7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxima pricing differs

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by NCSUpilot
I was going to buy an SV+Prem+Spoiler+Floor mat+splash guards this weekend for $32k + TTL = $33.5k out the door but it got sold before I could get there . I guess the hunt continues....

WOW, thats a very good price. I'm still looking around without anyluck.

Here in NYC it is very hard since they know we love Maxima's.

SV + Prem + Tech + Spoiler

Round 1

Koeppel Nissan

MSRP: $39905

Invoice $36000 + ttl = walked away crying

Round 2

NEMET MOTORS

Salesman The Maxima has been selling well equals. Full MSRP.

Round 3

Summer ..

Still looking and waiting maybe summer will bring me my new max.

P.D.: BTW the test drive SV + Premium = I'm in love with the CVT FORGET ABOUT MANUAL THING.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 PM

Well, come to Jersey (Route 22 Nissan). They gave me $33,900 on a SV Sport with Tech, which is well below invoice.

I bought a Premium with Tech though for a little more.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by MaxMus
Well, come to Jersey (Route 22 Nissan). They gave me $33,900 on a SV Sport with Tech, which is well below invoice.

I bought a Premium with Tech though for a little more.

MaxMus, I've consider that idea as well, but I will wait until summer. They should do something better around here.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:09 PM

prices are so different everywhere you go...I know it's a bit off topic but have any Maxima owners just asked what the 370Z prices are looking like at this point? Is it all MSRP?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by CT Maxima
Hello Light. Glad to see you're in an '09 Maxima. I find it ironic that your heated seats work perfectly....and you live in Hotlanta!

No dealer will lose money on a deal. But incredible deals are being made. I read about them first on this Forum and then got one myself. Nissan has an interest in selling cars in a way that keeps their dealers in business. One can deduce that Nissan has special factory-to-dealer rebates that underpins all the great deals. But it also seems that this "hidden rebate" is regionalized and varies with time.

My deal was well under invoice. Here are the numbers (all in '000):

List Price: $37.5
Invoice: $34.4
Deal before TTL: $32.7 (before trade-in)

I traded in a 1990 Maxima with 140,000 miles for $1,500. This amount was close to what I could have received as a private seller. Typically, dealers only give $500. for a car that this age. It is doubtful that the dealer gained any significant profit from the trade in portion of the deal.

That is a better deal that I was able to get. In fact, that is a great deal, with your dealer obviously getting some help from Nissan. I am glad to see Dakota Kid making very good progress on what may be an excellent deal. Now if we can get decent deals for Yaco_Max and dkmura, we will be left with catching the next SV+Prem+spoiler+floor mats +splash guards that arrives at NCSUPilot's dealer before someone grabs it away from him.

It is really weird that, based on dealer and area of the country, folks are being quoted prices that are up to SIX THOUSAND bucks different on the same vehicle. A trace of insanity there.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 AM

That is a huge price range! I considered flying to another state to buy mine, but decided to offer my local dealer to match to save the hassle.

Six thousand dollars would buy a lot of road food for the trip home.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:48 AM

Well, some good news came when I called another local dealer. Boulder Nissan is about 35 miles away from my home, but the owner was great to talk to. Went over MSRP, invoice, current incentives and models available. In the NW region, dealers selling 4+ Maximas in March will get a $1K bonus per vehicle! Unfortunately, he still couldn't get to the prices listed here on a Premium SV w/tech. But his positive attitude has convinced me that I've found the right dealer to work with when the time comes.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by dkmura
Well, some good news came when I called another local dealer. Boulder Nissan is about 35 miles away from my home, but the owner was great to talk to. Went over MSRP, invoice, current incentives and models available. In the NW region, dealers selling 4+ Maximas in March will get a $1K bonus per vehicle! Unfortunately, he still couldn't get to the prices listed here on a Premium SV w/tech. But his positive attitude has convinced me that I've found the right dealer to work with when the time comes.

