Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

New Cdt's

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 AM

New Cdt's

My co worker purchased these. told me there pretty good, he doesnt regret them. i just placed an order. any thoughts?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4418
Old 10-31-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scooobay
My co worker purchased these. told me there pretty good, he doesnt regret them. i just placed an order. any thoughts?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4418
Unauthorized refurbs? Don, comments?

I love the Boston Z6 - "Save $731!!!".

My friend, that's called a "red flag." Do not expect any support from anyone in these products, in the likelier-than-usual scenario of having a failure.

Hey, you asked
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Woofers is authorized for alot of the products on their site.

I haven't head any good thigns about that particilar set. Should have spent the $70 for for SLC's.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Woofers is authorized for alot of the products on their site.

I haven't head any good thigns about that particilar set. Should have spent the $70 for for SLC's.
wait their an online authorized dealer?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:39 PM

Lol I owned them about 5 years ago for the same price...when everyone on ca.com was talkin how great they were from thezeb.com (the one website everyone swore was amazing, then later got shutdown for fraud). SLCs are more than worth the $70-80 more.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:45 PM

yea i was kinda wonderin seein how they even have RE audio
Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Former Vendor

wooferetc.com is an authorized cdt dealer. these have been known for a couple years among the internet comminty as a good bang for your buck system. most people have stepped up to higher models/different brands by now. i always wanted to try them, and was going to until a member here gave me a great deal on some nib hd-62/m6. i'm sure you won't be disappointed, but you'll probably upgrade in the future.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ghostridden
yea i was kinda wonderin seein how they even have RE audio
they have the NEW re audio after the buy out. thats probably authorized as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

No comment.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:17 PM

my co worker has them in his car. they sound great. im not looking to gegt a super high end setup. but these should be ALOT better then my current Memphis setup.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:08 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
No comment.
Do you sell CDT? Someone on CA mentioned he got a set from you, I was ...
Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
they have the NEW re audio after the buy out. thats probably authorized as well.
i dunno i seriously doubt their re products are authorized, don whats your thoughts
Old 11-01-2007, 05:53 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

IIRC they are.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:12 AM

Noooo not I. Definately not from the lack of them trying to get me on board though.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:13 AM

i dunno i seriously doubt their re products are authorized, don whats your thoughts
They are, but it's borderline stable now.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Hmm

might wanna check this out http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...&highlight=cdt
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 AM

They are, but it's borderline stable now.
then the biggest question is the legitimacy of the website/if any cases of fraud reported
Old 11-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

that person might be talking about a different Don (djdilliodon) who is a CDT national sales rep and i know he sells on CA
Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor

then the biggest question is the legitimacy of the website/if any cases of fraud reported
i'm sure they are legitimate as they are an authorized dealer for a lot of good brands. they do sell some unauthorized products but back them with a 1 year "in-house" warranty. if you really want to know, contact the bbb, where they are a aaa member. sometimes a good deal is just a good deal...
Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM

They've also been known to tranship,sell refurbs as new, take months on warranties,etc..In house warranty is also dependant upon IF they can get that product again. With shops being shut down almost daily for transhipping it makes it quite hard.

BBB doesnt mean much IMO. For $50 anyone can be a member. Also check thezeb.com's rating prior to it's shutdown.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor

i probably woudn't buy anything from them that wasn't authorized, but i think that buying off the internet is getting a bad rap. yes, you shouldn't buy unauthorized products from ANYWHERE if you have any sense, but we're talking about authorized sales from an authorized dealer. doesn't matter what happens to the company, it's a manufacturers warranty. i understand brick and mortar shops being mad when they follow the rules and other people don't, but everything on the internet is not foul play. its been pumped up so much on these forums that people aren't using their common sense anymore. i'd rather buy from somebody who supports whatever community, even at a SLIGHTLY higher cost, but i'm not going to pay double just so i can say " i bought it from mom and pop". most of the stuff i buy/want can be purchased directly from the manufacturer anyway. whats left i find the best AUTHORIZED internet price i can and see if my installer can match it or come close. most of the time they can't because they don't do the volume.

there are just as many local stores pushing jl/memphis/eclipse etc. for under the table prices, but knowbody questions them. then its a "hook-up". guess what? mom and pops can get shut down too.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:09 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=262706
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor

yeah... i read that a while ago. but thank you for proving my point.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:33 PM

i probably woudn't buy anything from them that wasn't authorized, but i think that buying off the internet is getting a bad rap. yes, you shouldn't buy unauthorized products from ANYWHERE if you have any sense, but we're talking about authorized sales from an authorized dealer. doesn't matter what happens to the company, it's a manufacturers warranty. i understand brick and mortar shops being mad when they follow the rules and other people don't, but everything on the internet is not foul play. its been pumped up so much on these forums that people aren't using their common sense anymore. i'd rather buy from somebody who supports whatever community, even at a SLIGHTLY higher cost, but i'm not going to pay double just so i can say " i bought it from mom and pop". most of the stuff i buy/want can be purchased directly from the manufacturer anyway. whats left i find the best AUTHORIZED internet price i can and see if my installer can match it or come close. most of the time they can't because they don't do the volume.

there are just as many local stores pushing jl/memphis/eclipse etc. for under the table prices, but knowbody questions them. then its a "hook-up". guess what? mom and pops can get shut down too.

