7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In-Cabin Microfilter Location

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 AM

got mine from Amazon FRAM CF11173 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter for $12.26.
Amazon.com: FRAM CF11173 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter: Automotive Amazon.com: FRAM CF11173 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

They have a coupon plus checkout with S&S which can be cancelled anytime.

Autozone has this same filter online for $41.99
http://www.autozone.com/filters-and-...43227_0_18709/
Old 05-19-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by EndoT800
got mine from Amazon FRAM CF11173 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter for $12.26.
Amazon.com: FRAM CF11173 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

They have a coupon plus checkout with S&S which can be cancelled anytime.

Autozone has this same filter online for $41.99
http://www.autozone.com/filters-and-...43227_0_18709/
Ordered mine the other day on Amazon while it was out of stock. Came back in stock on Sunday, and it is currently out for delivery. +1 for free 2-day shipping through Amazon Prime.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 AM

I just replaced the cabin filter for the first time about two weeks ago because I did not want to pay the $63 Nissan wanted to replace it. I used a website called www.carcarekiosk.com which provided me with a great tutorial on how to change it. It has tutorials for many cars on the site. I bought a $14.49 Purolator One Cabin filter from Advance Auto Parts. It was a kind of a PITA, but nothing too crazy. I'm glad I tried it though.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by capri66
..... Next time around im going to try the Fram filter with the charcoal to see if there is a difference.....
I tried the Fram this time around and the charcoal made it so stiff that it was very difficult to insert and remove. In fact after I put it in, it would not expand in the slot. I started to worry that over a year replacement cycle that it may eventually get stuck in the slot, so I decided to remove it immediately and replaced it with the STP filter.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:34 AM

Changed mine with the Stp. Took 5 min. Only pia was the door cover. A Pia to get back in place
Old 05-22-2015, 06:12 PM

I just changed mine again. useing a wix from O"reillys.. worked just as good as the nissan one. They have it listed, dont remember the p/n they have it.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:42 PM

I have to say I am super pissed right now because this is so effin easy to do but this time I cannot get to this damn thing. In my effort to push the filter to bunch it up so i could remove, I basically somehow managed t get the filter ridge you would need to pull on to get it out BEHIND the damn edge of the door's housing. Now i cannot get to the edge to actually pull on the filter itself. Its as if the length of the filter extends beyond the effin door opening. Now this is a simple job but I have man hands as it is. More importantly you cannot even get up in there far enough to get any type of probing object to push the filter back toward being flush with the opening. Steamin right now to put it mildly.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Asav
I have to say I am super pissed right now because this is so effin easy to do but this time I cannot get to this damn thing. In my effort to push the filter to bunch it up so i could remove, I basically somehow managed t get the filter ridge you would need to pull on to get it out BEHIND the damn edge of the door's housing. Now i cannot get to the edge to actually pull on the filter itself. Its as if the length of the filter extends beyond the effin door opening. Now this is a simple job but I have man hands as it is. More importantly you cannot even get up in there far enough to get any type of probing object to push the filter back toward being flush with the opening. Steamin right now to put it mildly.
The filter is actually wider and taller than the door opening, thus the need to bunch it up. The old filter isn't going to come out cleanly with the way the door was made; very dumb design from Nissan. However, you can take a clothes hanger and fish it out using the hook or use one end to try and grab it out with your hands. You'll want to pull from the top downwards the center and then yank one corner out and grab the rest.

I also bought the activated charcoal filter that someone recommended, and I wouldn't recommend it again. This filter is much thicker and does not want to bend as easy as the paper ones, so it was difficult to ensure that it went in correctly and expanded fully in the housing.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:39 PM

thanks bro! This worked like a charm. The charcoal filters are way too rigid for me. I learned that lesson before. These are those times when you wish you had some long necked needle nose pliers. I will add that to my tool arsenal tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:11 PM

So this is my second time around changing the cabin filter.... This time around it took me too long to replace the door. If you are having trouble replacing the door make sure the top of the cabin filter is in deep. It was flush in but I had to stick my finger in there to get the filter in deeper so the top of the door would clip on.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:05 AM

Cabin air filter cover opening - photo

This is why it can be VERY difficult to get the cover back on.

This may be the first photo I have posted in this forum. Hopefully it loads and is clear.
When trying to get the cabin air filter cover back on, having taken the glove box out or not, you could face one of those tasks that will have you cursing like a long shoreman. And, you may never get the cover back on properly, which means you will be losing plenty of HVAC air flow right out of the opening.

I'm guessing techs at the dealership have the same issue. I would not be surprised if many covers are not re-installed properly.

Here's what I have found: When the car is being assembled, the cover is snapped onto the housing BEFORE being assembled into the car. When assembled into the car, the housing is pushed tight up against some other plumbing or firewall stuff (see photo), which prevents the cover from being reattached. There's a bulge on the other wall also, which makes re-installion of the cover almost impossible.

Using a fiber wheel, I ground a lead/removed material, the length of the cover which butts up against that bulging wall. On my knees, just by sense of feel and the photos I took, I snapped the cover RIGHT in!!

If you've been faced with this issue before, let me know what you think.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:06 AM

Good input my friend.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by zoemayne
So this is my second time around changing the cabin filter.... This time around it took me too long to replace the door. If you are having trouble replacing the door make sure the top of the cabin filter is in deep. It was flush in but I had to stick my finger in there to get the filter in deeper so the top of the door would clip on.
Very good input. In the photo I posted, you can see that the top part of the filter isn't all the way in, and it's blocking the area that the top of the cover fits into.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 AM

Get one of the larger pick sets from harbor freight for a couple bucks and you can pull it right out. Some of the doors have a Philips head screwdriver holding them on but most don't. You can just put your finger through the round loop and rip it off if you don't have the screw.