8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

How much did you pay? *new car shopper*

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Maxman200
Anyone get any deals on the 2019 Maxima yet? My 2016 SR lease is up soon and I just started looking around. Looking like the regular 2019 SR will be significantly more expensive.
Sorry for missing this.
2019 Platinum Reserve - $41k w/ tax. So that's about $4k off.
But figured they weren't dealing on this model.
SR should be $5-6k off. Very hard to find 2019's.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:39 AM

Anyone get any deals on the 2019 Maxima yet? My 2016 SR lease is up soon and I just started looking around. Looking like the regular 2019 SR will be significantly more expensive.
I just got a lease on a 2018 maxima with 8000 off msrp. If you can find an 18 there are huge discounts. They quoted me 450-500/month on a 19 model depending on the trim. If the headlight/taillight and exhaust refresh are worth that much more,, go for it. I actually liked the 18 headlights with the fog lamps. Wish they were all led,, but I can live with it for hundreds less a month
Old 02-25-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Steptide
I just got a lease on a 2018 maxima with 8000 off msrp. If you can find an 18 there are huge discounts. They quoted me 450-500/month on a 19 model depending on the trim. If the headlight/taillight and exhaust refresh are worth that much more,, go for it. I actually liked the 18 headlights with the fog lamps. Wish they were all led,, but I can live with it for hundreds less a month
Great deal you got but to say the 2019 changes were confined to the lights would be a dis-service. From a safety point of view 4 additional airbags were installed, >2 under the dash for knee protection and rear seat side occupant airbags for the passengers. (in addition to the head curtain bags already on the car) It is my understanding the glass is accoustically quieter too. Perhaps others can chime in on the other eletronic collision avoidance aids now standard on the 2019s.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Great deal you got but to say the 2019 changes were confined to the lights would be a dis-service. From a safety point of view 4 additional airbags were installed, >2 under the dash for knee protection and rear seat side occupant airbags for the passengers. (in addition to the head curtain bags already on the car) It is my understanding the glass is accoustically quieter too. Perhaps others can chime in on the other eletronic collision avoidance aids now standard on the 2019s.
You're most likely correct but it still wasn't worth hundreds more per month to me. I do think the blind spot detection is standard also but again it wasn't worth hundreds more a month to me. I got the sv trim but there are huge discounts on all 18 trim levels. The platinum model I looked at was 33 thousand which is a huge discount but the monthly payment for me was still too much so I went with the sv
Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 AM

Hey guys, newbie here. Just got my new 2018 maxima sv this past Friday. Huge discounts on the 18 models. 28000 otd. 8000 off the sticker. Couldn't be happier. Huge upgrade from what I had (toyota camry)
Same here. Traded in a 2016 Camry LE, basic, for a brand new 2018 Maxima SV, back in November. Very happy, huge upgrade.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've seen some advertised lease prices on the 2019 anywhere from $360's for the S to $460's for a loaded SR. That's based on the selling price of only about 6% off MSRP and you should be able to get more off than that. There was also a down payment in the deal but I wouldn't do that. March is Nissan's fiscal year end so hopefully they offer some more incentives.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lindros2
Sorry for missing this.
2019 Platinum Reserve - $41k w/ tax. So that's about $4k off.
But figured they weren't dealing on this model.
SR should be $5-6k off. Very hard to find 2019's.
Yup, there are pretty much no SR's around me. Some dealers don't even have any 2019's yet. Is there some kind of production issue?
Old 02-25-2019, 08:49 AM

I've seen some advertised lease prices on the 2019 anywhere from $360's for the S to $460's for a loaded SR. That's based on the selling price of only about 6% off MSRP and you should be able to get more off than that. There was also a down payment in the deal but I wouldn't do that. March is Nissan's fiscal year end so hopefully they offer some more incentives.
Can't speak for what they'll do next month but I went to 3 different nissan dealers in my area and the only way to get a 19 maxima below 400/month was to put thousands down. I think one dealer wanted about 4k down,, which no thank you and that's why I went with the 18. The base s trim might be a little more doable for a 19 but I wanted a few more options
Old 02-25-2019, 11:53 AM

Can't speak for what they'll do next month but I went to 3 different nissan dealers in my area and the only way to get a 19 maxima below 400/month was to put thousands down. I think one dealer wanted about 4k down,, which no thank you and that's why I went with the 18. The base s trim might be a little more doable for a 19 but I wanted a few more options
You can't go wrong if the 2018 meets your expectations. Discounts like you are mentioning indicates a great deal albeit that it is a year older. The Maxima is far more car than most others when you take the time to compare the features side by side. In many ways the Max is in its own class. Let us know how you are enjoying the car.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:51 PM

