Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Installers; I need help securing my trunk.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:37 PM

Installers; I need help securing my trunk.

I'm finally am happy with my stereo setup. However, I want to secure my trunk more. Should I fill the key hole somehow? I'm not really down with the keyhole camera and I don't want a moniter. Can I hook a pin trigger up to my clifford like you would use for your hood. The same method they use to secure your hood so when thieves open you hood to cut the battery the pin is released and the alarm goes off. Where do I get one of these pin triggers and how do I wire it up to my alarm. Maybe tap into a door alarm? Installers I need your help. Any info is appreciated.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:07 AM

My suggestion... shave the lock. And install a remote popper. Sucks if your battery dies. But it makes it really fun anyone trying to break into your trunk.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:17 AM

also I'm not sure about where it is in a 4th gen but what about unplugging the trunk release in the car? that way they cant just break a window and hit the release button. however, friends tell its really easy to get into a trunk regardless so who knows.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:19 PM

I would love a remote popper. However my car is GXE w/o convenience pkge. So no power trunk, its manual. So can install a selenoid or something?
Old 04-16-2005, 01:27 PM

Yep... actually you could probably get away with grabbing a powered one off in a junkyard.

Or browse online for the solenoids. It depends upon the room, but you might be able to get a door popper to work. These can be usually found on lowrider sites. Try www.godfathercustoms.com there might be a link for them there.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I really see no point in securing your trunk more. Thieves will get in no matter what you have done. Heck, they can get in through the rear seats.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by MacAlert
I really see no point in securing your trunk more. Thieves will get in no matter what you have done. Heck, they can get in through the rear seats.
there is a lock on the back of my seats that won't allow someone from the inside to be able to get into the trunk, unless they rip the seats out, which I'm sure they wouldn't have a hard time doing that, I'd rather them not screw anything they don't have to up. lol Not saying I'm gonna leave cookies for them, but If they want in......they will get in.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Exactly, but why make them want to destroy your car more? What's cheaper, replacing a lock for the trunk or replacing rear seats?
Old 04-17-2005, 06:56 PM

I understand that someone is going to get in if they really want to but I'm talking about making it more secure not totally secure. I mean I have a clifford Matrix and I can open my trunk with my key very gently and my alarm won't go off? What type of sh#t is that? when I close it, it goes off but WTF? That's why I want a pin trigger attached to my alarm for the trunk. Any ideas?
Old 04-17-2005, 09:11 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

The trunk in the rear deck is a negative trigger and can be hooked up to your Clifford but it wil not do much good. In a 99 the seat do not fold down, only the center console. That makes getting that box out of the trunk a task. Since you don't have trunk pop the only other way in the trunk would be one of your buddies grabbing you keys while your passed out or beating the brakes off some chick in the back room. A beat down will insue. If a crow bar was used to pop the trunk you would know because it shakes the s**t out of the car. Give it a try you'll see. If they really want it they will get it. Have an installer add a relay to the alarm and add 10 sirens separately fused. Scare the s**t out of them, they will leave it alone.
Choray