7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP on Subwoofer wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Question HELP on Subwoofer wiring

I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima SV with the technology package. because of the technology package, I cant(wont) get a new deck, but want to hook up my 2 12 inch pioneer subs. so, I purchased a Line output converter, but am not sure how to hook it up exactly. can I wire it in with the different speaker wires behind the stock deck?
Old 03-21-2014, 11:51 AM

The amp is in the trunk sitting in the middle underneath the rear two speakers, since you have the SV tech package, I guess that's a guarantee that you have the Bose system.

On the amp there is a plug that has all the speaker input wires, I'm not sure if they're a low level signal (RCA) or a high level signal (speaker wire), that can be better answered by someone who's done it before. But everything you need will be in the trunk by the factory amp except for the power wire, that should be the only you'll need to run through the car.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by escblads
The amp is in the trunk sitting in the middle underneath the rear two speakers, since you have the SV tech package, I guess that's a guarantee that you have the Bose system.

On the amp there is a plug that has all the speaker input wires, I'm not sure if they're a low level signal (RCA) or a high level signal (speaker wire), that can be better answered by someone who's done it before. But everything you need will be in the trunk by the factory amp except for the power wire, that should be the only you'll need to run through the car.
Yep, that's all true. I did the install in my 2009 with tech package. It's pretty easy, you run the power back, and then splice into the amp wires for the sub.

Here's the write up I followed. PM me if you have any other questions.

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generat...tallation.html
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 PM

This how I did my 14'. Not sure if it will be the same wires for your inputs but I have the Bose system so most likely it's the same colors.

I installed a sub and amp last night to the factory Bose system.
Figuring out where to put the power wire through the firewall was a little tricky. I've read on here to go through where the factory plug is on the far left side. Only problem is that bunch of wires are in big rubber plug that makes it very hard to poke through without potentially cutting a factory wire.
So I just drilled a hole about 4" to the right and then used a grommet and feed the 8g wire through. The hole is just above the parking brake.

Name:  IMAG0209.jpg
Views: 5393
Size:  220.8 KB

It comes out perfectly.

Name:  IMAG0211.jpg
Views: 5631
Size:  170.3 KB

I mounted the fuse to the cars fuse box cover. You can see I also installed my AEM intake.

Name:  IMAG0213.jpg
Views: 5407
Size:  203.0 KB

For now since it fits decently good I'm using my form fitted 10" box out of my Altima.

Name:  IMAG0221.jpg
Views: 6517
Size:  225.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0220.jpg
Views: 6512
Size:  213.9 KB

I mounted the amp under the passenger seat (not enough room under drivers).

For those searching for which wires to tap into and coming up empty like I did-
On the 2014 Nissan Maxima SV with Bose the passenger rear 6x9 wires are brown and red. Red is Negative and Brown is positive. That's where you want to hook up your line leveler that converts to the RCA cables.
Also I was expecting to see a sub in the decklid but there wasn't?

Anyway it sounds awesome! Very happy!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Great info guys....I went through the rubber plug, but I think that Racerbox's way is much better. It's both easier & safer.

When I first added a sub, I tapped into the wires from the factory subs, then fed those into my amp's speaker level inputs. For my current setup with a processor, I tapped into the preamp level wires from the headunit right before the factory amp.

The two 6x9's on the rear shelf are the subs.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you all guys for the input. I do have the Bose system, so it has small subs in the back currently, should i leave those in or take them out? The sub system i have is two 12inch Pioneer Champion series, and i have a 500w amp for each sub. so heres my question. i run the power cord back, hook up the ground, splice for the RCAs, but what about remote wire? because i have 2 amps, i have a set up RCAs going into one amp, and then from that amp i have a set or RCAs going from the output into the input on the other amp, then a piece of remote wite connecting the two. is that going to work out? once again, i appreciate the help alot guys.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I tapped the remote wire going to the stock amp and ran it to my processor & amps. Now I have it to the processor only, then my processor has a remote out going to my two amps.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Here's a quick write up I did that might help.

https://maxima.org/showthread.php?t=676601
Old 04-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Help on 2013 maxima non Bose subwoofer install

No I'm non bose and I tapped my converter into the 2 6x9s in the rear deck lid coming from the stock amp and power & grounded where my aftermarket amp is. Also aftermarket amp is remoted off of the converter connection. I've tested to make sure my polarity is correct with a multimeter and all is well. Everything comes on & subs have power but if I turn it up hardly any, it shuts off my factory amp which kills the input signal to the converter. Then I either have to unplug the factory amp or shut my car off & on to get it going again. Plus help. Thanks guys