7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Help! I'm new here and have a question....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
pmh
Newbie - Just Registered

Braking question/annoyance

Hey! I have owned my 09 SV Sport/Tech package for a couple of months now. I have noticed an annoyance and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has any suggestions.

If I come to a stop quickly, applying a decent amount of brake preassure, I get a little stutter right before stopping completely. It doesn't do it if I ease into a complete stop (light break preassure until stopped). I am not going fast enough for ABS to kick in but it almost feels like it is engaging.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 09Maxima_Sam
Have you seen and downloaded the 2009 Maxima Nissan Service Manual at http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

You need to drill down to get the ones you want, but I just went and saved all 57 or so pdfs to my harddrive.
that for the information, very informative!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM

Does anyone know how to use the gracenotes for recording CD to the musicbox? I recorded my first CD to the musicbox today but it just listed tracks 1-10 of the album..

Thanks,
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I have not. And I am finicky about every speck of dust. I have a very fine, very soft duster I use every week to clean everything inside the car, and I have never seen anything but the normal fine gray dust, almost invisible to the eyes.

I try to notice every problem posted here on the ORG, and, to my knowledge, you are the first to report these white spots. I will be interested to know the cause.

Meanwhile, can you tell if these spots are also on the rear doors? Or on the seats? Are they in places where you might suspect spores or something may be coming from the AC system? Do you live in a very humid climate? Does anyone in your family have a powdered sugar fetish? Do these spots seem to be growing in place (like mold), or look like they were just deposited there, and are unchanging? Do you and a passenger stop at a Dunkin Donut shop on the way to work? Could grey powder deposits be leaking from bad batteries in a flashlight or other battery-powered device you may have placed in the car? Do you ever drive with the top open in an area where an industry might have white particles emitted from smoke stacks? You have come to the right place for mystery solving. Someone here will find the answer.
I loved some of your answers - no doughnuts... I do not see them on the seats They seem to be only on the door... and they do look like powdered sugar that has been "rubbed" in. It kind of looks like a pattern on the door as though the white spots are outlinning the inner workings of the door if that makes sense ?

Rob
Old 07-29-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tse54re
I loved some of your answers - no doughnuts... I do not see them on the seats They seem to be only on the door... and they do look like powdered sugar that has been "rubbed" in. It kind of looks like a pattern on the door as though the white spots are outlinning the inner workings of the door if that makes sense ?

Rob

This seems like it could be moisture-related. Is it only on one door? If so, then something is not right inside that door. Could the drainhole at the bottom (all doors have these) be stopped up, trapping moisture inside? I had that happen once on a '55 Pontiac Star Chief. Rusted out some parts inside the door. Or maybe the drain hole works, but something is allowing too much moisture to get inside the door on a regular basis, keeping the moisture level too high.

But those are 'stabs in the dark.' Maybe an insulating shield of some sort inside the door has been breached, or even left off during assembly. Does your AC remove the moisture from the air as it cools? Removing the moisture is as important as cooling the air. Surely someone here must have an idea?

EDIT - In rereading your original post, I see where more than one door, as well as the glove compartment area, are involved. I would look first at whether the dryer component of the AC system is working. If not, the cold moist air coming from the AC ducts would cool the surfaces involved AND deosit condensation there. Normally, the air from the AC has had most moisture removed, so this problem could not happen.

It may be that these deposits are sort of emphasized at points where the hardware inside the door is causing the door panel upholstery at contact points to be a slightly different temperature than you have inside the car.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 07-29-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by bmanbmv
Does anyone know how to use the gracenotes for recording CD to the musicbox? I recorded my first CD to the musicbox today but it just listed tracks 1-10 of the album..

Thanks,
Yes first, go to www.nissanusa.com, click on "for owners" in the upper corner, sign-up.

