Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Wanted: '99 Bose Radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 06:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wanted: '99 Bose Radio

Hi all. Just got myself a '99 SE a couple of weeks ago and I gotta say I love the car. I considered a Honda or a Toy, but the looks and character of the Maxima were just too much to overcome. The car does have a few flaws, but all in all it's one helluva car.

Speaking of flaws...the stock Bose radio is missing a couple of buttons. I've searched the local wrecking yards hoping to find some but no one has any. So now I'm left with trying to find a new radio. Problem is, I'm having a hard time locating one. I figure I'm gonna pay about $100 for a new "used" one. I know, I know, some would call me crazy for wanting to spend that much on a used stock radio. But I'm satisfied with the Bose system and I like the way it looks - clean, like it's meant to be there. My question is this - do 99's use a year specific radio that won't fit other years and vice versa? Like I said, eBay has quite a few but none that look exactly like mine (I've got a photo of mine to post, but I can't figure out how to post it - yet). Are the dimensions the same? Will the other year's radios fit? Will there be any complications in trying to install another year's radio? Does anyone have any buttons or a stock Bose AM/FM/Cass/CD radio they'd be willing to part with? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:33 AM

hey man, congrats on your new max,

here is the story on the bose headunits...The 95-99 maximas with the bose system all used essentially the same headunits, i.e. they are all interchangeable as far as size and harnesses/plugs. The only difference is what you already noticed, the faces are different, but its purely cosmetic. 95-96 had one face, then it was changed for 97-98, and then again for '99. But, again they're all basically the same radio. Any bose unit from 95-99 will fit and function in your car, as long as you don't mind the different face. good luck.

also, FYI here is '99 bose headunit - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1873211380
Old 11-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have your bose unit let me know if you want to sell the one you have so in other words i will sell you one that is fresh out off a 98 GLE and is an exact replacement of yours and i will take the one that you have. secondly there is a slight difference b/w those bose units some of them doesnt have the CD changer control jack so check into that
Sal