7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxima SE throttle control motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Maxima SE throttle control motor problems

I I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima se the car I changed the motor and for two weeks the motor drove and ran fine now the card left me stranded I was driving and it went dead I put it in neutral to restart the car it did nothing I stop the car turn the switch the card did nothing I look under the hood and I find the starter switch wire was broken I fix the wire turn the switch the card turns over but it does not start I finally get the car started but it has no throttle control I can take and mash the accelerator pedal down and there will go no more than 2000 RPM's it jerks hard for you put it in reverse I have changed the throttle body the throttle motor and they throttle pedal to know avail it is still doing the same thing no throttle response over 2000 RPM's it is throwing the codes P 1122 p1126 and when I erased the codes as soon as the switch is turned back on the codes reappear I have changed the relay that to change the relay and fuse box that is on the passenger side front of the car have changed every single relay every single fuse that is in the car and still it does the same thing and also now has started coming up with a saying that the cam sensor is bad I have replaced both counts sensors and the crank sensor and they knock sensor and still the same things I have tried the learn the throttle thing and it no power to the throttle I have trace the wiring from the throttle motor to the fuse and relay box nothing seems to be broken or not making connections I can however place a Hotwire on the top right hand corner wire in the plug on the throttle motor and it will open the throttle motor full open and the car will start any help that anyone can offer me will be greatly appreciated and I thank you
I have gotten the throttle control motor on the throttle body to start working when the key switch is turned to ON position like it's supposed to do now, but when I press the gas pedal down it will not go over 1700rpms and when I put it into reverse it hits reverse very hard and same happens when I go from reverse to drive it hits drive hard and it will pull itself in reverse but will not pull at all in drive. The codes p1122 , p1126 and p1051 are now present. I erase them and start the car up they reappear in less than 20 seconds . The car takes longer to start than it ever has now. Meaning I have to hold the key switch in the crank position longer before it starts to run than normal. Normally in a matter of 2 seconds the car will be running now it takes like 5 to 7 seconds to start running