USB question - Maxima Forums

8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

USB question

Old 09-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #1

USB question

Sometimes when I start the car the flash drive starts again on the 1st song.
Any suggestions or is this something I just have to live with?
Thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #2

That's the nature of the beast. If you want continunity you will have to use the bluetooth function and play your music through a music app on your phone or other device. A USB flash drive does not have the software to remember where you were.

Last edited by 2young2retire; 09-13-2017 at 07:28 PM.
2young2retire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a fix. Using your cellphone, go in a super silent room. Record 3 mins of dead air. Name it (aaaaaaaaaa). This will always be you 1st song. When you enter your car
you will just hit the up track.
Decker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #4
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm listening to an audio book a loaded onto a USB stick and it has been keeping track of where I stopped listening. Having said that, I only started listening to the book yesterday and shut off and restarted the car about six times. If it's an intermittent problem, I haven't experienced it yet. I have shut the car off both with and without turning the audio system off.

It would be a huge pain if it went back to the beginning of the book every time I shut off the car. A deal-breaker, for sure.

Now, the problem I am having is that every time I start the car I get a message on the display screen asking me if I want to replace the voice recognition with data on the USB stick. I have to hit "No" every single time, as the message doesn't go away after a bit. This is a problem I need to resolve.
deanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrew View Post
I'm listening to an audio book a loaded onto a USB stick and it has been keeping track of where I stopped listening. Having said that, I only started listening to the book yesterday and shut off and restarted the car about six times. If it's an intermittent problem, I haven't experienced it yet. I have shut the car off both with and without turning the audio system off.

It would be a huge pain if it went back to the beginning of the book every time I shut off the car. A deal-breaker, for sure.

Now, the problem I am having is that every time I start the car I get a message on the display screen asking me if I want to replace the voice recognition with data on the USB stick. I have to hit "No" every single time, as the message doesn't go away after a bit. This is a problem I need to resolve.
Please keep us abreast on how it is working for you. I'm a big audio book fan and I just gave up on trying to listen to one loaded on a usb drive. It would sometime take up where it left off but more often go back to the beginning. Really annoying.

Last edited by 2young2retire; 09-16-2017 at 09:46 AM.
2young2retire is offline   Reply With Quote