was much better than that of the maxima. Not much of a surprise but I didn't really expect such a difference. I live in New england so the AWD will be especially appreciated.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by dkmura
Unless you're in love with the S4, I'd cut it loose for the Max. At least you know what you're getting and to save $200/month in leasing costs sounds like the right math to me!
I do love the Audi but it doesnt fit my lifestyle anymore and the payment is brutal.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:33 PM

As many cars as I have gone through over the past 10 years I wish I'd have leased.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:54 PM

max, left you a pm, can you respond plz?

thx
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM

Shouldn't you be able to avoid doc fees (needless markup)? There should only be destination charges, right?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by netjack
Shouldn't you be able to avoid doc fees (needless markup)? There should only be destination charges, right?
Most dealers have used the doc fee as part of their standard 'fluff' for many years now. It's going to be tough for them to give them up and you'll have to negotiate to get them to do so. Some will even insist its mandated by state law, but you'll have to check it yourself. In Colorado, dealers are allowed to charge a fee if they do so without discrimination. Make it a deal breaker and you'll get it dropped.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Dealer Premiums?

Anybody still seeing Dealer Premiums on the window stickers? I can't believe my local dealer (Okla.) thinks people here will pay over sticker.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerGuy
Anybody still seeing Dealer Premiums on the window stickers? I can't believe my local dealer (Okla.) thinks people here will pay over sticker.
That's another sales gimmick that I hope will go the way of the Dodo. If there's so much demand for a just-released model (think GT-R or 370Z) maybe a dealer can get away with it. Otherwise, it's just a ploy to drive up the price and start the negotiating from a higher point...
Old 12-21-2008, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerGuy

My dealer still has the $3,690 'Market Adjustment' sticker on his '09 Maximas that arrived back in the summer. In the market we have today, any salesperson that expects the customer to pay a penny of that 'Market Adjustment' charge needs to have their own mental view of today's market adjusted. Drastically.

Fortunately, there are dozens of Nissan dealers in the north half of Georgia, and some will deal. Here are prices from recent Atlanta newspaper ads advertising base '09 Maximas:

Team Nissan of Marietta - - - $24,998
Sutherlin Nissan - - - - - - - $24,888
Gwinnett Place Nissan - - - - $24,677
Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
My dealer still has the $3,690 'Market Adjustment' sticker on his '09 Maximas that arrived back in the summer. In the market we have today, any salesperson that expects the customer to pay a penny of that 'Market Adjustment' charge needs to have their own mental view of today's market adjusted. Drastically.

Fortunately, there are dozens of Nissan dealers in the north half of Georgia, and some will deal. Here are prices from recent Atlanta newspaper ads advertising base '09 Maximas:

Team Nissan of Marietta - - - $24,998
Sutherlin Nissan - - - - - - - $24,888
Gwinnett Place Nissan - - - - $24,677

Whoa. Those are some really nice prices; I don't care if they are on base models.
You wouldn't happen to know what they are asking on upgrades would you?
Old 12-23-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner
Whoa. Those are some really nice prices; I don't care if they are on base models.
$10K for a stereo and another $5k for seats.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:22 PM

Lightonthehill- I'm guessing those prices are on one particular vehicle? Saw an ad a few years back in my local paper with a huge discount on a Tahoe (hard to find a big discount back then...), when I went to the dealer and asked about the ad the salesman seemed puzzled. Then, after asking his mgr, he showed us the particular vehicle. This thing had the dealer's logo plastered all over the hood, doors, etc. After that I've been really skeptical about newspaper ads. But I guess it's always worth investigating.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:22 PM

Those sub-$25K prices in Atlanta must be for Maxima S models. Probably no options at all and used to bring in traffic.

Upgrades? That's where they move you up into the SV, premium and sport models.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:16 AM

Thanks to Max's referral above, I was able to get:
SV+Premium+Tech+Spoiler+Floor/Trunk Mats+Splash Guards+Trunk Road/Emergency Kit for $31,99+$299 doc fee for a whopping total of $33,999 pre TTL.