Second, The Cd you recorded was either too "new" or "rare" that the hard drive does not have the song info stored on it. To get it, the Info you are looking for can be found at http://www.nissanusa.com/gracenote/
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Steering wheel problem

***Final Update***

Picked up my Maxima after having the sterring whell column replaced. Car still drives well, no steering issues and the steering wheel now moves up and down again, as well as adjust when I turn the car off and open the door. The repairs were covered under the manufactures warranty and according to the invoice, it costed almost fifteen hundred dollars to do the repairs but I am happy.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Oman
***Final Update***

Picked up my Maxima after having the sterring whell column replaced. Car still drives well, no steering issues and the steering wheel now moves up and down again, as well as adjust when I turn the car off and open the door. The repairs were covered under the manufactures warranty and according to the invoice, it costed almost fifteen hundred dollars to do the repairs but I am happy.
Congrats on some resolution! Glad things worked out. I know how difficult that can be to obtain from a dealer
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM

I guess it really may depend on how **** you are. I'm so **** that not only did I change mine at 1,200 but I do it all myself because I just can't bring myself to trust whoever may be back in the lube area of my local dealership and may not care as much as I do. I've already had to get them to clean greasy fingerprints off several areas of my brand new 09' from when the techs had done the PDI on mine. Honestly though, I think you'd be just fine if you went ahead and waited on the 3,750.

As for the Ester oil. i was very curious about it myself since I'm so ****...spent about 4 hours reading tons of threads about it on this forum and others....heard different opinions as you usually do, but my personal take away from it was that it's not necessary at all. I found a thread on a UOA comparison that was done on a ton of different oil which really spells out which ones protected the best, which ones allows more engine wear etc. using very scientific and methodical methods. I ended up just going with Castrol GTX 5W-30 because it's numbers in the test were very impressive and it's cheap compared to many of the others.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Originally Posted by Xeross
I've seen so many different recommendations for oil changes after the break-in period, and I'd like some kind of confirmed answer for the 09', considering the suggested Ester oil in the owners manual.

Anyway, I've got the maintenance package, schedule 1(so my first "free" oil change is at 3750 or 3 months). Should I bring it to the dealership after the 1200 mile break-in period and have the oil changed, or just wait for my scheduled mileage?

I searched for this and found no definite answer for the 09.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by pmh
Hey! I have owned my 09 SV Sport/Tech package for a couple of months now. I have noticed an annoyance and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has any suggestions.

If I come to a stop quickly, applying a decent amount of brake preassure, I get a little stutter right before stopping completely. It doesn't do it if I ease into a complete stop (light break preassure until stopped). I am not going fast enough for ABS to kick in but it almost feels like it is engaging.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
the brakes on theses car i must say suck! i bet you the rotors are warped, like mine were
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damage to Power Steering or steering mechanism?

I took my 09' maxima in for a car wash and left to grab food without leaving the remote. Seem to have forgotten about the keyless thing. So upon returning i find that my car is over on the grass and an employee tells me he had to push my car and try and turn it with no power steering because the car was off. I think no big deal. But now my new car seems to be pulling to the right. Is it possible that trying to turn my steering wheel with power steering off could damage it in some way? I tried turning it myself from a stopped position and the thing barely budges so i can only imagine how they did it.

thanks
nick
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by nickd79
I took my 09' maxima in for a car wash and left to grab food without leaving the remote. Seem to have forgotten about the keyless thing. So upon returning i find that my car is over on the grass and an employee tells me he had to push my car and try and turn it with no power steering because the car was off. I think no big deal. But now my new car seems to be pulling to the right. Is it possible that trying to turn my steering wheel with power steering off could damage it in some way? I tried turning it myself from a stopped position and the thing barely budges so i can only imagine how they did it.

thanks
nick

It is very hard to stop a car with power brakes when the motor is off, and even harder to turn the streering wheel of a car with power steering when the motor is off, UNLESS the car is rolling. Even with the car rolling, it requires quite a bit of force to turn the steering wheel.