You can't go wrong if the 2018 meets your expectations. Discounts like you are mentioning indicates a great deal albeit that it is a year older. The Maxima is far more car than most others when you take the time to compare the features side by side. In many ways the Max is in its own class. Let us know how you are enjoying the car.
Exactly. I'm coming from a toyota camry so the 18 maxima is a HUGE upgrade and because the 18s have such big discounts my monthly payment is the same. I'll admit the 19 maximas have better headlights and taillights. I wish the 18s had led,, but I also like that the 18s have fog lights vs the 19s having fake plastic vents. So far I love the car. It's noticeably quieter than my camry and while nissans infotainment may not be perfect,, anyone who's ever owned a Toyota knows they're stuck in a different decade and their infotainment systems suck terribly. Plus I now have a 300hp V6 vs my camrys 178hp 4 cylinder. It's a whole new world for me
Old 02-25-2019, 02:44 PM

Exactly. I'm coming from a toyota camry so the 18 maxima is a HUGE upgrade and because the 18s have such big discounts my monthly payment is the same. I'll admit the 19 maximas have better headlights and taillights. I wish the 18s had led,, but I also like that the 18s have fog lights vs the 19s having fake plastic vents. So far I love the car. It's noticeably quieter than my camry and while nissans infotainment may not be perfect,, anyone who's ever owned a Toyota knows they're stuck in a different decade and their infotainment systems suck terribly. Plus I now have a 300hp V6 vs my camrys 178hp 4 cylinder. It's a whole new world for me
The difference is in look (vanity) and some slight new features, most of which don't work properly!
Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just picked up a new 18' Maxima S last week here in Phoenix area. $24265.00 before TTL so there was a significant discount. We traded a 16' Altima 2.5 SV. This will be my wife's car basically and even though she gave up her sunroof and the lane warning/departure stuff she absolutely loves the Maxima. Big upgrade over the Altima. Only found one additional S in the area there were still a few Platinums out there.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM

Well done on the price! Welcome aboard! We look forward to hearing of your ownership experiences.
Originally Posted by AZJim66
Just picked up a new 18' Maxima S last week here in Phoenix area. $24265.00 before TTL so there was a significant discount. We traded a 16' Altima 2.5 SV. This will be my wife's car basically and even though she gave up her sunroof and the lane warning/departure stuff she absolutely loves the Maxima. Big upgrade over the Altima. Only found one additional S in the area there were still a few Platinums out there.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the welcome! I am a loyal Nissan guy, My ride is a 17' Titan SV CC which I love!!