Best deal I've seen out there so far!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:14 AM

Here are the specs:

SV+Prem.+Mats/Splash/Trunk Org.+ $299 Doc = "Deal"

Is a good Deal $32k? How about $31k?

Tags and taxes to be added to the deal.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by CT Maxima
Here are the specs:

SV+Prem.+Mats/Splash/Trunk Org.+ $299 Doc = "Deal"

Is a good Deal $32k? How about $31k?

Tags and taxes to be added to the deal.
MSRP on such a Maxima comes out to just over $37K with $695 shipping charge. Invoice should be just a bit under $34K (again, with factory shipping included), so $31-32K would be a good deal. It really depends on how much the dealer wants the sale, but hopefully this info helps.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 AM

MSRP was actually 39 and change..guess they're taking a hit on it just to move it out..
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Analysis of NetJack's Deal

MSRP was actually 39 and change..guess they're taking a hit on it just to move it out..
NetJack's deal critical numbers:

MSRP: $39.3k
Invoice: $35.8k
"Deal Price": $34.0k (includes $0.3k "document fee" aka profit)

Under invoice: $1.8k

Is my math right? If so, invoice price means nothing.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:13 PM

It's all a sales gimmick to make it look like they are dropping the price. I always try to get my vehicles $6-10k below MSRP.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner

I am sure you would be able to negotiate on anything these days. As SoonerGuy and dkmura suggested in their subsequent posts, these are base 'S' Maximas that had an MSRP of $29,290 and an invoice of $26,832 before the October Nissan MSRP price increase of $870 on the 'S'. So we are talking around $2,000 BELOW INVOICE. That tells me my current offer on a loaded premium of over a thousand below invoice will probably be accepted.

I would also assume these particular advertised vehicles may have had a few test drives under their belt, although I'm not sure of that. I do know that there is some law in Georgia about having to have more than one vehicle in stock at the advertised price, unless the ad specifically states there is just one. Two of the ads whose prices I quoted in my post above listed more than one stock number at that price.

But the real message here is that the beautiful, stylish new '09 Maxima is available from a growing number of dealers at prices well below invoice. That makes this car a very good buy, and makes me very happy.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I am sure you would be able to negotiate on anything these days. As SoonerGuy and dkmura suggested in their subsequent posts, these are base 'S' Maximas that had an MSRP of $29,290 and an invoice of $26,832 before the October Nissan MSRP price increase of $870 on the 'S'. So we are talking around $2,000 BELOW INVOICE. That tells me my current offer on a loaded premium of over a thousand below invoice will probably be accepted.

I would also assume these particular advertised vehicles may have had a few test drives under their belt, although I'm not sure of that. I do know that there is some law in Georgia about having to have more than one vehicle in stock at the advertised price, unless the ad specifically states there is just one. Two of the ads whose prices I quoted in my post above listed more than one stock number at that price.

But the real message here is that the beautiful, stylish new '09 Maxima is available from a growing number of dealers at prices well below invoice. That makes this car a very good buy, and makes me very happy.
Good luck on that offer and let us know how it turns out! I'm not certain that all Nissan dealers throughout the U.S. have such attractive and aggressive pricing on the A36 as you are seeing in your home state. But I'd be happy if we can replace my wife's 5th gen Maxima with a similar type of deal!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:17 AM

Not exactly. My final price is $33.4K (which includes $300 doc fee) + 7% tax, $25 title, $84 reg.

Most dealers laughed when I told them I was getting this deal. What was funny how 2 came back and said they'd match it and I said too little too late. In terms of the comment about this being a "test driven" car is why they're giving me such a good deal is not true. The car wasn't even located on the lot. It was delivered to some other dealer on 12/18 and is being driven over for me to pickup.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:10 PM

Not exactly. My final price is $33.4K (which includes $300 doc fee) + 7% tax, $25 title, $84 reg.

