8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Maxima.org/IB Coverage of the 8th gen at the NYAS

Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hokie350Z
There also seems to be no official photos of cars with the optional premium spoiler or the sport spoiler mentioned in the press kit. Unless you count the Super Bowl commercial car?
Look in the "Official Photos" thread. a-b-c posted pics of a silver one with the optional wheels (which are 18's) and it has one of the spoilers on it. (think the SR might get a slightly bigger spoiler)
Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by R1600Turbo
Look in the "Official Photos" thread. a-b-c posted pics of a silver one with the optional wheels (which are 18's) and it has one of the spoilers on it. (think the SR might get a slightly bigger spoiler)
I stand corrected. Thanks, R1600Turbo!

Originally Posted by a-b-c
Old 04-03-2015, 10:44 PM

The Nissan 2016 Maxima preorder site shows only the standard 18" wheels available on the S, SV, SL and Platinum. Those are the wheels with five fairly wide spokes, each paired with a skinny spoke. I really do not like that particular wheel design (asymetrical, so looks different, depending on which side of the car we are looking at), so will not be able to preorder.

My favorite wheel pattern is the one on the red Platinum we saw a month ago on the Nissan site, but which is not shown as an option (there are no options) on the Nissan build site. I think I may be in a situation where I will need to wait until Nissan shows us what options will and will not be available before I can order. This happened with the 6th gen, and I had to wait six months before the '04 SL converted from the antiquated 4 speed auto to the more up-to-date 5 speed auto.

Last edited by lightonthehill; 04-03-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
The Nissan 2016 Maxima preorder site shows only the standard 18" wheels available on the S, SV, SL and Platinum. Those are the wheels with five fairly wide spokes, each paired with a skinny spoke. I really do not like that particular wheel design (asymetrical, so looks different, depending on which side of the car we are looking at), so will not be able to preorder.

My favorite wheel pattern is the one on the red Platinum we saw a month ago on the Nissan site, but which is not shown as an option (there are no options) on the Nissan build site. I think I may be in a situation where I will need to wait until Nissan shows us what options will and will not be available before I can order. This happened with the 6th gen, and I had to wait six months before the '04 SL converted from the antiquated 4 speed auto to the more up-to-date 5 speed auto.
There will not be packages where you can put sport tires or anything like that. What you see is what you'll get...like the pana roof is only on the SL I believe...and you can add like custom floor mats, sport spoiler or spoiler...that's why I believe the brought back the 5 trim levels vs the 2... Plus navigation and remote start come in all trims.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by maximacutie
There will not be packages where you can put sport tires or anything like that.
Summer tires for SR.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by maximacutie
There will not be packages where you can put sport tires or anything like that. What you see is what you'll get...like the pana roof is only on the SL I believe...and you can add like custom floor mats, sport spoiler or spoiler...that's why I believe the brought back the 5 trim levels vs the 2... Plus navigation and remote start come in all trims.
I think the navi being standard is a real step up for the lower level Maximas. Navi used to cost around $1800 to add. The entry level Maximas are really well-equipped. I will still opt for the Platinum because my wife and I are always together, and we change drivers very often, so need the memory system for steering wheel, outside mirrors, seat position, etc. We also want the auto-dimming reverse tiltdown outside driver's mirror, around-view monitor, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, climate controlled front seats, driver attention alert, moving object detection, etc, etc. This Platinum is better equipped than some luxury cars, but at a clearly lower price.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

LOTH, unless you want the SR model, you may be out of luck (at least for MY2016). Nissan's press kit says that the 19" wheels you (and most all of us) want will only be available on the SR model. Check out the Specs tab in the press kit on the Nissan News website:

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...xima-press-kit
Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 95VQ30

Rowan doing the unveiling
Lmao. I can't wait until Goone is gone.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:19 AM

sucks you have to pay for the remote features once the trial ends.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Hokie350Z
LOTH, unless you want the SR model, you may be out of luck (at least for MY2016). Nissan's press kit says that the 19" wheels you (and most all of us) want will only be available on the SR model. Check out the Specs tab in the press kit on the Nissan News website:

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...xima-press-kit
You are correct! No packages such as premium, sports, audio, leather, moonroof, etc, etc...
Old 04-04-2015, 01:03 PM

meh looks like any other "bulky" car out there, lame...
Old 04-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by R1600Turbo
Summer tires for SR.
Didn't know summer tires came on the SR! Perfect! Really glad that Nissan finally brought back the spirit and design of the sport sedan, similar to the 5th gen, which was the last great Maxima, until the 8th gen.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MaxMus
sucks you have to pay for the remote features once the trial ends.
That's everyone. No company gives that's for free during the life of your ownership unless it's thro a trial
Old 04-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blackarsenic
That's everyone. No company gives that's for free during the life of your ownership unless it's thro a trial
my friend just bought a new charger and i believe his is for free for the life of the vehicle.

wish Nissan would have had AWD as an option. that would sorta justify dropping 40K on a car of this caliber.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by wtgkb8
You can build one already...

http://www.nissanusa.com/cars/2016-maxima/

Looks like S, SV, SL, SR, and Platinum.
I'm an ole school Nissan guy who knows GXE, GLE, SE....WTH does the S, SV, SL, SR and platinum trim package abbreviations stand for and consist of? S (Sport???) to me would be the base model, SV (sport V???), SL (Sport Luxury?), SR (Sport Racing???), Platinum (Loaded) like the Titanium version...Anyways if you know what the abbreviation stand for please list them because I'm kinda confused!!!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:53 AM

To the best of my knowledge they don't really "stand" for anything. But I would be glad to be proven wrong!!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:45 AM

They stand for nothing, just as GXE and GLE were just random letters as far as I remember. Of course I always took SE to mean Sport Edition.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by maxud
Do you care to elaborate on build quality statement? I got news for you,
it will be build in the exact same factory, by exact same people who build 7th gen. Those who own 7th gen, can relate to all the issues that plagued 7th gen, from engine, to suspension to seats and paint.
It appears that the car has more electronics, but electronics is getting cheaper all the time. For the price of one 7" display in 2009, they can get two in 2016.
Market will dictate whether the car is priced above what its worth.
I was sorta surprised while doing some work on a 6th Gen that it was definitely made in America when I had to use 15mm, and 16mm socket and wrench while dropping a ypipe....Of all the Toyotas and Nissans I've owed even my D21 which was made in Tenn. Used 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 21mm sized heads on all the fasteners....
Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by NissLover
They stand for nothing, just as GXE and GLE were just random letters as far as I remember. Of course I always took SE to mean Sport Edition.
We all knew that the base model was a GXE, The luxury model was the GLE, and the sport edition was the SE....I don't mean the actual abbreviation...Sorry....But what it includes or what they mean by the lettering would help me know what is what!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by CMax03
We all knew that the base model was a GXE, The luxury model was the GLE, and the sport edition was the SE....I don't mean the actual abbreviation...Sorry....But what it includes or what they mean by the lettering would help me know what is what!
S - Base
SV - Mid-level
SL - High End (Luxury)
SR - Sporty (appearance)
Platinum - Loaded
NISMO - Performance