Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

NEED HELP!!! Alarm Install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 10:46 AM

NEED HELP!!! Alarm Install?

Hey guys! I am in a bit of a problem. I was having an alarm and remote start installed to day and the guy that was doing it screewed up my door locks! I think it has something to do with the smart mudual. So my question is does anyone have a wireing diagram for a 2002 maxima. I really need it becuase my car is all taken apart right now and I need to get this done.......PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 10:08 PM

What diagrams do you need? And what is your email?
Old 04-20-2003, 03:38 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: NEED HELP!!! Alarm Install?

Originally posted by jimz02max
Hey guys! I am in a bit of a problem. I was having an alarm and remote start installed to day and the guy that was doing it screewed up my door locks! I think it has something to do with the smart mudual. So my question is does anyone have a wireing diagram for a 2002 maxima. I really need it becuase my car is all taken apart right now and I need to get this done.......PLEASE HELP!!!!
Email me and I can provide them for you , if still needed. BTW, the doorlocks are one of the easiest parts of doing that car. Was it def the installers that messed up?

--Don
Old 04-20-2003, 04:25 PM

It was the installer. But the guy was doing it on the side for me. He tried testing some wires out and I guess he tested them out near the smart modual, then the door locks didn't work. Also, the slider part of the moonroof didn't work for all day yesturday. I tried it this morning and it worked . Oh ya, when the drivers side door is unlocked I can hit the button to lock it and it will, but it won't unlock. The rest of the door locks don't work at all. My e-mail address is: j.cushion@verizon.net
Hope you guys can help!
Old 04-20-2003, 05:08 PM

Door locks: In order for them to work, you have to run 2 wires into the driver's door and tap them there. If your installer tapped them at the SECU, then that would explain why nothing works correctly. The SECU only has one wire coming from the door. Inside the driver's door, there is a CPU that has 2 wires in (lock and unlock) and 1 wire out (varying voltage sent to SECU). You have to tap the door-side of the CPU in the door. There's not another way around it.

As for the lock working, but unlock doesn't, that's an easy fix. Look in your manual to find the setting for "double-pulse unlock". Set that to "on". The unlock should work now. The car requires 2 pulses (double pulse) to unlock all the doors. You will lose the progressive unlocking feature that the factory alarm offered, but it will unlock all doors at once.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:54 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally posted by studman
Door locks: In order for them to work, you have to run 2 wires into the driver's door and tap them there. If your installer tapped them at the SECU, then that would explain why nothing works correctly. The SECU only has one wire coming from the door. Inside the driver's door, there is a CPU that has 2 wires in (lock and unlock) and 1 wire out (varying voltage sent to SECU). You have to tap the door-side of the CPU in the door. There's not another way around it.

As for the lock working, but unlock doesn't, that's an easy fix. Look in your manual to find the setting for "double-pulse unlock". Set that to "on". The unlock should work now. The car requires 2 pulses (double pulse) to unlock all the doors. You will lose the progressive unlocking feature that the factory alarm offered, but it will unlock all doors at once.
Couldnt have explained it better myself..

--Don
Old 04-20-2003, 07:38 PM

Thanks studman. I just spent 2 hours printing the electrical sytem part of the 2002 maxima service manual and then just read this . Oh well, at least now I have the info the guy needs to fix the problem. Thanks again1 Jim.