If the car was moving (rolling) even very slowly when the steering was being turned, there should be no problem. But if the steering was turned with the motor off with the car sitting in place on dry concrete, I could see how the tremendous force required might damage something.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 AM
TBA

My previous '01 Altima had the main belt loose tension while I was driving, knocking out the power steering. It was unbelievably difficult to turn the car at low road speed, like 10-20 MPH. I can't image trying to turn the wheel with the car stopped or at a push-only speed.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
the brakes on theses car i must say suck! i bet you the rotors are warped, like mine were
I don't think he is referring to warped rotors but I may be wrong. If like me, he is experiencing what almost appears to be brake fade. When I apply the brakes with a large amount of pressure it almost seems like the brakes aren't quite grabbing with the same amount of pressure I am applying. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 AM

Hey everyone- New to the forum and trying to get to the magic 15 post mark.. I'm picking up a Winter Frost Premium + Tech next week and am already thinking about some minor mods. Would love to get a set of the OEM 19's and probably add LED license plate lights. It's nice to see so many enthusiasts on here. I'm coming out of a Lexus and the online community is much different, as you can imagine.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by pajaha1
I'm coming out of a Lexus and the online community is much different, as you can imagine.

Lexus has an onlne community? Probably a listing of tee times for the gentlemen and tea times for the ladies. Their 'accessories' section will list whitewall tires and chrome curb feelers. The 'mod' section will list a choice of leapord spot or tiger stripe suede steering wheel covers and selected scented air freshners (lilac and gardenia probably sell best) to hang from the rear view mirror.

By the way, welcome to the ORG! We have a lot of fun here.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM

This 'back order' stuff gets worse every year. In a way, it is dishonest, because we know the assembly line has not stopped waiting on 'back order' parts. Nissan has every part needed to build dozens of Maximas every day. All parts for the Maxima should be available at several points around the country, easily accessible to dealers in the area. They just choose to have an out-of-date replacement part system that is not serving customers well. Practices like this will catch up with them at some point.
Couldn't agree more - I've been waiting for 1.5 months for a replacement for my defective right front strut. It'll be a solid 2 months by the time the part comes in (if it comes in when it's currently scheduled, which is a full month after the original date the part was scheduled to come in).

And you couldn't be more right: I doubt for a second that the assembly lines have shut down because Nissan is sitting around waiting for these struts to come in. I feel like, since I already own my Maxima, I'm at the back of the line behind all of the cars Nissan wants to put on dealer's lots until they decide it's time to fix my defective car.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:50 PM

Hey guys just wanted to say whats up and make my appearance on the the site an throw out a few questions hopefully someone could help me out with the answers... I just got a 09 Maxima Sv Spt/Tech. I am clueless of how to add music to the music box??? Also I will not be doing that many modifications to the car but the only thing I am thinking about doing is adding yellow HIDS to my fogs??? If anyone has done this or has pictures of what it would look like please feel free an post would love to see them before doing so!!!

Thanks alot
CvOnEr
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just got a new silver SV...very excited. Got a good deal probably since the 2010 models are out soon. I have a question about the break-in period....the manual says to not drive for a long period of time but what does that mean? I know they drove it about 200 miles because it was a dealer trade...is this bad? Also, what about that 4k limit? I think I hit 5k or so before I read the manual. Again, will this cause problems or should I just take it easy from now on until 1200 miles?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by willg
Just got a new silver SV...very excited. Got a good deal probably since the 2010 models are out soon. I have a question about the break-in period....the manual says to not drive for a long period of time but what does that mean? I know they drove it about 200 miles because it was a dealer trade...is this bad? Also, what about that 4k limit? I think I hit 5k or so before I read the manual. Again, will this cause problems or should I just take it easy from now on until 1200 miles?

The 'not to drive for a long period of time' is actually saying not to drive for an extended period AT THE EXACT SAME SPEED until after the car is broken in. I'm sure the speed of the car varied a bit (probably a lot) while being moved from dealer to dealer. The distance the car was moved does not enter into this situation. You have done nothing wrong here.

My car was also moved from another dealer, but was moved on the back of a flatbed truck my dealer owns. It would not have bothered me had it been driven between dealers.

