Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

Very Poor 2K2 6MT CM Headers Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:31 AM

man yall dyno shops are cheap
Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM

I just noticed...from that picture you posted, that isn't battery acid is it??
Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM

Nope, no battery acid.. the pic was taken on a crummy cell phone camera sorry... You get the idea though, right?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 AM

Well, I ran again on Friday night... My #'s improved w/ the cutout shut -- I did a 14.3 (dont remember trap) but with the cutout open I did about the same- best were a couple of 14.1's @ 98.X (left the slips in the car but I can scan them later if needbe.)
I don't feel as bad about the car though b/c we had a big TX/OK meet that night and there were about 15-20 other Maxima/Altima3.5's that showed up. It was once again very hot in the high 90F's even when the sun went down.. Compared to the other cars I think I was one of the quicker N/A 3.5L's that night. I think the quickest N/A guy, Rendall, was hitting 14.1's @ 99.X in his Altima3.5L with boltons. JuicedSER was putting the hurt on us though -- hitting low 13's @ 108-109mph. Overall had fun and met alot of people.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Plano. Where were you guys running? I would love to meet up sometime at the track and give my car some 1/4 mile time. I am in Wichita Falls. Closest 1/4 mile track I believe is about 2 hours into oklahoma. I have gone to the local 1/8mile track around here but never even seen an import there once.

Last edited by carlson_mn; 06-29-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by carlson_mn
Hey Plano. Where were you guys running? I would love to meet up sometime at the track and give my car some 1/4 mile time. I am in Wichita Falls. Closest 1/4 mile track I believe is about 2 hours into oklahoma. I have gone to the local 1/8mile track around here but never even seen an import there once.
You're kind of far from us. We usually go to the Texas Motorplex in Ennis or Dallas Raceway in Crandall.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 AM

Matt your car was running pretty good man!! Thing runs hard as well as Rendalls car.. My car did not like all that driving around Friday didn't like it one bit!! My tranny has about had it I think, it was slipping pretty bad at the track Friday night which was hurting me bigtime along with the nice Texas heat haha but oh well I had a great time hanging out with all of the guys.. My next mod is gonna be a 6speed swap I'm ready for next year already!! It's gonna be up here in Okie town so hopefully everyone will make the trip..
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 PM

Thanks, I was glad to see you guys make it out -- definitely a good turnout from the OK -- in fact ya'll probably outnumbered the Texans! Despite the conditions you were still running some solid times. If you get around to swapping to the 6spd and have the ability to tach-up on your launch, watch out! that's definitely in the 12s for sure. Check w/ Duane to source a 6MT Trans - his company is affiliated w/ LKQ wrecking yards and I'm sure could locate you a good deal on one. Hopefully next time we can get the meet planned in a cooler month.. such as October??? Just a thought..
Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM

sounds like a lot of fun
EDIT: i actually have a question... i thought grounding you knock sensors were only beneficial to the VQ35 swapped 4th genners??? whats the benefit???
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by PlanoSER
Thanks, I was glad to see you guys make it out -- definitely a good turnout from the OK -- in fact ya'll probably outnumbered the Texans! Despite the conditions you were still running some solid times. If you get around to swapping to the 6spd and have the ability to tach-up on your launch, watch out! that's definitely in the 12s for sure. Check w/ Duane to source a 6MT Trans - his company is affiliated w/ LKQ wrecking yards and I'm sure could locate you a good deal on one. Hopefully next time we can get the meet planned in a cooler month.. such as October??? Just a thought..
Thanks man. I will have to give Duane a call then and see whats up.. Yea the Okies were pretty deep, people kept giving us dirty looks like WTF when we were in Walmart as a group as well as other places but it was a good time and we def will have to do it again.. I talked to a few guys down there and since we've had the meet up there the past two years we are gonna plan on having it here next year.. And I was planning on maybe April or if thats too soon the we can shhot for the fall but I think that will be too long but we will see what others have to say when the time comes..
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM

Sounds good; I could use some time out of town. Shoot, If I had my way it would be going on THIS fall. Waiting a whole year seems too long but I just like the car stuff and it's nice to hang out with people who have the same cars/engines/etc and shoot the ****. I am kinda new to the hangin out w/ the maximaforum ppl so am slowly coming out of my shell, heh...but if you guys need help organizing anything I can help get things arranged on this side of the border.