Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

opinions on these 12" Audiobahns...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Longboarderphil

hell yea man everyones got a bass head inside of them...i rocked out with 4 kicker comp Vr 12's in my 240sx hatch...yea that was alot of fun and very loud

Old 10-14-2004, 06:28 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Longboarder...I see that your a huge fan of ID, as you are pushing them. But tend to not like the W7 too much. You Are away they are basically one in the same correct?

Although Zapco amps are still up there, there are still others Easily comparable if not better. I would still take my Arc before C2Ks.

Alpines processor/HU setup is def overpriced. Much more comparible if not better can be had for less money.

Not trying to bring you down, just stating the flipside of the coin, as you have pointed out what You like.

--Don
Old 10-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

kloogster you think your alums can beat two idmax's? you're running 1kw rms right? you're talking about giving two idmax's 1kw total or what? i'm not hating or anything. as for longboard id's are good but you are totally contradicting yourself with the jl and re sucks but id is best
Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Longboarderphil

Jl subs are decent. their sound is OK but there speakers are way over priced. How often do see JL audio subs in a sound competition. Only newbies use them in sound competitions. ID and Alpine make the best subs and processors IMHO. find me something comparable, but right now i use the best b/c i know its proven to win. MY shop swept every class in the slap show finals in maryland, with a first place trophy. so when u compare JL to ID thats like comparing apples to oranges. I will go up against anyone on this forum for SQ and SPL. but my main class is sq. i will hit 151.3 DB all day long and without a trance of distortion.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longboarderphil
Jl subs are decent. their sound is OK but there speakers are way over priced. How often do see JL audio subs in a sound competition. Only newbies use them in sound competitions. ID and Alpine make the best subs and processors IMHO. find me something comparable, but right now i use the best b/c i know its proven to win. MY shop swept every class in the slap show finals in maryland, with a first place trophy. so when u compare JL to ID thats like comparing apples to oranges. I will go up against anyone on this forum for SQ and SPL. but my main class is sq. i will hit 151.3 DB all day long and without a trance of distortion.
lol just shut up. alpine doesn't make the best subs. and it's not just the newbs that use jl in comps. you are an idiot i'm not even gonna take the time to explain why. i'm not saying id is bad but your explanation on why this and that is just retarded. sorry but you're an idiot
Old 10-17-2004, 11:03 AM

the best subs are PYLE
Old 10-17-2004, 03:40 PM

visionik, lanzar, boss
Old 10-17-2004, 04:33 PM

does anyone here have kicker amps? are those good i never seen neone with a kicker amp
Old 10-18-2004, 08:02 AM

I have a pair of 10" Kicker Comps that are about 7 years old, and they still crank....great subs. My other choice (although I haven't heard them yet) would be Infinity Kappa Perfect...they make an awesome speaker with great sound and power handling.
I swear by Infinity for any/every mid/high/component speaker, whether it be house or car, but yet have to hear one of their subs....anyone have them?

As for Audiobahn...ack! Might as well some subs from JC Whitney and save $50.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:06 PM

If those subs were designed properly they wouldnt destroy themselves. You do not simply design a speaker and notice that it damages itself, and then say, "well lets just make it replacable so the end user can pay for our misengineering"

There is no way for the cones to dent without flexing. That is complete obvious physics. How else does metal get from point A to point B. Please tell me if there is any other way, I am open to learning new things. But as far as I see it, DLS and ID Max must then have cone flex.

They are great subs none the less.

The XXX wont kill itself.

A lot of the SQ judges I know are stuck up and *think* they know what something is *supposed* to sound like, some of them like sounds that would not please a normal person. Good mentioning you install things that win competitions, and pointing out that its a judge, not necesarily what sounds good.

We should make a new thread just to argue about it
Old 10-18-2004, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
does anyone here have kicker amps? are those good i never seen neone with a kicker amp
kicker amps are good, a lot of people have them, quite underrated. i think i read a birthsheet for a 1200.1 that read 1447 or something crazy like that. everyone that ones one says their good powerhouses. i dont think they're very efficient though and their price is a little steep for me (of course it's still middle of the road price but it ain't no budget amp)

Originally Posted by jmal
I have a pair of 10" Kicker Comps that are about 7 years old, and they still crank....great subs. My other choice (although I haven't heard them yet) would be Infinity Kappa Perfect...they make an awesome speaker with great sound and power handling.
I swear by Infinity for any/every mid/high/component speaker, whether it be house or car, but yet have to hear one of their subs....anyone have them?

