All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Just contacted SportCompactCar...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
NO SWAP buddy!

I said Stock engine!

That's why ya'll busy swappin' now, cause you know that 190hp engine is weak.
Doensn't change the fact that 6th gens are pigs.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Likes them corn fed

guys,,, a max is a max.. no comparing years...

:::whispers:: 4th gen FTMFW!!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:38 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by DandyMax
Yah, so weak that you can make 270 N/A hp with it on stock internals (no cams) and run high 12's with a little weight reduction.

7 years older technology.
My point exactly. The 6th Gen is a better car anyway you think about it.

Whatever you can do to that engine I can do to the VQ35 and still be a better car.

Hell, I'm pushin' over 300 lb/ft or torque and all I have are intake, headers, and cat-back.

Whoever said a 1995 Max is better than a 6th Gen Max been sniffin too much VQ30 exhaust.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by Broaner
Every time I see a new Max I get disgusted. The styling is rediculous. Sure they haul but they are no longer midsize sedans. .
Sounds like jealousy to me.

Funny, I get nothing but compliments on my Max. I've allowed other people to drive my car and I can say my baby looks very aggressive and clean.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Likes them corn fed

it's not gonna matter when the skyline comes here...

every one from evo-sti-mustang-gto- to honda's to us,, will all have to put our tails in between our legs and respect
Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 AM

Whatever you can do to that engine I can do to the VQ35 and still be a better car.

Hell, I'm pushin' over 300 lb/ft or torque and all I have are intake, headers, and cat-back.

Whoever said a 1995 Max is better than a 6th Gen Max been sniffin too much VQ30 exhaust.
So which one is it lb/ft or torque? And this is at the wheels?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Alex_V

There are also a million Hyndais, a million Kias, a million Saturns out there. I guess they should make the mag too.

You're missing the point of the mag.

There is a mag for all those cars, no BS either. just straight race cars, no show garbage unless its acutally tasteful, and they usually have some power as well. Sound too good to be true? Its not just look at http://www.grmotorsports.com/ They even have a Challenge where you cant spend over $200X.

Now that brings out some kick *** cars for nothing. There was even a Z31 that placed 2 or 3rd over all and cost $1002. Now thats a mag to subscribe to! Note, They arent really fans of 1/4 only cars, so make sure it can handle too.

~Alex

Old 09-07-2006, 11:05 AM
dot dot dot ...

Sure they haul
404 ERROR, timeslips not found.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:05 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by SDot82
So which one is it lb/ft or torque? And this is at the wheels?
I see you tryin' to be funny. Thanks for the correction.

It's 256.3 at the wheels.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Hoooper

256.3 lb/ft, 256.3 pound 22" chrome wheels. theres no sport left in maximas, everyone that owns a pre 6th gen knows it, everyone that owns a 6th gen denies it. its a pointless argument

Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 AM

Just bored at work and 256 is not bad at all, better than mines right now without the spray lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hoooper
256.3 lb/ft, 256.3 pound 22" chrome wheels. theres no sport left in maximas, everyone that owns a pre 6th gen knows it, everyone that owns a 6th gen denies it. its a pointless argument
They arent that bad looking when lowered. The sport was gone after the 3rd gen, which is the one that got me into maximas (looks are different story).
Old 09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
dot dot dot ...

You need to dyno to redline to see what you will really put down. Your power was climbing, but then the shift @ 6k
Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 AM
brotherhood of tq

not much sport in fwd cars to be honest....they try to be sporty, but fail because they drag around their rear wheels
Old 09-07-2006, 12:05 PM
vsamoylov

The 6th Gen is a better car anyway you think about it.

1) no its not
2)so can alot of people on the org
3)welcome to the club then

Old 09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
1) no its not
2)so can alot of people on the org
3)welcome to the club then
i'd be mad too if I had to pay for a new car that looked like an elephant, weighed as much as one, and got beaten by cars of an older generation with older engines. I would be in denial as well.

And the vq35 i'm using isn't the 04 one, no need for the external EGR. Just clogs up the IM.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:20 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

and how much does it weigh? time slips?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by tavarish
i'd be mad too if I had to pay for a new car that looked like an elephant, weighed as much as one, and got beaten by cars of an older generation with older engines. I would be in denial as well.

And the vq35 i'm using isn't the 04 one, no need for the external EGR. Just clogs up the IM.
for soem reason i thought you had the vq35 from a 6th gen with the egr system back in it.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
aka The Doom Ship

I've never been beaten by any Maxima. What am I in denial for? I ain't the one cryin' cause my car won't make it into any magazine.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
aka The Doom Ship

and how much does it weigh? time slips?
Haven't weighed my car and haven't been down the track with it either. Of course that ain't the point of this thread anyway.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

I've never been beaten by any Maxima. What am I in denial for? I ain't the one cryin' cause my car won't make it into any magazine.
LOL. Who's cryin?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Haven't weighed my car and haven't been down the track with it either. Of course that ain't the point of this thread anyway.
The point of this thread was to share my story. You went off about how your IRS was so great, and how your car is better than a 95 max with no engine mods. In the same respect, my max can outperform and outhandle an 86 max. 9 year difference, right?