Most dealers laughed when I told them I was getting this deal. What was funny how 2 came back and said they'd match it and I said too little too late. In terms of the comment about this being a "test driven" car is why they're giving me such a good deal is not true. The car wasn't even located on the lot. It was delivered to some other dealer on 12/18 and is being driven over for me to pickup.
Let's assume that the doc fee is bogus; (it usually is), then your price is $2.4k under invoice. This is an amazing number! Did you have to fight for it?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm considering trading in my 05 nismo frontier for a 09 max with sport pkg for 32100. the sticker is over $35k. is this a good deal or what?..if it is how can i get them to give me more than $9k for my frontier w/only 20K miles.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by drdre8424
I'm considering trading in my 05 nismo frontier for a 09 max with sport pkg for 32100. the sticker is over $35k. is this a good deal or what?..if it is how can i get them to give me more than $9k for my frontier w/only 20K miles.
Between now and the end of the year, dealers have incentive to move as many cars as possible. I am seeking an SV+Premium. My target price will be $31k + Tax + Tags. MSRP for this configuration is $37.5k. If I don't get what I want during this period, I will wait for next year.

I was at a Nissan dealership yesterday that had 40+ Altimas on the lot. A car carrier was at the curb ready to deliver additional Altimas. Inventory is backing up in the Nissan system.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by drdre8424
Anytime you're trading in a vehicle the advantage slides over to the dealer. You'd be better off selling it yourself and using the cash to pay down your negotiated price. Trade-ins are where the dealer can make some additional money on the front-end of any deal.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM

So nobody worked an end-of-the-year, last day of the month deal for an A36? Well, it's time to roll out the '09 incentives...
Old 01-02-2009, 11:08 AM

I got one of the best prices I've seen back in September when they had 3 on the lot. I would imagine in spring with a much bigger inventory there will be better deals to be had.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by dkmura
So nobody worked an end-of-the-year, last day of the month deal for an A36? Well, it's time to roll out the '09 incentives...

The 'end of the month/year/etc' actually happens a few days into January as far as inventory taxes go. I took my beloved '04 SL to my dealer today, and after driving it and checking it out, they agreed I was correct in demanding top dollar for this cream puff. It has been an exemplary vehicle in every way.

We 'negotiated' lots of things such as free oil changes, right to buy parts at dealer cost, etc, etc. Basically, I worked down from $500 below invoice, which, in this depression, is a good deal for both the dealer and for me. In July, the dealing for this car began at $3,680 above MSRP. What a difference five months makes! Over $7,000 less!

I then reached a firm deal with Lisa (the internet manager of my dealer) at 1PM Friday, Jan 2nd. It was good to see her again. I had bought my '04 SL from her. She then dispatched a flatbed truck to Rome GA (almost a hundred miles away; there are over a dozen closer Nissan dealers, but this was the closest one that had EXACTLY the car I wanted) to ferry my new baby to her dealership, where they can have it polished and ready for our closing Monday. After leaving my dealer, I then went by my bank, took the title for my '04 out of the safe deposit box, went home, logged onto Vanguard and transferred the money for my new car to my checking account.

I have had my eye on this '09 Maxima since I watched them coming off the assembly line in Smyrna last March, then stood and looked at one for two hours at the Atlanta Auto Show the first week of April, but waited until the end of the year to work out what is a good deal for me. The 'die is cast', and Monday is the day.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM

Congrats on your new car. You may have stated in a previous post but what color and what options did you get? I still get a little giddy driving mine. What a great car.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:29 PM

congrats light! what color combo and options?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Went and looked at a 09 White with Black leather with Tech and Sport Package since I was getting a leaky tail light housing fixed on my car. Sticker was $37,900 on this particular car. My 06 SL Altima has 11 payments left on the lease and is way under miles and in great condition (I am **** like most you guys).

My buddy who is a sales manager worked some numbers for me and told me $688 on this Max with zero down, (39 month 12k/mi yr) and with the hit I am taking on the early lease turn in. So I passed on even driving it and I am going to hold onto the Alt a bit longer. I figure let Nissan worry about what the car is worth and how much they will get for it at the auction come next January, instead of me getting rocked with the negative equity now.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay? *New car shopper*