Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

PS2 Mounting ?'s/any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

PS2 Mounting ?'s/any suggestions

I finally put a tv, and ps2 in my maxima, and now i'm wondering where i should put the ps2. Right now i have it mounted on the passengers side, under the glovebox. But the way i have it mounted it slides back and forth and you have to pull it out to open it usually. My 2 question are: Anyone know where i should mount it? Anyone tried mounting it in the passengers airbag spot yet? Second question, Do they even make a dc adapter for ps2, i cannot find one and i've looked everywhere. What i'm doing right now is using a converter ac/dc but thats just more wires... If thats what everyone is doing, did you hardwire the converter? My cigarrette lighter fuse keeps blowing so i'm going to have to hardwire bother the ps2 and my radar decter so i'm looking for the best possible solution. Well thanx in advance for any help.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:20 PM

I'd leave the passenger side airbag alone, you'd feel like $h!t if someone dies and they say... if he'd had an airbag... have you considered disassembling the Ps2? Pretty useful, i helped a friend mount a disassembled PS1, not too hard really, na di don't know if there's a third party DC adapter but with a little radio shack and/or fry's would have the parts to let you thrown one together witha a bit of work. as for fuses...what are you running the screen off of? Is it a scren designed for cars or something else? either way i would say hardwire the whole thing, much safer and cleaner when done!
Old 02-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Soul Fly

PM esfooni23 - he had one in his 4th gen. he took it out RIGHT before his system got jacked.

Old 02-10-2003, 03:13 PM

put it in your glove box...its hides it...
Old 02-10-2003, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by ThumpinMaxima
put it in your glove box...its hides it...

who has that ??
Old 02-10-2003, 04:27 PM

It doesn't fit in the glove box. Hmmmm i still don't know, i'm not gonna mess with the airbag i think i'll just improve on where its mounted now. Its pretty nicely tucked away. I'm gonna work on hardwiring my power inverter and see is that works. If it does I'll probably just leave it where it is, i'll post pix as soon as i get my damn digi cam thats been on back order for close to a month. FYI the screen is set up already, i've got it running off the power wire for my subs, It is fused but the fuse is huge so that worries me alil, but no problems with it yet so it should be ok. Any more suggestions? I'm also looking for a smooth and inventive way to hold my DvD's/Games i don't wanna use a case or a visor holder cause i know they both scratch cd's and dvd's much more expensive.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by TonyGotSkilz
It doesn't fit in the glove box. Hmmmm i still don't know, i'm not gonna mess with the airbag i think i'll just improve on where its mounted now. Its pretty nicely tucked away. I'm gonna work on hardwiring my power inverter and see is that works. If it does I'll probably just leave it where it is, i'll post pix as soon as i get my damn digi cam thats been on back order for close to a month. FYI the screen is set up already, i've got it running off the power wire for my subs, It is fused but the fuse is huge so that worries me alil, but no problems with it yet so it should be ok. Any more suggestions? I'm also looking for a smooth and inventive way to hold my DvD's/Games i don't wanna use a case or a visor holder cause i know they both scratch cd's and dvd's much more expensive.
are u sure it doesnt fit mine fits fine...
Old 02-11-2003, 07:40 AM

Did you take yours apart? or did you just mess with the glovebox? Cause if i have to i don't mind MAKING it fit