The maxima is not a sports car, and to compare it to supras and gt-r's would be foolish. All 3500lb cars do not handle the same. Having said that, I don't have a doubt it my head that my 2862lb max can outperform/outhandle your 04. Nothing against your car, but if you modify your car, you at build it to be better than the newest model, right?

Also, if I was buying a 20k car, Maxima would definitely not be my choice.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Give me a 6th Gen Max 6 spsd, intake, headers, catback, AFC, coilovers, and RSB. Take your 1995 Max 5spd, intake, headers, catback, AFC, coilovers, and RSB.

No other engine modifications.

You don't think I will smoke you and out-corner you? LOL! You're in fairy tail land.
DandyMax and ceasarschariot must own a house in fairy tale land in that case.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:17 PM
vsamoylov

tavarish calm down man. lol

Old 09-07-2006, 01:19 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

You can't be serious! His setup looks like crap! And you really think a rats nest like this will make a magazine???

That's another part of the problem, the engine bay of the Maximas out there that are turbo'd look horrible. They will never make it into a mag.

Now post some links to a CLEAN, polished turbo setup. Not something with a bunch of dirty wires and rusted looking pipes. sheeeshh.
you asked for a twin turbo maxima, and thats the first one. I never said anything about a magazine, i just said the placement was possible. Find your own pics of a clean polished setup. They're easy enough to obtain.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
tavarish calm down man. lol
i'm just stubborn, must be a russian thing.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:25 PM
brotherhood of tq

DandyMax and ceasarschariot must own a house in fairy tale land in that case.
i like ceasar and all but full interior i doubt he would beat his 6th gen...

if you compare things then they have to be fair and equal. i am sure if you make a 6thgen lighter like those guys have then it would be a more fair race
Old 09-07-2006, 01:25 PM
aka The Doom Ship

you asked for a twin turbo maxima, and thats the first one. I never said anything about a magazine, i just said the placement was possible. Find your own pics of a clean polished setup. They're easy enough to obtain.
No they're not. Hence, why you won't post any, hence the Max hasn't made a mag.

Sorry you're so upset.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

No they're not. Hence, why you won't post any, hence the Max hasn't made a mag.

Sorry you're so upset.

You were saying?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:07 PM
aka The Doom Ship

You were saying?
Yeah, I can see that setup making it into a mag. Looks good. Does your engine bay look like that?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No. I happen to share that option with tons of people on these boards. Half the .org isn't crazy simply because they disagree with you.

IMO a VQ35 swapped 4th gen is a far superior platform than a 6th gen. I'm not alone to think that. Deal with it.

Sounds like jealousy to me..
Broaner drives a fully independent suspension RWD coupe that weighs less than a metric ton. Believe me when I say that he has absolutely no reason to be jealous of you.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
3.5 in the works

Dandy, do you have anything in mind for cars yet or are you totally unbiased still? A seriously bad@ss S15 seems to me like it would fit you really well. You're always doing this wierd and crazy electronic trickery.
I am still totally unbiased. The RWD car will be after I'm finished with the Max, which will be a couple years away for sure.

So are you saying my power level and 1/4 mi times are all due to "electronic trickery" and nothing to do with the hundreds of hours I've spent working on all the mechanical systems also? lol
Old 09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You wouldn't have gotten there without your "electronic trickery".

But everything goes together. I was pretty satisfied with 1.7xx's in a FWD car and I think you should be too. That means there isn't a problem between the steering wheel and the seat
Old 09-07-2006, 03:37 PM
3.5 in the works

No, that is simply a matter of opinion, better is in the eye of the beholder.

No, that just makes the engine better, not the whole car.

The maxima is not a sports car, and to compare it to supras and gt-r's would be foolish.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by liquidvenom
i like ceasar and all but full interior i doubt he would beat his 6th gen...

if you compare things then they have to be fair and equal. i am sure if you make a 6thgen lighter like those guys have then it would be a more fair race
You're right, the comparisons are pointless because they're apples to oranges. But just for fun I think you'd have to take what, 400-500 lbs out of a 6th gen to get it to the stock weight of the 4th gen. But to do that then oops! now the car don't look so good and there goes the mag article. lol

But you're right.. this whole thing is kinda pointless. Just a fun argument.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by JClaw
You wouldn't have gotten there without your "electronic trickery".