As to the 4K limit Nissan recommends for the first 1200 miles, that is a very good rule to follow. But we have had lamebrains here on the ORG doing elapsed time trials and discussing redlining within the first 300 miles. Just try to stay below 4K the rest of the way to 1200, and I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by cvoner
Hey guys just wanted to say whats up and make my appearance on the the site an throw out a few questions hopefully someone could help me out with the answers... I just got a 09 Maxima Sv Spt/Tech. I am clueless of how to add music to the music box??? Also I will not be doing that many modifications to the car but the only thing I am thinking about doing is adding yellow HIDS to my fogs??? If anyone has done this or has pictures of what it would look like please feel free an post would love to see them before doing so!!!

Thanks alot
CvOnEr

When you are playing a CD, just above the 'MENU' display in the lower left corner of the screen is a little 'REC' displayed. Just push that 'REC' and the CD will be moved to the hard drive (Music Box). It will only take the system around 7 minutes to move the entire CD, so the move to the hard drive will be done before you have listened to more than a few songs on the CD. There will be a little display near the 'REC' display that begins with '1 - 12' (where 12 is the number of tracks on this CD) and gradually work up to '12 - 12', letting you know which song is currently being moved to the hard drive.

After you have loaded several albums to the Music Box, I find it easy to use the right radio **** to 'flip' through the CDs, looking for a particular album. I love this Music Box.

As for the yellow HID fogs, I have no clue. But I will guarantee you there are those here who do. We'll let them tell you.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The 'not to drive for a long period of time' is actually saying not to drive for an extended period AT THE EXACT SAME SPEED until after the car is broken in. I'm sure the speed of the car varied a bit (probably a lot) while being moved from dealer to dealer. The distance the car was moved does not enter into this situation. You have done nothing wrong here.

My car was also moved from another dealer, but was moved on the back of a flatbed truck my dealer owns. It would not have bothered me had it been driven between dealers.

As to the 4K limit Nissan recommends for the first 1200 miles, that is a very good rule to follow. But we have had lamebrains here on the ORG doing elapsed time trials and discussing redlining within the first 300 miles. Just try to stay below 4K the rest of the way to 1200, and I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.

thanks for the info. I had a feeling it would be alright, and I am definitely keeping it under 4k and haven't opened the throttle up all the way---just went to about 5k driving to work a bit passing a truck(can't speak for any test drivers), but I will treat it extra nice for the first 1200 miles. I hope this thing lasts me 120k+ miles without too much trouble and I wouldn't want a bad break in to be a problem.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:49 PM

When you are playing a CD, just above the 'MENU' display in the lower left corner of the screen is a little 'REC' displayed. Just push that 'REC' and the CD will be moved to the hard drive (Music Box). It will only take the system around 7 minutes to move the entire CD, so the move to the hard drive will be done before you have listened to more than a few songs on the CD. There will be a little display near the 'REC' display that begins with '1 - 12' (where 12 is the number of tracks on this CD) and gradually work up to '12 - 12', letting you know which song is currently being moved to the hard drive.

After you have loaded several albums to the Music Box, I find it easy to use the right radio **** to 'flip' through the CDs, looking for a particular album. I love this Music Box.

As for the yellow HID fogs, I have no clue. But I will guarantee you there are those here who do. We'll let them tell you.
Thanks I appreciate it very much... Hopefully someone will post some pictures so I can see how the car looks with yellow HID fog lights because I do not want to put super white ones an they would not match the regular lights. Imma try out the music box when I do get out of work.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 AM

Thanks alot
CvOnEr
Here is some info for you, in case you have a CD that is not in the Gracenote database on the MusicBox.

http://www.nissanusa.com/gracenote/

Also checkout this link as well.
http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/techpubs
Old 08-16-2009, 07:59 AM

Hey another question... so my friend is trying to push me into getting my tail lights tinted he wanted me to get them tinted when I was getting my windows tinted the other day... I cannot seem to find any one whom has had there tail lights tinted with the clar part cut out. I did on the other hand see tail lights tinted in my area but didnt really like them due to the fact that the clear piece on the tail lights were covered. I guess what I am trying to say is if any one has pictures of there tail lights tinted with the clear cut out post please!!! =]~

Thanks CvOnEr
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM

Thanks I appreciate it very much... Hopefully someone will post some pictures so I can see how the car looks with yellow HID fog lights because I do not want to put super white ones an they would not match the regular lights. Imma try out the music box when I do get out of work.
check out this forum page:
http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...-lights-2.html
Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by bmanbmv
Thanks I appreciate it very much found that!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Some Newbie Questions...

