8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Went to a dealer today:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by phattyaltnatl
the all important door panels.

Yes, the arm rests and door pulls are padded leather on the "base model"! VERY NICE INDEED!

My Slideshow - YouTube
Nice, thanks Phatty!
Old 06-08-2015, 06:20 PM

I can't believe theres a markup on this car at any dealer. There will be 15-19 per lot in a year or less!!! 2k to have it today....no way. The SR needs a sunroof. I bet they offer it as an option sooner than later. Looks like another great car, I had my 09 since it came out way back when and didn't pay any markup and it was the only one on the lot.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by mls277
I can't believe theres a markup on this car at any dealer. There will be 15-19 per lot in a year or less!!! 2k to have it today....no way. The SR needs a sunroof. I bet they offer it as an option sooner than later. Looks like another great car, I had my 09 since it came out way back when and didn't pay any markup and it was the only one on the lot.
The markups are 'standard' at the three closest Nissan dealers to me, and have been for at least twenty years. But those markups become more negotiable after the first month or two. By fall, they will be deleted on request when buying. This new generation Maxima is an exceptionally noticable vehicle, and I knew there would be a markup early on.

The number of 2016 Maximas will vary widely by dealer/lot size. In the Atlanta area, by the end of the year, there will be dealers with over forty 2016 Maximas on their lot, but others with less than a dozen. Yes, there are dealerships who routinely carry over forty Maximas, although it may take them a while to build up to that total. I think 73 is the largest number of Maximas I ever saw in a dealer's inventory.

Of course, the last few years of a generation see the number of Maximas on hand gradually dropping, until many dealers carry less than a dozen at the start of the last model year of a generation, then try to clear their lot just before the new generation arrives..

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-09-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:45 AM

After finding the nearest Silver Platinum with Cashmere interior was 333 miles away in Memphis, I considered maybe a White Platinum with Cashmere interior. Found only one within 100 miles and one more within 200 miles. And neither has the factory installed accessories I want.

Dealers will probably begin accepting customer orders to build within the next three months, and if things went well, I could have exactly what I want by Thanksgiving. By then, we will already be discussing what we will get on the 9th gen Maxima.

After looking over the inventory on a dozen or so dealers, I find the Cashmere interior is outnumbered by a the dark interior by a total landslide. Yes, the dark is more popular, but, with previous generations, the ratio was much closer.

THAT TELLS ME NISSAN MAY BE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE CASHMERE INTERIOR. It may be that the test cars with Cashmere interior may have begun showing wear or stains fairly quickly, so Nissan is trying to minimize the scope of the damage?

Last edited by lightonthehill; 06-09-2015 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:27 AM

I think you are reading too much into it. The interior materials are the same they have been using for years in Nissan and Infinity cars.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill

THAT TELLS ME NISSAN MAY BE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE CASHMERE INTERIOR. It may be that the test cars with Cashmere interior may have begun showing wear or stains fairly quickly, so Nissan is trying to minimize the scope of the damage?
That would be true, not good at all this early on.

"That's not the only issue we've had with the interior, either. We sort of expected the light, almost white leather to show signs of age during the year-long test, but even after just 2,400 miles, the seats are starting to look worn, with obvious discoloration showing on the driver's seat" http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/28/2...duction-video/

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 06-09-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:13 PM

Was notified that a Maxima came in today. Went to see the show room display only. No test ride available yet.If you want your model,color etc. it will take 2 1\2 months to order it.In New Jersey.

Last edited by mrgooch; 06-09-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mrgooch
Was notified that a Maxima came in today. Went to see the show room display only. No test ride available yet.If you want you want your model,colr etc. it will take 2 1\2 months to order it.In New Jersey.
I think 2 1/2 months for ordering will be pretty much normal early on. That will improve somewhat before the end of the year. Maybe October?

As the dealers begin to accumulate a few cars on the lot, test drives will return. That has happened at a few dealers already, and should happen at most dealers within the next two weeks.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:19 PM

Found some pics of the Maxima S cloth, not digging that pattern of the cloth dark seats, light color looks better. Go to autotrader.com and do a search for 2016 Maxima S, put everywhere in area. A few has pics of them (one at Midway Nissan has good pics), for some reason when I copy link it shows car is no longer available.

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 06-09-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:49 PM

Lets see what the prices look like this summer as the cars come into the lots. I would be waiting at the door if the SR had a sunroof, but I just can't go without that feature now that I've had it 8 years. I see a platinum in stock already near me. i wonder if the 18" wheels ruin the look...cause that platinum looks like a sweet car.

