7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 questions about my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Question 2 questions about my Maxima

Hello everyone who owns a 7th Gen Max. I'm 1 hour new to this website and I'm in love haha. Not sure if this is the right section for this thread but I have 2 questions regarding my 2014 Maxima.
1. I recently did a resonator and muffler (both) delete. the car sounds amazing and has a-little backfire/pop to it. I read some where that if you take off the Cat that it will make even more pops and possibly flames? but I read somewhere else that its illegal to remove the Cat. so my question is, should I remove the cat and make it all straight pipe or get a performance cat? I want it to POP like those Supra's do lol.
2. will doing any of this exhaust stuff void my warranty? not sure what warranty I currently have but I do know I have warranty.

Only mods I did to it so far was put a HPS Shortram Intake. Planning on buying the bulldog tuner when I run into some money. Any recommendations please let me know!

Thank you
light bar

i know its dirty i gotta clean it

Last edited by The Wizard; 03-14-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Yes, you've likely voided your warranty. Depending on what you have or who underwrites it. Generally speaking, no modifications are allowed.

You've also managed to create a 'hot air intake' with that HPS system.

It is illegal in most states to not have a main cat, and NY in particular enacted a stringent policy in June of 2013 that requires cars to have an OEM cat.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:15 AM

You're restricting a lot of airflow into the motor with that LED bar. It's not cutoff, but restricted...in very hot conditions you could have issues...
Old 03-13-2018, 05:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by TableRocker
Yes, you've likely voided your warranty. Depending on what you have or who underwrites it. Generally speaking, no modifications are allowed.

You've also managed to create a 'hot air intake' with that HPS system.

It is illegal in most states to not have a main cat, and NY in particular enacted a stringent policy in June of 2013 that requires cars to have an OEM cat.
Thank you for your reply!

What do you mean by hot sure intake?

That's good to know about the CAT. How about a aftermarket performance CAT?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:24 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
You're restricting a lot of airflow into the motor with that LED bar. It's not cutoff, but restricted...in very hot conditions you could have issues...
Thinking about it now.... You might be right. I might take it off in the summer time. And in the winter put it back on. Thank you
Old 03-13-2018, 09:15 PM

Okay, if anyone is telling you that you can "tune" a Natural Aspirated car you were lied too!
What is the tune remapping???? What curve is it smoothing out????

Tuning is for turbo cars.. I'm sure I will get pushback on this but hey! Your money to do as you wish.. I PROMISE you, if you spend the money on "Tuning" you WILL feel a power difference mostly because you will refuse to admit that you don't for the money you just spent.

And!!!! Removing Cats and mufflers will actually restrict the flow of your exhaust leaving the car. The air flow becomes way more turbulent and you get back pressure..
But again, always do what YOU want to your car.

This is why people are NOT putting Greddy S-AFC's on their N/A cars.. GL!

Last edited by SR20Power; 03-13-2018 at 09:31 PM.