Things are looking up. A good attitude on the part of the dealer goes a long way with me. I even put a long-term rapport with my dealer above saving that last little one or two hundred bucks. One never knows when a good working relationship with the dealer can help when problems crop up.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:07 PM

I think I got one of the best deals on the forum...this back in Sept 08 when they were still fresh to the lots...32k + TTL for a SV + Sport+Splash+Mats etc.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 AM

Success! Went to another dealer and told them the other offer - salesman came back and said let's do it! No haggling or going back and forth. No trade-in or anything funny...just the car.

SV+Prem+Spoiler+Floor mat+splash guards
Black with Cafe

MSRP - $37300 + couple hundred for spoiler = ~$37600
Invoice - $34052 + Spoiler

Price I paid for car - $32070
Out-the-door - $33550

Come down to Southern States Nissan of Apex in NC and get a great deal!!

Last edited by NCSUpilot; 03-09-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Success! Went to another dealer and told them the other offer - salesman came back and said let's do it! No haggling or going back and forth. No trade-in or anything funny...just the car.

Black with Cafe

Out-the-door - $33550

Congrats! What did the OTD price include?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 AM

Thanks! Hopefully Ill be able to pick it up tomorrow or Wed at the latest!

OTD was standard stuff - Car + Tax, Tag, Lic
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM

Black with Cafe

Out-the-door - $33550

Very good price! Happy to see my wolfpack friend get an excellent deal. Now you should have a much happier spring!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:42 PM

Thanks! Hopefully Ill be able to pick it up tomorrow or Wed at the latest!

OTD was standard stuff - Car + Tax, Tag, Lic
Good job!

Now hurry and get 1,000 miles under your belt. You can't drive it hard until then. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:24 AM

Yea...tell me about it! I have been trying to control my foot and not redline it at all, very tough to do. They had to do a dealer transfer - it initially had 21 miles then had 97 when it got to me.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Interesting news on the incentive front. As of March '09, Infiniti has a total of $2500 on the G37X sedan, while Maxima has $500 in factory-to-dealer cash. Looking at the invoice pricing, I find both cars (comparably equipped) within a few hundred dollars of each other. Nissan North America is clearly looking to move some G37s at this point.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Interesting news on the incentive front. As of March '09, Infiniti has a total of $2500 on the G37X sedan, while Maxima has $500 in factory-to-dealer cash. Looking at the invoice pricing, I find both cars (comparably equipped) within a few hundred dollars of each other. Nissan North America is clearly looking to move some G37s at this point.

A little strange, I would say. On the other hand, maybe Maxima sales are sort of trudging along halfway decently, while Infiniti is stuck in the mud in this new era of austerity.

Another possibility is that Nissan thinks the new Maxima styling is edgy enough to draw some sales, while the G37, clean and conservative in styling, has nothing edgy to catch the eye.

Maybe these Nissan incentives will change within the next month or so.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:00 PM

Light- strange indeed! One thing we aren't privvy to is the 30-day supply of models in the pipeline. I suspect that Nissan North America can tailor that pretty carefully with domestically produced products like the Max. What doesn't make sense is that no matter what the supply of G37s is, the cost to import them must be astronomical. The yen-to-dollar exchange rate continues to plague all Japanese imports. The mitigating factor may be that the G37 is Infiniti's bread-and-butter car. With sales down over 33% last month alone, they must be eager to move some metal...
Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 PM

Light- I suspect that Nissan North America can tailor that pretty carefully with domestically produced products like the Max. What doesn't make sense is that no matter what the supply of G37s is, the cost to import them must be astronomical. The yen-to-dollar exchange rate continues to plague all Japanese imports. The mitigating factor may be that the G37 is Infiniti's bread-and-butter car. With sales down over 33% last month alone, they must be eager to move some metal...

I would hate to think Nissan-North America might have been unduly influenced by Nissan-World Headquarters in Japan, but the reality is that Japan has been in a severe economic situation for how long now? Eight years? It might be that, at this time, the need to sell Nissans made in Japan is even greater than the need to sell Nissans made in the U.S.

Of course the markup on the G37 is probably a little more than on the Maxima, which gives a little more room for dealer rebates, etc. I do know the Smyrna assembly line shut down the overnight shift two months ago, which enables Nissan to cut way back on the total number of vehicles assembled in the U.S.

But still, the disparity in dealer rebates you found between the Maxima and the G37 is startlingly massive.