7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

How to change the bulbs in side view mirror turning signal

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by mjhuffer
Yes these part numbers are the entire led/lens assembly. Like others have said in the thread, it's not a terrible idea to bake apart the new units, clean out the OEM adhesive, and use a good quality silicon sealant to adhere them back together.
True, if your LEDs havent burnt out yet, you could always bake open the ones you have now and seal with a better silicone.

The units i ordered off of amazon I couldn't even bake open, it's like they are sealed with some kind of permaseal.

I had to cut them open to retrofit them.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

For those of us out of warranty you don't have to buy a whole new mirror. Simply pop off the cover and mirror and unscrew the unit. It will unplug from the back of the lens. The turn signals from the 07-12 Altima are the exact same thing and they sell the part individually. It will not be listed under 09-13 Maxima but here are the part numbers. I went through thick and thin to figure this out.

NISSAN 26442ZX50A - Passenger side
NISSAN 26443ZX50A - Drivers side
Ok I have the driver side part and it looks correct. Any idea or pics on how to go about the install? I tried youtube, but no luck with my particular Altima. I have a 2010 Altima 2.5S. Thanks for all the help with this. It is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:55 AM

http://www.vqpower.com/v3/content/ch...r-blinker-leds

FYI write-up on how to disconnect LED strip from side mirror without taking off mirror assembly
Old 03-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Turn signals not working

Originally Posted by dmcmahan12
Dealership ordered 2 new mirror assemblies and will replace them both when they come in this week at no cost to me. Man I am glad I have a warranty.
I just recently bought a 2011 Nissan Maxima and didn't realized that both of the integrated turn signals weren't working. The car has 55,180 miles to be exact. Does anyone know how much it will cost to fix these or if it's still under warranty? I know the basic warranty is expired. Any suggestions will be greatly appreicated.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by cris
I just recently bought a 2011 Nissan Maxima and didn't realized that both of the integrated turn signals weren't working. The car has 55,180 miles to be exact. Does anyone know how much it will cost to fix these or if it's still under warranty? I know the basic warranty is expired. Any suggestions will be greatly appreicated.
Since you recently bought the car did the dealership offer a short 30-90 day warranty for their used cars?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Richard66
Since you recently bought the car did the dealership offer a short 30-90 day warranty for their used cars?

No, they actually didn't offer any warranty. Only the remaining manufacturer warranty
Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by cris
No, they actually didn't offer any warranty. Only the remaining manufacturer warranty
I would take it back and demand they replace them if its within 30 days.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

LED turn signal lights on both side mirrors do not work

This information may help a lot of people. Called dealership and they wanted 100 dollars to troubleshoot. Said it could be fuse. Went to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and guy who worked there checked all fuses in driver's compartment and under hood. All were fine. Then he looked at my manual and for some reason went to the inside rearview mirror information. I have a compass on mine. Anyway, I pushed some of the buttons and viola!! the turn signal lights on the side mirrors work and look fabulous!!
Old 05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just wanted to add to the pool of information regarding this issue… sorry for the long read!
I have a 2011 Maxima and my side mirrors are exhibiting the same issues (one side has 1 of 4 LEDs working, the other side has 2 of 4). I was about to order the parts listed in the prior postings, but decided to first take apart the mirror and see if I can find anything else.

Upon taking apart the mirrors (thanks to the posted guide that is spot on and fairly straight forward to do) the LED lens housing just fell right off – validating that the original adhesive used to seal the lens and the LED housing is quite poor. I did find on the back side of the LED housing a part number sticker which I recorded.

I searched these part numbers on the web and to my surprise found the right side LED lens assembly for $9 on eBay! NEW!! I just ordered it and will report back after install. Looks legit, here it is…. http://r.ebay.com/uLq16f
However I have been unsuccessful with finding the left side. I have already asked the eBay seller if they can get the left side for me. In addition, I found a distributor for these parts but they did not have either in stock, nor a price listed. I have asked them for a quote. I’ll let you know what I get back.

