Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Just got my speakerhole box... READ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 02:24 PM
mb1

Just got my speakerhole box... READ!!!

To all you people looking for a new subwoofer box, look no further then www.speakerhole.com. I ordered a custom box from them last week and I just got it today. It's a dual 15" box, with 1.75cuf per chamber, 3/4 mdf, high quality speaker terminals, with black carpet. Guess how much all this was...............$70 shipped!!!

The fit and finish of the box is great. All the seams inside are sealed with sealant, which none of my previous boxes had(I had to seal them myself) The carpet is put on perfectly, there is no exposed wood. The speaker trminals are fully gold plated banana plugs. The packaging of the box was good too. I cringed when the UPS guy carelessly dropped the box hard on the corner, but with all the bubble wrap in there nothing was damaged.

Anyway, they can build pretty much anything you want ported or sealed, and for a very reasonable price. I recomend them very much to people not into building their own box.

I'll have pics soon.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Sin

Re: Just got my speakerhole box... READ!!!

Originally posted by mb1
To all you people looking for a new subwoofer box, look no further then www.speakerhole.com. I ordered a custom box from them last week and I just got it today. It's a dual 15" box, with 1.75cuf per chamber, 3/4 mdf, high quality speaker terminals, with black carpet. Guess how much all this was...............$70 shipped!!!

The fit and finish of the box is great. All the seams inside are sealed with sealant, which none of my previous boxes had(I had to seal them myself) The carpet is put on perfectly, there is no exposed wood. The speaker trminals are fully gold plated banana plugs. The packaging of the box was good too. I cringed when the UPS guy carelessly dropped the box hard on the corner, but with all the bubble wrap in there nothing was damaged.

Anyway, they can build pretty much anything you want ported or sealed, and for a very reasonable price. I recomend them very much to people not into building their own box.

I'll have pics soon.
What kind of 15"'s are you planning on running in there? I have about 5 cubic feet for my single 15", and optimal would be something closer to 7 for my JBL 15" GTi. So I can't see any 15" running anywhere near optimal in there. That is unless it had beyond ridiculous excursion, i.e. a sub with VERY poor reactivity with smaller volume as a tradeoff. BTW, 1.5", atleast for the face plate would be MUCH better. Also, what kind of bracing did they put in there?

That is a pretty good price, but then again, you get what you pay for. And for serious bassheads, this box simply won't do.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:12 PM

Re: Just got my speakerhole box... READ!!!

Yeah, speakerhole has great prices and the boxes are good quality, but I've had some problems with them. They don't seem to read the comments field too closely on the orders. Once I ordered a box and in the comments section I requested that it be ported but it wasn't. Recently I ordered a box and instead of sending it with a circular cutout as requested I recieved a square cutout. If you have any special needs with the box its better to e-mail them before ordering.

Originally posted by mb1

I'll have pics soon.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:11 AM
mb1

Re: Re: Just got my speakerhole box... READ!!!

Originally posted by Sin

What kind of 15"'s are you planning on running in there? I have about 5 cubic feet for my single 15", and optimal would be something closer to 7 for my JBL 15" GTi. So I can't see any 15" running anywhere near optimal in there. That is unless it had beyond ridiculous excursion, i.e. a sub with VERY poor reactivity with smaller volume as a tradeoff. BTW, 1.5", atleast for the face plate would be MUCH better. Also, what kind of bracing did they put in there?

That is a pretty good price, but then again, you get what you pay for. And for serious bassheads, this box simply won't do.

They can do any custom order. So 1.5 faceplate, with bracing and anything else you might want they do. My box is just regular so I guess I'm not a serious basshead.