Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Installing an Alpine IVA-D106...need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM

Installing an Alpine IVA-D106...need help

Installing an Alpine IVA-D106...need help Ok I am not actually installing it now, but will be very soon. I have installed many many head unis but never a flip out tv. I am in need of a single din dash kit. Which is better quality and color match...Metra or scosche?? I know there are probably other threads pertaining to this but I don't have time to look (Im at work Also, am I going to run into any funny wiring? I know all the basics as in battery, ground, illumination, speakers, etc. Are there any other I need to know about? Thanks in advance.

Nick
Old 06-12-2010, 05:43 AM

Use the Scosche dash kit. I normally prefer Metra over them but for this car they make a better looking kit. As far as the install if you are going to integrate into the Bose system then you will need to get a 4 channel line out converter and do not forget to hookup the amp turn on. lol

Here is all the wire colors you will need.
Battery YELLOW (+)
Accesory VIOLET (+)
Ground
Illumination RED/BLUE (+)
Dimmer RED/YELLOW (+)
Power Antenna GRAY/WHITE (+)
Amp Turn On GREEN/WHITE (+)
LF Speaker (+) WHITE
LF Speaker (-) BLACK
RF Speaker (+) YELLOW
RF Speaker (-) BROWN
LR Speaker (+) BROWN
LR Speaker (-) BLACK/RED
RR Speaker (+) BLUE
RR Speaker (-) BLACK/WHITE
Amp Location AMPLIFIER IS LOCATED UNDER REAR DECK ON PASSENGER SIDE.

If you do not have the Bose system then this is the wiring you will need. (You will not need the 4 channel line out converter)

Battery YELLOW (+)
Accesory VIOLET (+)
Ground
Illumination RED/BLUE (+)
Dimmer RED/YELLOW (+)
Power Antenna GRAY/WHITE (+)
LF Speaker (+) WHITE
LF Speaker (-) BLACK
RF Speaker (+) YELLOW
RF Speaker (-) BROWN
LR Speaker (+) GREEN/YELLOW
LR Speaker (-) BLACK/YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) BLUE
RR Speaker (-) RED
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM

That was exactly the response I was looking for thanks! However, I don't have the Bose system but when I installed my rear deck speakers there was an amplifier in the same location you mentioned. I'm not familiar with a line out converter. How do you hook something like that up?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by wickedmax13
That was exactly the response I was looking for thanks! However, I don't have the Bose system but when I installed my rear deck speakers there was an amplifier in the same location you mentioned. I'm not familiar with a line out converter. How do you hook something like that up?
Very simple, it has RCA input (Male) that plug directly into the front and rear out on the back of your head unit. There will be 8 wires coming off the other side (White and White black, Grey and Grey black, Green and Green black, Purple and Purple black) that will wire into all four speakers on the factory harness behind the radio.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Ok I just got all of my stuff in from UPS and I'm ready to install it. One more question. As you know the maxs have 4 6-1/2s in each door and 2 6x9" in the rear deck. The amp I bought is only a 4 channel amp. Instead of getting yet another amp can I keep just these 6x9 hooked up to the factory amp and the other four hooked up to the aftermarket amp and just have both amps being turned on by the remote wire from my aftermarket head unit?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by wickedmax13
Ok I just got all of my stuff in from UPS and I'm ready to install it. One more question. As you know the maxs have 4 6-1/2s in each door and 2 6x9" in the rear deck. The amp I bought is only a 4 channel amp. Instead of getting yet another amp can I keep just these 6x9 hooked up to the factory amp and the other four hooked up to the aftermarket amp and just have both amps being turned on by the remote wire from my aftermarket head unit?
If you are still running the factory Bose speakers you will not be able to run a 4 channel amp on them. The reason being the factory Bose Speakers are 1 ohm and your aftermarket 4 channel amp is not designed to run that low of an impedance load. If you want to run the 4 channel amp you will have to replace all the speakers in the car.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM

No all of my speakers are aftermarket...all alpine 4 ohm
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM

Ami Creations, i have a non-bose 4th gen radio. i will be installing a cheapo xovision touch screen and would like to clarify a few things. the pink "lamp in" wire from the picture. does it power the touch screen or does it power the buttons or both? it looks like the radio pink wire connects to the car illumination wire. if it just powers the buttons then can i connect the pink wire to the car dimmer wire?

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/o...lampinwire.jpg

another question, this radio has 2 ground wires. can i connect both radio ground wires to the metra harness that says "amp ground wire to the chassis. thanks.