7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

My Valentine One Radar!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by slava2006
They should have like a mini map in the nav screen showing red dots for were the cops are... like NFS.....
or in gta... when you go outside of the cop zone for more than 15 secs you're scott free! lol
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by carsnwomen91
or in gta... when you go outside of the cop zone for more than 15 secs you're scott free! lol

and then you just drive away like nothing happened
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Missouri-Max
Makc.... this is what I tried to explain to everyone in my very FIRST post that everyone decided to pull apart and ignore. Technology today allows all new radars (both Laser and In-car Ka band radars) to be "paused". This allows the radar to be ready to transmit a signal and obtain speeds at the push of a button or pull of a trigger. By pausing the signal, your radar will not detect anything because there is no signal to detect. Once the Officer transmits a signal, your speed is obtained and your radar detector will go off...... but it will be too late at that point to slow down AND when the officer observes his radar jump from 70 down to 55, he will know your using a radar detector.

If your looking at purchasing a detector for passive reasons (know when your coming up on an accident, known speed areas, out of town etc), go buy a cheap wal-mart unit and call it good. The best, most expensive radar detector will NOT save you if an Officer is doing what he's been trained to do.

Horosho ti prav, but it still helps tho I mean not every single time like 70 out of 100%. It's ok not a big deal. Today for some reason I picked up all of them... weird really weird!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Makc1kNYC
For the past few day's I have been driving to work and back home. Everytime I passed a Highway Patrol (he was on the other side) or he would be standing on my side of the highway and my radar did not go off I have this problem since I got the V1 thought it would be all good I programed it and it has the latest version. Also, today when I went to work earl AM I made a fast turn switching from express left lane to right lane and there was an SUV infront in the middle lane as soon as I switched to right lane I seen the Highway Patrol aiming at me with the laser gun and then my radar went off... WTF! it was too late. I'm also packing 3% tints all around and 20% on the windshield I don't think that's the problem I don't have those bronze or red looking tints I have normal tints not any metallic and The radar is below the factory tint on the windshield!

Anyone can tell me what's going on?
You were hit with LIDAR (laser).

The difference with LIDAR and RADAR can be summed up with the following analogy: RADAR is like taking a bucket of tennis ***** and throwing them out at once where they will hit a number of targets. Some of the ***** will hit the closest target which report in the strongest target signal on the radar, some will hit the fastest car, and show up in the fastest target signal, while other ***** will hit many other cars that aren't reported, and one will hit you way before it cn return to the radar unit, so you can slow down and not get a ticket. Laser is taking one ball, and aiming it just at you. As soon as it hits you ( actually just takes 1/3 of a second) your speed is recorded.

You need laser jammers.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by KeepRightPassLeft
You were hit with LIDAR (laser).

The difference with LIDAR and RADAR can be summed up with the following analogy: RADAR is like taking a bucket of tennis ***** and throwing them out at once where they will hit a number of targets. Some of the ***** will hit the closest target which report in the strongest target signal on the radar, some will hit the fastest car, and show up in the fastest target signal, while other ***** will hit many other cars that aren't reported, and one will hit you way before it cn return to the radar unit, so you can slow down and not get a ticket. Laser is taking one ball, and aiming it just at you. As soon as it hits you ( actually just takes 1/3 of a second) your speed is recorded.

You need laser jammers.
Pretty much, and some have a hold button even when they are using the radar like if they are parked they can just press hold till your car is near then release it and then your radar will go off, happened to me twice but was obeying the law....
Old 06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Red face

Originally Posted by Makc1kNYC
Horosho ti prav, but it still helps tho I mean not every single time like 70 out of 100%. It's ok not a big deal. Today for some reason I picked up all of them... weird really weird!
Yep the V1's a nice detector. Do a google on radar Roy for more info.

Rock/Redline
Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Rockblue
Yep the V1's a nice detector. Do a google on radar Roy for more info.

Rock/Redline

Don't google radar roy. He only recommends radar detectors he sells.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Don't google radar roy. He only recommends radar detectors he sells.
Ok then what detector you want to see tested? It's just a reference guide for users. I tested detectors back before they were superheterodyne.

Rock
Redline
Old 07-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok then what detector you want to see tested? It's just a reference guide for users. I tested detectors back before they were superheterodyne.

Rock
Redline

Try radardetectorforum.org I think ou would llke it there.

I run a Bel STiR+, V1 and a Redline to run LIVE. Once they ship LIVE for the STiR+, I will sell the Redline.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Try radardetectorforum.org I think ou would llke it there.

I run a Bel STiR+, V1 and a Redline to run LIVE. Once they ship LIVE for the STiR+, I will sell the Redline.
What feature from live do you want in the STiR+ (BTW nice choice of detectors)?

Rock
Redline
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 AM

"pausing" the radar signal is old technology. It's been around since K-band Radar was first introduced to law enforcement in the late 70's. It is not used in several States because of Court rulings dealing with self calibration, target acquisition, Judges who don't like instant on and other reasons with pausing the signal.
A good Radar detector in the hands of an experienced driver will save you countless tickets.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nizzan
"pausing" the radar signal is old technology. It's been around since K-band Radar was first introduced to law enforcement in the late 70's. It is not used in several States because of Court rulings dealing with self calibration, target acquisition, Judges who don't like instant on and other reasons with pausing the signal.
A good Radar detector in the hands of an experienced driver will save you countless tickets.
Great point.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What feature from live do you want in the STiR+ (BTW nice choice of detectors)?

Rock
Redline
The LIVE alerts are what I am interested in. Unfortunately, I haven't seen many of them yet.