The manufacturer is Dialight and here are the part numbers:
Right side: 390-01AA-801
Left side: 390-01AA-802

Hopefully this helps and we can find the left side as well. Then we will have a cheap and easy solution to this notorious issue! Cheers!
Old 12-24-2015, 03:16 PM
dc8

Interesting discovery. The ebay item looks like a brown/tan plastic housing while the Nissan version looks gray. Don't know how much of this housing is visible but otherwise looks exactly the same including labels/stickers on the backside. Likewise, I couldn't find a left one. Just now experiencing the condensation problem and fortunately still under warranty for a few more months. I'll be visiting the dealer after Xmas.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:15 PM

In the interest of science, I have ordered the 390-01AA-801 from ebay and will see how it fits, the picture shows a clear plastic housing trim, not the brown of the other posting above.

For the price, the risk is worth it.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 AM

I am pleased to report that these lights from ebay:

Dialight 390-01AA-801 Amber RH Right Mirror Turn Signal 1408300 *FREE SHIPPING*

These are exactly what was originally installed on my 2013 Maxima SV. The OEM part showed the same Dialight part number ! No reason to pay more, get these from the bay.

The installation was not so straightforward, the 2013 Maxima requires that you remove the glass mirror (pull from bottom!) and also remove all the screws that hold the mirror adjustment mechanism to the mirror. The clips that hold the painted cap are really hard to access unless you take all the screws out of the mirror adjustment device.

1 hour later, it was all done and the new LED blinker colour matched perfectly to the driver side blinker.

Last edited by KGMtech; 05-12-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

have anybody found the left side yet ? Left side: 390-01AA-802
Old 08-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just ordered my replacement right side LED turn signal from topbizbuys.com. I hope it will fit without any modifications
Old 08-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mirror turn signal light

Both of my lights are flaky, most of the time they don't work. There's a youtube video, where a guy shows an altima repair, but the video is real short. It bugs me that my turn signals don't work, but I really don't want to scrape or break my mirrors trying to replace the lights. The mirrors I have are heated and have the auto dim.

And as many people have mentioned, the dealer wants to sell the entire mirror for $550 each. I'm not going for that.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:08 PM

The right side light unit from Topbizbuys was a perfect fit, identical to original unit. I'd love to be able to get the left side bulb as a spare, but this place doesn't have them (
Old 08-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by KGMtech
The right side light unit from Topbizbuys was a perfect fit, identical to original unit. I'd love to be able to get the left side bulb as a spare, but this place doesn't have them (
Exactly! The only thing I noticed was it's not Nissan quality, as the corner of the mirror on the inside wasn't flush with the edge of the lens. Has anyone found the driver side unit? I want to get one as a spare as well.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 12MaxxMan
Exactly! The only thing I noticed was it's not Nissan quality, as the corner of the mirror on the inside wasn't flush with the edge of the lens. Has anyone found the driver side unit? I want to get one as a spare as well.
Nissan Quality? I have had other cars with the same feature, that never had the problem. I would have to say the lack of quality testing is the reason, so many of us have this problem in the first place. LEDs should last the life of the car, so why is it the supplier built a mirror that has such an issue with this?
Old 08-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by petergibbons
Nissan Quality? I have had other cars with the same feature, that never had the problem. I would have to say the lack of quality testing is the reason, so many of us have this problem in the first place. LEDs should last the life of the car, so why is it the supplier built a mirror that has such an issue with this?
That's a great question. It most likely has something to do with saving money. Every business will find the cheapest way to do something to turn the most profit.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 PM

Yes these part numbers are the entire led/lens assembly. Like others have said in the thread, it's not a terrible idea to bake apart the new units, clean out the OEM adhesive, and use a good quality silicon sealant to adhere them back together.
Im confused, we have to bake these to replace or we should bake the actual leds? Anyone did a video of the whole process? If I order these, can I just pop it out and exchange with the new one (based on that part number)? And how long does that process take. Also, since Im already doing the work to replace them - is there a better product out there? Even if it is slightly a different color, I would replace both sides... Thanks in advance.