Hey Everyone,
I am new to the world of Maxima Ownership, and have ran into a few issues I'm trying to seek assistance with.... I have searched the forums, but am a bit lost in answers. Any help would be great!!

1. Has anyone been able to successfully look into modifying the orange interior lighting to another color?

2. My car was demo'd by the GM, and after cleaning the car I noticed that there are several scratches on the wood/trim near the shift console....Anyone know a sure fire way of buffing the scratches on the wood?

3. I am considering going with a diamond gloss from Ziebart, which seems to be a decent way to protect as well as, keep the super black looking super... Anyone have experience in doing this??

4. When using the iPod connection, with as many artists on my ipod, is there a quick way to scroll from an "A" arist (Aerosmith) to a "Z" named or artist....It takes forever to scroll from the steering or nav system.?? Anything I am missing here?

That's it for now, im sure there will be more!! (I did figure out how to program the Homelink for the garage tho)

thanks everyone!!

Coroner

2009 Nissan Maxima SV SuperBlack/Charcoal - Premium/Tech Pack
Old 08-17-2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by coroner71
When using the iPod connection, with as many artists on my ipod, is there a quick way to scroll from an "A" arist (Aerosmith) to a "Z" named or artist....It takes forever to scroll from the steering or nav system.?? Anything I am missing here?

Have you tried using the rightmost radio ****? That is the quickest way to skim thru the CD albums/artists stored on the Music Box, but I don't know if that will also work with your IPOD.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 AM

Lexus has an onlne community? Probably a listing of tee times for the gentlemen and tea times for the ladies. Their 'accessories' section will list whitewall tires and chrome curb feelers. The 'mod' section will list a choice of leapord spot or tiger stripe suede steering wheel covers and selected scented air freshners (lilac and gardenia probably sell best) to hang from the rear view mirror.

By the way, welcome to the ORG! We have a lot of fun here.
Haha you are right about that! I guess I didn't really fit the demo but I enjoyed a few years of smooth highway driving. Picking up the Max on Thursday- can't wait to beat on it off red lights on day 1 Just kidding..
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Off topic: gas cap issues

Since I'm still new apparently I can't yet start a new topic, so I'm going to hijack and if someone wants to move this out then great.

Here's my situation:
1. Check engine light at 800 miles - dealership says general emissions code, nothing they can do.
2. Check engine light at 2000 miles - dealer says gap cap loose.
3. Check engine light at 2200 miles (2 days after the last shop visit). I fill up, drive 150 miles on the interstate, stop to eat, pull out and 5 minutes later, light is on. Go to dealer Monday and they say, gas cap loose again. Since they can't make the gas cap come loose in the shop, they cannot verify faulty part and therefore no warranty coverage.
4. Call Nissan to complain, talk to regional rep (WI), she says same thing. I ask for options, she says unless the dealership can verify somehow, Nissan won't cover.

So, I'm stuck with a gas cap that keeps coming loose, a dealership that can't come up with a way to verify it in the shop, and Nissan not caring.

What should I do, I'm tired of the Check engine light coming on and no longer trust it!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by traderumors
Since I'm still new apparently I can't yet start a new topic, so I'm going to hijack and if someone wants to move this out then great.