Last edited by mls277; 06-10-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:05 PM

My local dealer isn't getting any new Maximas until late July. Typical!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by stodge
My local dealer isn't getting any new Maximas until late July. Typical!
Alot of it depends on your geographical location and how well that particular dealership does on a monthly/yearly bases. You might want to expand your search if your in a hurry or just wait it out.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:09 AM

I had my first chance at a brief (30 min.) test drive yesterday. I drove a Coulis Red Platinum and was very impressed. I didn't fiddle with many of the electronic doo-dads, as I was concentrating strictly on the driving experience.

Wow - I found a very comfortable driving position right away. In my 7G, I often move my left elbow back and forth from the arm rest on the door to the top of the door panel to be comfortable. But in the 8G, my elbow was comfortable on the door rest for the entire time. The top of the panel may be too high, but I didn't notice until getting out of the car that I never had any desire to move like I do on my car. The console was exactly the right height for me as well. I found the steering to be very nicely weighted, both in parking lot confines and at speed. The acoustic glass in the front windows is very effective, especially in cross wind situations that create a little wind noise in my 7G. I can confirm that the D-Step shifting logic does indeed kick in normal mode. I read a review that indicated it would kick in above 3/8 throttle, and that seems about right. Quite simply, the driving experience was better than my 7G in every conceivable way, and in some ways MUCH better. The only things that disappoint so far are the lack of auto up/down windows for the rear, and the lack of trunk struts.

For me, and this is very subjective, the balance between ride comfort and handling is perfect. I can honestly say, getting back in my 7G was a bit of a disappointment, especially in terms of the CVT performance. Will everyone be thrilled - no. But I am more excited now than I was before arriving at the dealer.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
The only things that disappoint so far are the lack of auto up/down windows for the rear
Is this an option on many other cars? I've never focused on it before.

To me the biggest omission is an electronic parking brake.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:23 AM

I had my first chance at a brief (30 min.) test drive yesterday. I drove a Coulis Red Platinum and was very impressed. I didn't fiddle with many of the electronic doo-dads, as I was concentrating strictly on the driving experience.

Wow - I found a very comfortable driving position right away. In my 7G, I often move my left elbow back and forth from the arm rest on the door to the top of the door panel to be comfortable. But in the 8G, my elbow was comfortable on the door rest for the entire time. The top of the panel may be too high, but I didn't notice until getting out of the car that I never had any desire to move like I do on my car. The console was exactly the right height for me as well. I found the steering to be very nicely weighted, both in parking lot confines and at speed. The acoustic glass in the front windows is very effective, especially in cross wind situations that create a little wind noise in my 7G. I can confirm that the D-Step shifting logic does indeed kick in normal mode. I read a review that indicated it would kick in above 3/8 throttle, and that seems about right. Quite simply, the driving experience was better than my 7G in every conceivable way, and in some ways MUCH better. The only things that disappoint so far are the lack of auto up/down windows for the rear, and the lack of trunk struts.

For me, and this is very subjective, the balance between ride comfort and handling is perfect. I can honestly say, getting back in my 7G was a bit of a disappointment, especially in terms of the CVT performance. Will everyone be thrilled - no. But I am more excited now than I was before arriving at the dealer.
Thanks for giving us a review of the 8th gen. Car sounds amazing and this is making it harder for me to hold out until fall.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:39 AM

What Color was the intertior ? What did you think of the Colius Red ?

Randy
Old 06-12-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Randy
What Color was the intertior ? What did you think of the Colius Red ?

Randy
Interior was charcoal. I like the CR, but too close to my wife's truck for me to buy.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:49 PM

Very nice, but seem like the initial release gonna be hard to get a "test" drive because if someone wants it, they have to buy it. Dealer does not waste their time, moving the car from the showroom to the lot for a test drive. I remember then Mitsubishi came out with the 3000GT, they were one in the show room and I over heard the sales manager told the prospective buyer, they are not letting anyone come in just for a test drive only serious buyers. As far as trade on current Maxima owner, yes they are gonna low ball you, since they need to sell it off the lot quickly to keep the 7th gen off the lot even the 6th gen which I have not seen any on the lot at any used cars.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 PM

I have never been a fan of any shade of red car, but I have to admit this color looks pretty good on the 8th gen.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:39 PM

Tom Wood Nissan in Indianapolis has 7 2016 Maximas in stock. 2 platinum, 2 S, 2 SL, and 1 SR. I need to go look at some in person. Have gone from WTH is that... to it looks pretty good ...to I'm not sure I like it. I won't be buying one for at least another year anyway. We have 2 cars with under 30k right now.

Last edited by Mick7; 06-12-2015 at 03:44 PM.