As for Audiobahn...ack! Might as well some subs from JC Whitney and save $50.
how could you even swear by infinity...shame on you for spreading bad advice lol seriously their car products suck
Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Longboarderphil

i meant that ID makes the best subs and alpine the best processors and headunits...where are your SQ trophies to show off....ill be at the next sound comp on the east coast...come there and ill show u what ID's have...next time read the post more thoroughly and u wont get confused about what i said.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:13 PM

i meant that ID makes the best subs and alpine the best processors and headunits...where are your SQ trophies to show off....ill be at the next sound comp on the east coast...come there and ill show u what ID's have...next time read the post more thoroughly and u wont get confused about what i said.

Your still basing your statements on opinions I see. ID does not make the "Best subs" Nor does Alpine make the "Best Processors". There is WAY to much speculation on the term "Best" anything.

You also claim to not like the W7, and swear by the IDMAX. You do of course realize (Because your a pro) that they are one in the same. I would hope that someone that throws out some of these comments would at least have all their onfo correct first.

BTW...Please dont take the I have trophies approach with me. Yes I can and will produce them, in fact they are dated back to when you were in elementary school, as does my IASCA membership. Not a flame, just stating the facts to avoid further confusion here.

--Don
Old 10-18-2004, 10:19 PM

Talk about a die-hard fanatic
Old 10-19-2004, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by ighettoboyi
how could you even swear by infinity...shame on you for spreading bad advice lol seriously their car products suck

Thats my opinion...sorry ghetto, didn't mean to offend you. I can't say anything bad about my last system...which was all Infinity (except for the subs).
Old 10-19-2004, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Your still basing your statements on opinions I see. ID does not make the "Best subs" Nor does Alpine make the "Best Processors". There is WAY to much speculation on the term "Best" anything.

You also claim to not like the W7, and swear by the IDMAX. You do of course realize (Because your a pro) that they are one in the same. I would hope that someone that throws out some of these comments would at least have all their onfo correct first.

BTW...Please dont take the I have trophies approach with me. Yes I can and will produce them, in fact they are dated back to when you were in elementary school, as does my IASCA membership. Not a flame, just stating the facts to avoid further confusion here.

--Don
buahaha!!!

A 'PRO' should know that Image Dynamics builds the W7 for JL, and that the IDmax is a cheaper version of it that- without JL's design and success, ID would have never afforded to build it

That being said- ID makes great stuff, the only HU Alpine has with any good processing is the F1 status- the rest are average

Longboarderphil....I'd like to know some names of these competitors you mention you compete with......
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 AM

so whats better than alpine if its average?
Old 10-20-2004, 01:51 PM

Dons the man
Old 10-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Longboarderphil

Where have u heard that about JL and Image Dynamics...i even asked the shop owner. He never heard of such a thing...i also compete in Slap shows. They are usually all over the east coast. last one was in MD. Last show there i won 2nd place in EXPERT class. with a blown midrange. Oh well sh*t happens. and just to let you know ID has been around longer than JL and their designs are completely different so show me some proof about ID and JL working in conjunction with eachother. im not doubting you but i find it extremely hard to believe

Old 10-21-2004, 08:34 AM

Where have u heard that about JL and Image Dynamics...i even asked the shop owner. He never heard of such a thing...i also compete in Slap shows. They are usually all over the east coast. last one was in MD. Last show there i won 2nd place in EXPERT class. with a blown midrange. Oh well sh*t happens. and just to let you know ID has been around longer than JL and their designs are completely different so show me some proof about ID and JL working in conjunction with eachother. im not doubting you but i find it extremely hard to believe
Then you wouldnt mind posting your full name and IASCA sanction number...

Maybe your shop owner does, or does not know everything behind what he sells, but please feel free to do some research on it. You will find these to be facts. Obviously JL would be the last to admit to it. And due to contract stipulations, Im sure ID isnt allowed to disclose this info. BTW...my JL rep is actually informed me of this. Keep in mind JL does not, nor ever has made their own equiptment.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:34 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....05#post3314805
check out my setup $600+shipping.