Here's my situation:
1. Check engine light at 800 miles - dealership says general emissions code, nothing they can do.
3. Check engine light at 2200 miles (2 days after the last shop visit). I fill up, drive 150 miles on the interstate, stop to eat, pull out and 5 minutes later, light is on. Go to dealer Monday and they say, gas cap loose again. Since they can't make the gas cap come loose in the shop, they cannot verify faulty part and therefore no warranty coverage.
4. Call Nissan to complain, talk to regional rep (WI), she says same thing. I ask for options, she says unless the dealership can verify somehow, Nissan won't cover.

So, I'm stuck with a gas cap that keeps coming loose, a dealership that can't come up with a way to verify it in the shop, and Nissan not caring.

What should I do, I'm tired of the Check engine light coming on and no longer trust it!
I should add that thanks to this site I knew the cap was sensitive so I always turn it 3-5 clicks to ensure it is on tight to start with.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

how much is a new gas cap if you were to just buy it? If its under $30 or so, then I would just try it out
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM

Here's my situation:

Have them replace the gas cap, exact same thing happened to me. Temporarily I tightened the cap really tight until they replaced it.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 AM

I wanted them to replace it and they said since they can't make it loosen in the shop, they can't "prove" the cap is faulty. Now how the heck they think it will go loose sitting on a hoist with the engine off is beyond me.

So, how did you get them to replace yours, or is your dealership just better than mine.

FYI, I would go buy a new one but out of principle I feel Nissan should fix this $20 part on a $35K car when it is 2 months old.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Here's my situation:

Maybe ask the dealer for a different gas cap and that way if it still happens you eliminated that demon.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 AM

I wanted them to replace it and they said since they can't make it loosen in the shop, they can't "prove" the cap is faulty. Now how the heck they think it will go loose sitting on a hoist with the engine off is beyond me.

So, how did you get them to replace yours, or is your dealership just better than mine.

FYI, I would go buy a new one but out of principle I feel Nissan should fix this $20 part on a $35K car when it is 2 months old.
I can't recall if you have mentioned this already but maybe just try another dealer. The dealer that I bought my Max from has a horrible service department. I will be going to another one for anything else.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by willg
Do you have any extended warranty on your car ("gold preferred" I think its called)? They told me that I get preferred service with it at any dealer. If you have it, I would use that as leverage
No I don't have any extended warranty and I assure you, the dealer could not care if I have diamond platinum warranty. They don't get the same amount of money from in-warranty repair vs out-warranty repair and that's the bottom line here.

We do have a few Nissan dealers around the area, but it so happens that I found the one that suits me and treats me right Executive Nissan in North Haven, CT. The problem is, I have to take a day off work each time my car is in the shop.

As far as this asinine Mario D'Addario Nissan in Shelton CT, I will never have them touch my car, nor will I ever have any business with them. I guess what I was looking for is for Nissan Corporate to step in and do whats right. They showed their face via Owen dude, and it was not pretty.

I did not write the last chapter in this saga yet....to be continued.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM

Here's my situation:

'Nothing they can do?' I would have suggested to them that you bought their flagship in good faith, that this is a new car, and either they fix this problem under warranty, or you want an '09 Maxima from them that is trouble-free. If they even hesitated before answering, I would be on the phone to Nissan, telling them their dealer could/would not fix the problem, and you would like to invoke the lemon law. If you still got no help after three trips to the dealer, file the lemon law papers and get a car you can trust.

Boy, am I glad I don't have to deal with that dealer! If I brought this problem to my dealer, he would tighten the cap, reset the code (check engine light), and tell me to bring it back if the light comes on again. If it came on again, he would replace the gas tank cap without even asking, and reset the light again. If that didn't work, he would have his service techs go over the entire system until they found the problem. And he would be apologizing all the way. Charges? All charged to Nissan.

There is NO WAY you should be having to endure this total lack of service.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM

The first time I came in they stated it was a loose cap, I drove to California for the Stillen meet and the next day when I started the car in the Hotel parking lot the CEL came on. I called the dealer on Monday, told them and he said ok I'll order a new gas cap and call you when it comes in. They called me a couple days later and it was installed. Your dealer is an a$$ you should speak to the service manager this is ridiculous for a $20 gas cap.

Quick Reply: Help! I'm new here and have a question....