Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Installing a cva-1005???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2001 | 11:41 AM

ok, tried installing my cva-1005, everything works great, but, there's always a but....but when the radio is on w/the car off there is a loud whine, and when you start the car, theres alternator noise, why? also, i have the 12disc changer, and it reads it on the screen as playing, but no sound through the speakers...... now i have a 97'max w/bose, and when i hooked up the cva, i had to use an amp cuz the last person that owned the cva, didn't have the speaker wires in the harness......so can anyone help me???????????????????????
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by pawn
ok, tried installing my cva-1005, everything works great, but, there's always a but....but when the radio is on w/the car off there is a loud whine, and when you start the car, theres alternator noise, why? also, i have the 12disc changer, and it reads it on the screen as playing, but no sound through the speakers...... now i have a 97'max w/bose, and when i hooked up the cva, i had to use an amp cuz the last person that owned the cva, didn't have the speaker wires in the harness......so can anyone help me???????????????????????

Your first problem is definitely a poor ground. Make sure you have a good, solid, clean ground with a decent gauge wire.

The other probs I'll need to think about...
Old 05-01-2001 | 10:45 AM

Help me Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!

ok I fixed the sound problem w/ a better ground, and a couple ground loop isolators, but the changer has yet to work!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! RADIO SUCKS!!!! also, having a bit of trouble figuring out were to run the Yellow/blue wire that is supposed to go the the hand/parking brake....... cuz im trying to put Playstation in my car but it wont show up on the monitor cuz i don't know were to run that wire to in my max!!!!! please help anthony i know you experienced w/the 1005
Old 05-01-2001 | 01:50 PM

Re: Help me Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!

ok I fixed the sound problem w/ a better ground, and a couple ground loop isolators, but the changer has yet to work!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! RADIO SUCKS!!!! also, having a bit of trouble figuring out were to run the Yellow/blue wire that is supposed to go the the hand/parking brake....... cuz im trying to put Playstation in my car but it wont show up on the monitor cuz i don't know were to run that wire to in my max!!!!! please help anthony i know you experienced w/the 1005
WHat year is your Max? I can look and see what wire it is.

You should just buy a multimedia timer so you don't have to worry about the video/brake issue.

http://www.pacific-audio.com/timer.html

What do you mean 'radio sucks?'

Ground loop isolators can greatly reduce your sound quality. I'd get rid of them if you can, and just make sure your grounds are excellent.

What is the cd-changer problem? You can't hear anything? But you can hear audio from other sources?
Old 05-01-2001 | 01:57 PM

Re: Help me Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!

WHat year is your Max? I can look and see what wire it is.

You should just buy a multimedia timer so you don't have to worry about the video/brake issue.

http://www.pacific-audio.com/timer.html

What do you mean 'radio sucks?'

Ground loop isolators can greatly reduce your sound quality. I'd get rid of them if you can, and just make sure your grounds are excellent.

What is the cd-changer problem? You can't hear anything? But you can hear audio from other sources?
Old 05-01-2001 | 02:55 PM

Multimedia timer!!!!!!!!!!!1

$130 FOR THAT THING, ive seen something thats supposed to do the same thing on ebay for like $25!!!! whats the difference!

When i said Radio sucks, i meant cuz in my town there's only 2 radio stations, country and like old people music!!! my car is a 97'

w/the cd changer, on the cva1005 screen, it shows that the cd is playing, but there is no audio!!!!, but i get audio from the radio, so its not my speakers, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2001 | 08:04 AM

Re: Multimedia timer!!!!!!!!!!!1

$130 FOR THAT THING, ive seen something thats supposed to do the same thing on ebay for like $25!!!! whats the difference!

The difference is the PA one WORKS.

Also, you don't have to deal with the PA one, no switches, or anything. It just works transparently -- no need to flick switches, all that crap.

Worth every dime. I have one, it rocks. I couldn't use my computer without it.

w/the cd changer, on the cva1005 screen, it shows that the cd is playing, but there is no audio!!!!, but i get audio from the radio, so its not my speakers, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
Are you sure the AI-Net bus is working properly? One way to find out (this is why Alpine dealers are cool places to get things like this done ) is to plug another cd-changer into it. See if the problem persists. If not, your CD-changer is somehow defective. If so, it may be the bus itself or something in the head unit.

Try this -- plug an audio output device (speakers, whatever) into the aux output on the cva brain. Play the CD-changer. Can you hear it thru the AUX output? If you can, your AINet bus is working fine, and the head unit isn't sending the cd sound to the speakers, but it's being received by the brain.... That might help narrow things down to head unit/speaker wiring.

Alternatively, you could bring it to an Alpine dealer.
Old 05-02-2001 | 08:13 AM

Re: Multimedia timer!!!!!!!!!!!1

When i said Radio sucks, i meant cuz in my town there's only 2 radio stations, country and like old people music!!!

Ah, I get it.

my car is a 97'

The only reference I can find to a brake switch indicates a red and green wire near the brake assembly. If I were you I'd try to locate this wire, then I'd test it to see if you get any change in state when the e-brake is applied. If you DO, then you've got your wire.

good luck,
/aac
Old 05-02-2001 | 08:24 PM

Ok, the noise is b/c a bad ground like someone mentioned.