Well done on the price! Welcome aboard! We look forward to hearing of your ownership experiences.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Searched for a solid month for the ole I wanted. This was after I got disgusted with Toyota (was looking at an Avalon Touring) wanting me to PAY monthly for their remote start service. Saw the maximas and the features they offered and was able to drop down a year to the 18s which still had mostly the same features as 19s. I live in Houston but found the car I wanted in San Antonio. 18 Platinum CPO in Red, upgraded wheels, ambient lighting, led kick plates, under panel lighting, rear diffuser, spoiler, mats, and cargo net. 11k miles on it. Got them down to 31k out the door. Paid a deposit to hold it. Used their financing for 3.29% which was better than mine at 3 49. Drove down there 2 days later and noticed a missing piece of leather on the console lid, they replaced the lid and all was well. Car stickered new for 45,300. So I think I did fairly well with 33% off MSRP when new.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I finally pulled the trigger and bought one out in Phoenix, AZ.. I got a 2018 Nissan Maxima SV with 18k miles for 19,850$. Its black on black leather and I'm absolutely obsessed. Upgraded from 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. What a world of difference! I feel like I just got the big brother or even the daddy of the Altima I have !!! (Ok, maybe the GT-R is the daddy lol) Two issues though that suck but im currently handling. Dealer gave me the car without the SD card which is cluster F%&$ to fix and deal with and is originally how I found this forum/website in the first place. And I'm getting the intermittent "obstruction front radar not available" message which is annoying and has no rhyme or reason to it just comes on whenever it feels like it. But i honestly dont care because i love this car so much and it will be covered under warranty.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nails123
Searched for a solid month for the ole I wanted. This was after I got disgusted with Toyota (was looking at an Avalon Touring) wanting me to PAY monthly for their remote start service. Saw the maximas and the features they offered and was able to drop down a year to the 18s which still had mostly the same features as 19s. I live in Houston but found the car I wanted in San Antonio. 18 Platinum CPO in Red, upgraded wheels, ambient lighting, led kick plates, under panel lighting, rear diffuser, spoiler, mats, and cargo net. 11k miles on it. Got them down to 31k out the door. Paid a deposit to hold it. Used their financing for 3.29% which was better than mine at 3 49. Drove down there 2 days later and noticed a missing piece of leather on the console lid, they replaced the lid and all was well. Car stickered new for 45,300. So I think I did fairly well with 33% off MSRP when new.
Thanks for sharing your deal. I love the fact that your car is LOADED! When I was looking to trade my 2016 Platinum, I too considered the Avalon. It was crap like decontenting the remote start to an option, removing the power rear sun shade, and taking away the thigh support extension on the drivers seat that help me understand just how well equiped the Platinum is! (Plus the ugly cheese grater front end on the Avalon) It was an easy choice to go for another Platinum (2019 this time)
Old 04-13-2019, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Adam French
I finally pulled the trigger and bought one out in Phoenix, AZ.. I got a 2018 Nissan Maxima SV with 18k miles for 19,850$. Its black on black leather and I'm absolutely obsessed. Upgraded from 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. What a world of difference! I feel like I just got the big brother or even the daddy of the Altima I have !!! (Ok, maybe the GT-R is the daddy lol) Two issues though that suck but im currently handling. Dealer gave me the car without the SD card which is cluster F%&$ to fix and deal with and is originally how I found this forum/website in the first place. And I'm getting the intermittent "obstruction front radar not available" message which is annoying and has no rhyme or reason to it just comes on whenever it feels like it. But i honestly dont care because i love this car so much and it will be covered under warranty.
Welcome and I am so glad you have the warranty coverage to help fix the issues. I just don't get why the SD cards get removed since they are worth almost nothing and will not work in other Maximas. I'm sure the radar issue can be fixed with a new unit. Keep a log on how often it fails and relay that to the service manager. Keep us posted nd welcome aboard!
Old 04-13-2019, 04:09 PM

whatcha guys pay for a 2019 sr? dealers here listing them for 46k
Old 04-13-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by punkfs
My 2019 Platinum stickered @ 46K loaded with all options. My deal came in around 42K plus taxes, junk fees, tile, plates etc.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by punkfs
atlanta SR Premium (orange) sold cash for $39k, I heard.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Congrats! We have put a couple hundred miles on ours and love how it drives. Best of luck with yours!

Originally Posted by Nails123
Old 04-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2019 SR Premium.

Negotiated to $38,900 with only the required fees.
49% residual. .0003 lease factor rate.
Nmac Tier one approval.
$1,200 down
489+ Tax. Pmt.
36mo 12k mile annual allowance.

Purchased in Utah.

Second photo is a dealer fact sheet covering #2 of 4 total negotiation attempts in April. I settled on a different deal at a different dealership with 49% residual. (Don’t ask me why it was different on my final
attempt. I don’t know.)

March seemed to be the best time to buy with additional money from Nissan.
Other months incentives will be different.
Please note that this is not the deal I accepted. Rather for informal purpose and reference for future buyers seeking out answers.

Last edited by BMax115; 04-30-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Good morning everybody. Just bought a 2018 black (cashmere interior) Maxima SV from a dealership here in Houston. 2,400 miles on it paid $24,323. It was never titled out of the dealership, and not listed as a demo or exec car, and the Carfax was clean. Really like it so far (I, too, came out of a (2015) Camry which seems to be a trend). Much, much, different car experience, that's for sure!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well done ! $10k under retail is a steal. Nissan wanted 24k to purchase my 2016 with 46000 miles back. 😂
Old 05-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by IUFLA
Good morning everybody. Just bought a 2018 black (cashmere interior) Maxima SV from a dealership here in Houston. 2,400 miles on it paid $24,323. It was never titled out of the dealership, and not listed as a demo or exec car, and the Carfax was clean. Really like it so far (I, too, came out of a (2015) Camry which seems to be a trend). Much, much, different car experience, that's for sure!
If it was never titled out of the dealership and not listed as a demo or exec car, how come it has 2400 miles on it?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by BMax115
Well done ! $10k under retail is a steal. Nissan wanted 24k to purchase my 2016 with 46000 miles back. 😂
I was just thinking about that when your timely comment appeared. Nissan Finance wanted $23,000 to buy out my 2016 Platinum with 43,000 miles on the clock. (wonder what it brought at auction?) If I had bought that 2016 instead of leasing I am told my trade in would have netted me approximately $18,500. So I can conclude I was good money ahead leasing instead of buying since I was going into a 2019 Platinum. If you trade every 3 years then it pays to lease! On the other hand if you are buying to keep for many more years a n outright purchase seems better.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lionel2013
If it was never titled out of the dealership and not listed as a demo or exec car, how come it has 2400 miles on it?
I wondered that myself, but they had like 6 of them. Still have a couple of S models I believe with comparable miles on them for about the same price. They listed them as certified pre-owned
Link
That one only has 870 miles on it