Im not saying not to buy from online authorized dealers, Im just advising to be cautious. Would I hesitate to buy from Cardomain (when in business) or Crutchfield? Not a bit. Woofers? Yes. Why - even theyre authorized products are often transhipped, b-stock sold as new,etc. Can this happen at a mom&pop? Sure, but nearly as frequently? Not a chance. It costs a HELL of alot less to run a website than a B&M and those owners depend on your business. Also bear in mind .. that same cost equates to overhead, if they sell at pennies on a dollar how long do you think they will be there? I love when people reference B&Ms as a 'rip off'' or 'overpriced' when all their duing is abiding by the contract they signed for said product and upholding the price the Manufacturer set.

When online companies sell at pennies on the dollar it lower the integrity of the product as a whole, next thing is all customers start harassing their local dealers for same prices and the dealers in turn eventually drop the line because they can't sell it with the Net cutting their throats. Enough dealers drop a line - guess what - line goes away. Yes I have seen it MANY times.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Former Vendor

I understand what you are saying. I'm not sticking up for woofersetc.com (I have never bought anything from them that I can remember) but rather saying consumers need to use their common sense. Maybe the company running the website isn't the best, but the manufacturer backs them. That's the whole point of being authorized. I completely understand your point of view as a business owner. Theres overhead, advertising, not to mention you probably don't get as good of a price to start with due to volume. I would not call anybody a rip-off for selling at a set manufacturer's price (I'm talking about brands that are unregulated). But do you know ANYBODY who is going to preach righteousness on the forum and then turn down a discounted eclipse in-dash in person? Me neither. Theres also a lot of things I take for granted; not everybody is going to spend the kind of money I do on an install. Even if I bring in everything the shop is still going to make more than most people spend on their system. Not everybody tips their installer and takes their shop owner to lunch. But like I said; in a world of Ebay and pre-fab boxes, I understand what you are saying. I'd just rather hear you say it than a consumer who would buy an authorized product at an unauthorized price any day of the year.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:29 PM

i dunno about there other brands. but my co worker bought these same exact speakers. installed them, his amp fried one set. he got it warrantied through woofersetc and got his brand new replacement no problem. That's why i didnt hesitate to order. Plus i was in his car today, and omg they sound good.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

i think you made a good choice. a lot of people have had those speakers as entry-level high-end components. just don't be suprised if you're wanting more down the line.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM

Good thing I never did stock CDT...
Old 11-03-2007, 09:12 PM

i probably woudn't buy anything from them that wasn't authorized, but i think that buying off the internet is getting a bad rap.
well earned

...yes, you shouldn't buy unauthorized products from ANYWHERE if you have any sense, but we're talking about authorized sales from an authorized dealer. doesn't matter what happens to the company, it's a manufacturers warranty.
Problem is, not all manufacturers are easy to deal with.

i understand brick and mortar shops being mad when they follow the rules and other people don't, but everything on the internet is not foul play.
However it is enough to raise the question, especially when a company like this that is being defended (price blindness) is offering products for $700+ off retail, effectively answering the question of their authorized/up-and-up status. You can be authorized for a fading company and not for a reputable one, and still be shady.

its been pumped up so much on these forums that people aren't using their common sense anymore. i'd rather buy from somebody who supports whatever community, even at a SLIGHTLY higher cost, but i'm not going to pay double just so i can say " i bought it from mom and pop".
good luck with that

most of the stuff i buy/want can be purchased directly from the manufacturer anyway. whats left i find the best AUTHORIZED internet price i can and see if my installer can match it or come close. most of the time they can't because they don't do the volume.
Your installer is going to ask at some point (if not already) why you like his shop so much that you don't actually want to buy anything there.

And do every day for not adhering to minimum resale/advertising policies. Good on the manufacturers that defend theirs.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Former Vendor

Good thing I never did stock CDT...
why do you say that?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Former Vendor

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/747...losed-for-good

looks like this IS a bigger problem than i thought. i know sounddomain.com had a huge inventory, they could match anybodies price. i llike how the blog puts the responsibility on the manufacturer, where it belongs. i'm glad that everything, short of a hu, i need can be bought from the manufacturer.

Last edited by BLACKonBLACK98; 11-04-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 AM

why do you say that?
Because if I had stocked them they would collect dust. As woofers never did respect their agreement of not selling product where a dealer was located. The poster above is very local to me and it would have resulted in I sit on product and the consumer gets it shipped to them. IIRC there is still a dealer or two in the area, but even if not this would certainly not be the first time that woofers sent products to a dealers back yard.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 AM

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/747...losed-for-good

looks like this IS a bigger problem than i thought. i know sounddomain.com had a huge inventory, they could match anybodies price. i llike how the blog puts the responsibility on the manufacturer, where it belongs. i'm glad that everything, short of a hu, i need can be bought from the manufacturer.
Thats been coming for a bit, hence their huge inventory blowout sale. I wouldnt push all the blame to the manufacturers though, look more into their reps. The reps are the manufacturers eyes and ears out there and are paid based on commission of orders. With that said also bear in mind most reps are independants.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor

well it's starting to make a little more sense. but i still say sense is needed when making a purchase. maybe not "common" sense, since it is not common knowledge that woofersetc is not supposed to sell to people in certain areas. but with woofersetc selling as much as they do, i can't see how they're slipping under the radar. there has to be something going on.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:09 PM

Aside from all the legal mumbo jumbo above...I have 2 sets of these speakers.

1 set in my Maxima getting 60w rms, and another set in my wife's Mazda3 Hatchback getting 60w.

For the price, they can't be beat. Sure there's better for $70+ more, but if you're on a budget these speakers will impress you.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Just got them in today. Too bad i had to work. Im gonna install them tonight :-).