But everything goes together. I was pretty satisfied with 1.7xx's in a FWD car and I think you should be too. That means there isn't a problem between the steering wheel and the seat
Yes exactly, I never said the electronics didn't play into it, but honestly... the tuning and what not is probably only 1/3 of the equation. And I have pulled 1.7's without the 2-step too

I am happy with the 1.7's but as you know I have a lot of room for improvement in the suspension so I'm hoping to better that 1.76 by a fair margin yet... 1.6's would really be cool, if I can manage it... we shall see...
Old 09-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Father of the 00 VI

iam in the 1.7's club and my suspsension has a couple blown struts and over 150k on it , I do NOT get axle hop nore torque steer at all if i had great coilovers i could get 1.6's. i have 0 problems with my FWD its more effiecient and lighter than rwd and i love the crowds that pour love down on me when i race.

and i dont care what you think at my track theres supras, 300zx 's and stis and evos i get much more attention . I know why because they actually come up to me and tell me why . One my car is the only max they see there .two very diff and something they never exspected to be there and run a decent time . i

and you know what theres people who come looking for my car after i race one guy said to me " you put my mustang to shame" they ask many ?'s there very interested many cant believe iam not boosted.

the bottom line is theres a market for cars like ours and many others to be seen in mags but these mads are so hooked on crome and dubbs they dont see it . i hate car magazines there getting worse filled with rice and the same 5 cars and the new trend now is a girl on every page .
SCC use to be better you could see cars in there with rust in the engine bay.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:08 PM
aka The Doom Ship

No, that is simply a matter of opinion, better is in the eye of the beholder.

No, that just makes the engine better, not the whole car.
Splitting hairs once again,
Let me make it more broad for you:
Whatever you can do to your 1995 Max, without touching the actual engine and no FI or Nitrous, I can do to my 6th Gen Maxima and I guarantee you I will out perform you in EVERY way!

And I don't need to get down to a stock 4th Gen weight either.

My engine produces more power and for a longer duration and revs higher. no win there

I'll smoke you in a straight line. no win there

I will out corner you and accelerate out of the corner quicker.(all things equal, ie. we both had coilovers). no win there

Trust me bro, you would lose all the way around.

Having said that it WILL be a better car.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:11 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by krismax
iam in the 1.7's club and my suspsension has a couple blown struts and over 150k on it , I do NOT get axle hop nore torque steer at all if i had great coilovers i could get 1.6's. i have 0 problems with my FWD its more effiecient and lighter than rwd and i love the crowds that pour love down on me when i race.

and i dont care what you think at my track theres supras, 300zx 's and stis and evos i get much more attention . I know why because they actually come up to me and tell me why . One my car is the only max they see there .two very diff and something they never exspected to be there and run a decent time . i

and you know what theres people who come looking for my car after i race one guy said to me " you put my mustang to shame" they ask many ?'s there very interested many cant believe iam boosted.

the bottom line is theres a market for cars like ours and many others to be seen in mags but these mads are so hooked on crome and dubbs they dont see it . i hate car magazines there getting worse filled with rice and the same 5 cars and the new trend now is a girl on every page .
SCC use to be better you could see cars in there with rust in the engine bay.

Your car is also ridiculously light, which somewhat makes up for the lack of coilovers. But I hear you about the track attention. Here no else shows up in a Max either (well unless Jime's there.. lol) and people are shocked to see it go so fast. After winning the Z car bracket event all those guys were coming up wanting to check out the car, even the guys with faster cars than mine. And every one of them is dumbfounded when they can't find the bottle or the snail. The cool thing is that all the RWD/V8/domestic guys are so much more respectful and gracious about getting beat than the punk kids in the ricemobiles. Or even if they're faster than you they're still respectful and interested to see how the car goes that fast...
Old 09-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Father of the 00 VI

Your car is also ridiculously light, which somewhat makes up for the lack of coilovers. But I hear you about the track attention. Here no else shows up in a Max either (well unless Jime's there.. lol) and people are shocked to see it go so fast. After winning the Z car bracket event all those guys were coming up wanting to check out the car, even the guys with faster cars than mine. And every one of them is dumbfounded when they can't find the bottle or the snail. The cool thing is that all the RWD/V8/domestic guys are so much more respectful and gracious about getting beat than the punk kids in the ricemobiles. Or even if they're faster than you they're still respectful and interested to see how the car goes that fast...
yes its light to bad i weigh 260lbs but it could be lighter wheres my resisiter info ill pay if you make me one also
Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Dandy and Kris- you guys are my heros

Once I get my clutch in next few weeks along with Raxles I'm stripping my 5th gen and hitting the track, I am going for the record for a 3.0L also... slicks and all.... F-K the big brake kit I wanted

Oh Dandy ya wanna hook a brotha up with some tips on EU ??

Quick Reply: Just contacted SportCompactCar...