Last edited by IUFLA; 05-09-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Nissan must be afraid of clogging up lots with Maximas so new 2019 SR's with Midnight doo-dads going for pennies over $38k off the truck. Retail is already off the table, you won't pay full ($41k). I paid $31K for a new 17 SR Midnight so this is still high but dang. Wonder what they'd take for one if it was all cash?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 17MaxSR
Nissan must be afraid of clogging up lots with Maximas so new 2019 SR's with Midnight doo-dads going for pennies over $38k off the truck. Retail is already off the table, you won't pay full ($41k). I paid $31K for a new 17 SR Midnight so this is still high but dang. Wonder what they'd take for one if it was all cash?
$31k for a 17SR is a lot. I paid $28000 for a 2018 SV last november ...
Old 05-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by IUFLA
Us former camry drivers must've been dying for some excitement lol. The 2 biggest things I noticed after I got my maxima (compared to my camry) was the seat position felt much much lower, and the visibility is way different. I'd say much less in the maxima vs the camry. Obviously the maxima is much more powerful than the 4 cylinder camry, but I'd say those were the 2 things I had to get used to after driving the camry. I LIKED driving my camry, but I LOVE driving the maxima.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:53 PM

Us former camry drivers must've been dying for some excitement lol. The 2 biggest things I noticed after I got my maxima (compared to my camry) was the seat position felt much much lower, and the visibility is way different. I'd say much less in the maxima vs the camry. Obviously the maxima is much more powerful than the 4 cylinder camry, but I'd say those were the 2 things I had to get used to after driving the camry. I LIKED driving my camry, but I LOVE driving the maxima.
Noticed the exact same things, but got used to them. On the flip side though, the Maxima seats are way more comfortable than the Camry's. Way more. The same two hour trip I've done tens of time with my 16 Camry, which used to destroy my back and my butt now has absolutely no impact on me, in my 2018 Max. None. As if it never happened.

As for power ... no comparison.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:54 PM

$31k for a 17SR is a lot. I paid $28000 for a 2018 SV last november ...
Not that bad actually, SR's were 39850 without the Midnight package and I got that on top of the deal for 31K. Sold
my original wheels for 850. I did alright for an SR-M with zero miles. The best part was getting rid of the '14 Max which was
starting to get ornery and cranky with problems.

Last edited by 17MaxSR; 05-10-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just purchased a 2018 SL last night. Pearl white with cashmere interior. sticker was 40,000, paid 30,400 pre tax title. No prep fees
Old 06-04-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by crazy-b
Just purchased a 2018 SL last night. Pearl white with cashmere interior. sticker was 40,000, paid 30,400 pre tax title. No prep fees
Welcome! Sounds like a great car for a great price. What part of the world did you get this car from?
Old 06-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2019 Pearl White SL

I purchased a new 2019 Pearl White SL for $32,996 OTD (including tax, title, etc.) with a $3K trade in and no cash down. I got 1.9% Nissan financing. I traveled to a dealership in Griffin, Ga to get this deal.

I also had a deal in place with a Nissan dealership in Rome, Ga so I was able to use the two dealerships against each other to work out the best deal for me.

Last edited by GCode; 06-13-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:12 PM
MJP
Newbie - Just Registered

Just bought an 18 Platinum for 29k out the door.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by MJP
Just bought an 18 Platinum for 29k out the door.
Wow ... That is truly outstanding.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:07 AM
MJP
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow ... That is truly outstanding.
Well sorta a lie. After tags title and taxes it was closer to 32. The dealer wanted it off their lot.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by MJP
Well sorta a lie. After tags title and taxes it was closer to 32. The dealer wanted it off their lot.
So 32 OTD ... still outstanding for a brand new top of the line Maxim, even though it is not a 2019. Methinks you still should be very happy with the deal.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay? *new car shopper*