All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Just contacted SportCompactCar...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:03 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Dude, I've seen the vid of your car. It might be fast but it looks....well...much to be desired.
this is about performance, you said so yourself.

And the 240 looks more like a sports car than a Maxima ever will.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:08 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

If that's all you got from my posts then you need to get hooked on phonics.
That's the gist of your posts. That, and being critical of every car that isn't yours.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:09 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

I never said a 6th Gen will make a mag either.
did I say that it wouldn't? I'm just saying how much better the 6th gen is overall to the 4th gen.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
brotherhood of tq

i still fail to understand how this arguement makes any sense from either side.

freddy oem, a 6th gen will out perform a 4th gen. plain and simple. it might suck but thats just how it is.

that 6th gen guy....your car isn't the end all of all cars. its a nissan which mean syou were to cheap to afford a nicer car like the rest of us. u spent nearly 30k on something that isnt worth anything near that, plus you should have saved up and bought something worth the cash.

calling a car bucktoothed doesnt help anyone to listen to what you have to say on a subject. and once you mod a 4th gen by swaping in a different motor or even a cai it is no long a fair race. and it seems everyone forgets about the bicycle tires our 4th gens come from the factory with compared to the much wider and more performance minded tires....well more performance minded then our 4th gen oem trash.

and vasily we can bash the vq, its probally one of the best motors strapped to the worlds worst car. our cars could have been so much more if it was rwd, irs and was around the same wieght it is now. but we cant change that so ohh well.

i think its best to drop this subject since comparing modded cars to other modded ones are pointless. and the mag was gay.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:57 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by liqidvenom

freddy oem, a 6th gen will out perform a 4th gen. plain and simple. it might suck but thats just how it is.

that 6th gen guy....your car isn't the end all of all cars. its a nissan which mean syou were to cheap to afford a nicer car like the rest of us. u spent nearly 30k on something that isnt worth anything near that, plus you should have saved up and bought something worth the cash.

calling a car bucktoothed doesnt help anyone to listen to what you have to say on a subject. and once you mod a 4th gen by swaping in a different motor or even a cai it is no long a fair race. and it seems everyone forgets about the bicycle tires our 4th gens come from the factory with compared to the much wider and more performance minded tires....well more performance minded then our 4th gen oem trash.

and vasily we can bash the vq, its probally one of the best motors strapped to the worlds worst car. our cars could have been so much more if it was rwd, irs and was around the same wieght it is now. but we cant change that so ohh well.

i think its best to drop this subject since comparing modded cars to other modded ones are pointless. and the mag was gay.
I said comparing a 6th gen to a 10 year old car is foolish, i think i said that 3 times during the thread. i even went on to say my car stock could crush a 2nd gen max. Same crap.

lol you're one to say about comparing modded cars.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree you just cant compare the 2. I still think a stock max can beat a stock TL in 1/4 mile tho. 4th gen all the way baby. Opinions r golden.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:08 AM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by tavarish
I said comparing a 6th gen to a 10 year old car is foolish, i think i said that 3 times during the thread. i even went on to say my car stock could crush a 2nd gen max. Same crap.

lol you're one to say about comparing modded cars.
i never said that you are comparing anything...your need to go back to what i mentioned with your name
Old 09-08-2006, 06:34 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by liqidvenom

Never said my car was the end of all cars. That would be foolish.

I spent over 30k and under 35k for a car that stood alone in the 4dr, V6, NA bracket.

And to the person that mentioned the 2004 TL with 270hp that car is over 35K. I specifically said under 35K.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:38 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by Broaner
If Max's were RWD they'd be the best entry level sport sedan on the Market every gen except the 6th.
This was the first comparison on this thread. Not that I find anything wrong with comparing the different Gens.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
aka The Doom Ship

My intention was never to bash any gen Maxima. I got defensive when ya'll started dissin' my Gen(6th). Then I had to set the record straight.

My input on this thread was to simply give my opinion on why I feel that Maximas(any gen) are not making it into the magazines.

Instead of bashing Supras, GT-Rs, Eclipses, Hondas, etc, my message to ya'll is to step ya game up. I guarantee the magazines will begin to take notice.

Also remember because we are Maximas, editors expect to see clean, tastefully done modifications.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:51 AM

I still dont get how people can say its not worth the 30k price tag. When I was in the market for my 6th gen it was between the 04 and an 03 5.5 gen for about 5k less. That was a no brainer for me because the 6th gen had a LOT more room, more options, better styling(MY opinion). Ive heard nothing but compliments about the car and heard on more than 1 occassion that it looks like a 4 door Z. The only people I have heard negative comments from about the 6th gen are older max owners, the bashing never stops. Theres certain members that are ALWAYS in on it and just have to voice their opinion whether they were attacked or not. Im not saying u have to like the car but can u at least be mature enough to respect other peoples choices and opinions without letting out some childish remark about how much u dont like the car.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think that anyone who has read this thread has taken 10 points from their IQ....I've never seen such a retarded pissing contest, and about 99% of what was said could have been said in a single post from each person...this should be locked by now, or better yet, deleted so that no poor soul can lay their eyes on it ever again.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM

Exclamation

AllBlackMax: interesting points on the thread. I often chat with your buddy GLude and he suggested I should contact you for a friendly run b/c we are in the same area and you claim to have never lost to another Maxima before. I don't have as many mods as you and I don't have the best Max generation ever (just a lowly 5.5) but maybe I can give you a run for the money. Wouldnt mind hitting up the track if you're game, lemme know! I'd also like to check out your 6th gen as I don't see too many fixed up ones around here.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Maxima Owner

I am dumber now....i got an Idea....lets take a 4th gen and 6th gen with comparable mods or STOCK...to auto-x or roadcourse and see who wins and by how much with an impartial driver.....cause u know Driving ability has alot to do with being fast on a circuit
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Hmm, useless argueing and bickering. This is no longer benifiting anyone in the All Motor forum. Karate lock!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM

Ninja post, Mtrai locked it down