For the brake line, run the wire to the back and tap into the brake light. It is a green wire w/ yellow stripe. The e-brake wire-you must take center console apart and tap it into the only wire there. Not sure of color but there is a switch at the bottom of the e-brake, there will be 1 wire. Tap there. If you dont wish to do this, get 2 push bottom switches and use that. That will elim having to pull e-brake up and pressing on brake and the deploying the e-brake back down. Installers wont tell you to do this but this is how you get around that prob. Are you sure you hooked all the correct wires to the CD changer? Make sure they are right. Also, make sure it is a currnt disc canger. Some of the old ones wont work w/ 1005. BTW, i have the 1005 too... sold my 1000.
Old 05-03-2001 | 01:59 PM

ok, explain one more time in a little more detail on how to get around the ebrake!!!!!!!!!!!thanx in advance
Old 05-03-2001 | 02:12 PM

ok, explain one more time in a little more detail on how to get around the ebrake!!!!!!!!!!!thanx in advance
Ok, here we go. Nevermind getting 2 push button switches. Just tap the brake at the rear to the brake light. Use that 1 push button switch. You will hook the wire up from the HU (the wire that goes to the e-brake) to one of the terminals on teh switch. Then you must hook up another wire, any constant power will do, and you connect that to the other terminal on the switch. And there ya go!
Old 05-03-2001 | 02:27 PM

so, i have to go by like a toggle switch from an auto parts store, then run one wire all the way to the back of my car and tap into the brake, also, is the yellow/blue wire on the head unit, or on the brain, cuz theres a yellow/blue wire on the brain of the 1005 thanks again,

Ps. sorry, im a little new to this 1005!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001 | 05:13 PM

i am retarted or what, cuz i tried everything you said and i cant seem to get it to work!!!!
Old 05-03-2001 | 08:07 PM

i am retarted or what, cuz i tried everything you said and i cant seem to get it to work!!!!
Dude maybe it's time to take it to an Alpine dealer?

Old 05-03-2001 | 08:17 PM

i did!!!!! there just as retarted as me!!!

ok, did take it to my local dealer, they didn't know either, you have to understand that i live in a very small town, and theres only one little shop, and they don't know ****............. that's why i need your guys' help!

ive heard that you can just ground out the wire... for the e-brake and it should work fine, nope tried that

i ran a toggle switch, one wire was constant, the other was the yellow/blue ebrake wire, nope that didn't work

ive tried running the yellow/blue wire to the ebrake and using the ebrake, nope that doesn't seem to work either....]

Is there another wire that i need to run.... whats that foot brake wire for...... i think its yellow/black???? Please help me!@!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001 | 08:37 PM

Re: i did!!!!! there just as retarted as me!!!

ok, did take it to my local dealer, they didn't know either, you have to understand that i live in a very small town, and theres only one little shop, and they don't know ****............. that's why i need your guys' help!

ive heard that you can just ground out the wire... for the e-brake and it should work fine, nope tried that

i ran a toggle switch, one wire was constant, the other was the yellow/blue ebrake wire, nope that didn't work

ive tried running the yellow/blue wire to the ebrake and using the ebrake, nope that doesn't seem to work either....]

Is there another wire that i need to run.... whats that foot brake wire for...... i think its yellow/black???? Please help me!@!!!!!!
If it's wired correctly, you have to do this:

put foot on brake and HOLD;

engage e-brake;

release e-brake;

engage e-brake;

release foot brake.
Old 05-03-2001 | 08:40 PM

You took it to an Alpine dealer and they don't know how to do it????? That's pretty amazing. What dealer??

Besides, an Alpine dealer will get in deep **** if they disable the safety feature on that unit.

Just get the multimedia timer from Pacific. Sheesh.
Old 05-03-2001 | 08:41 PM

so where do i run the footbrake wire?
Old 05-03-2001 | 09:03 PM

so where do i run the footbrake wire?
I don't know. I thought I already posted that.

Do you have a voltmeter / multimeter? Just start pokin around while pushing on the brake pedal
Old 05-06-2001 | 07:25 PM

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!

please o please o please someone help me

k, ive been working on this for like a week straight.....now, i still have no clue on hooking up the ebrake wire....ive tried grounding it but that doesn't seem to work???? when grounding it is there something else i need to do, do i need to ground it with the footbrake wire???? also, why won't my changer work? it says its playing on the screen!! so you think i need to try using the Peripheral 2n15a44n wiring harness, since i have the bose stereo????
Old 05-06-2001 | 07:42 PM

here's a link to what im talking about http://www.sounddomain.com/shopping/...2-Way+Speakers
Old 05-06-2001 | 09:33 PM

Re: SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!

please o please o please someone help me

k, ive been working on this for like a week straight.....now, i still have no clue on hooking up the ebrake wire....ive tried grounding it but that doesn't seem to work???? when grounding it is there something else i need to do, do i need to ground it with the footbrake wire???? also, why won't my changer work? it says its playing on the screen!! so you think i need to try using the Peripheral 2n15a44n wiring harness, since i have the bose stereo????
Did you do what I suggested? Use a voltmeter to isolate the foot brake and / or e-brake wires?

I have a feeling that harness won't help you out with your current two problems.

Sounds like you're in pretty deep, and not very comfortable with this stuff, I might respectfully suggest (again) you bring it to an Alpine dealer.

Old 05-07-2001 | 02:03 PM

well, my local alpine dealer doesn't know ****, its just a bunch of teenage kids, "i live in a small town" can you reccomend a dealer in the Denver area, "i live about 2hrs outside of denver.....thats the closest big city!!!
Old 05-07-2001 | 03:20 PM

well, my local alpine dealer doesn't know ****, its just a bunch of teenage kids, "i live in a small town" can you reccomend a dealer in the Denver area, "i live about 2hrs outside of denver.....thats the closest big city!!!

Are you sure it's actually an Alpine dealer? I can't imagine them not knowing how to do those wires if they are actually Alpine dealers.

Anyway, just go to the Alpine web site.. there should be a dealer locator there.