Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

340whp/320wtq --S/C DEK

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM

340whp/320wtq --S/C DEK

Mods:
DE-K with power rod removed
V2 with 2.62 pulley
Walbro 255 with 440s
OBX headers, hi flow cat, budget bpipe, dynomax muffler
Exedy Stage 1 clutch
EMU
All pulls in 4th gear, hitting ~11 psi on the dyno

That was my first pull. Also the highest. From that point on the numbers got worse as i added fuel up top and leaned out the mid range. it seems as though leaning out the midrange makes the high end run even leaner. After 7 or 8 pulls and the numbers getting worse and the afrs getting more and more lean up top, someone finally had the bright idea to check the AFPR, and we discovered that its not rising with boost. So i must correct that leaning issue cuz it wont richen up top no matter how much fuel i add in.

After each run something went wrong lol. After the first pull the car wouldnt crank back up, so we spent half an hour trying to figure it out before i checked my cam sensor. I dont have a bracket holding that in, so it blew out twice. But i fixed that. It actually bolts right back in just fine with a 2.62 pulley, no relocation bracket necessary. After the 3rd run the charge pipe blew off. After the very last pull the car shut off and wouldnt crank back up. My issue is that after i let off from each pull it dumps so much fuel in that the car stumbles. After the last stumble i think it flooded the engine or fouled the plugs cuz it took about an hour and a half of sitting for it to finally crank back up, and now it runs like doodoo. Like spark blowout.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85

Mods:
V2 with 2.62 pulley
Walbro 255 with 440s
Exedy Stage 1 clutch
EMU

That was my first pull. Also the highest. From that point on the numbers got worse as i added fuel up top and leaned out the mid range. it seems as though leaning out the midrange makes the high end run even leaner. After 7 or 8 pulls and the numbers getting worse and the afrs getting more and more lean up top, someone finally had the bright idea to check the AFPR, and we discovered that its not rising with boost. So i must correct that leaning issue cuz it wont richen up top no matter how much fuel i add in.

After each run something went wrong lol. After the first pull the car wouldnt crank back up, so we spent half an hour trying to figure it out before i checked my cam sensor. I dont have a bracket holding that in, so it blew out twice. But i fixed that. It actually bolts right back in just fine with a 2.62 pulley, no relocation bracket necessary. After the 3rd run the charge pipe blew off. After the very last pull the car shut off and wouldnt crank back up. My issue is that after i let off from each pull it dumps so much fuel in that the car stumbles. After the last stumble i think it flooded the engine or fouled the plugs cuz it took about an hour and a half of sitting for it to finally crank back up, and now it runs like doodoo. Like spark blowout.
Good numbers so far, but yes very lean up top.
Also, 11 psi on the 2.62? I guess thats cause it didnt rev all the way to 6500
I too have no bracket for my sensor and Ive never had a blowout problem knock on wood.
When I experience spark plug blow out the car didnt run bad, it just didnt make anymore power up top and you could actually hear a difference in the rev.
Im sure the plugs are just fouled, replace them. Once they get real saturated from being flooded out is best just to replace them.
What does your afrs look like at lower rpms, and when you let off after a WOT rev?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Good numbers so far, but yes very lean up top.
Also, 11 psi on the 2.62? I guess thats cause it didnt rev all the way to 6500
I too have no bracket for my sensor and Ive never had a blowout problem knock on wood.
When I experience spark plug blow out the car didnt run bad, it just didnt make anymore power up top and you could actually hear a difference in the rev.
Im sure the plugs are just fouled, replace them. Once they get real saturated from being flooded out is best just to replace them.
What does your afrs look like at lower rpms, and when you let off after a WOT rev?
well, about the 11psi its probably mostly because i didnt rev all the way, or it it might even slip if i get there. its hard to say cuz i never got to that point.

ive never had a problem with the cam sensor blowing out like that either, but this was also my first time winding out 4th gear. it shot out pretty good too, i thought something popped.

the previous time i felt spark blow out was just on the streets. and it sounded like a WRX. i didnt hear or feel any of that until after that last pull was done and the car bogged down. all the way home it ran like crap, so im gonna swap em out tomorrow. im pretty sure too that theyre just fouled out.

my afrs at lower rpms? during normal cruising? AFRs stay around 14ish. When i let off of a wot pull, my gauge dips into the 9s. And when the tach needle came back to idle it just dropped to 0. It couldnt catch i guess. i was under the impression that no fuel was present in gear at closed throttle.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:27 AM

that actually sounds like what my old turbo car did. If you ran hard then put the clutch in the thing wouldnt even attempt to stay alive and just die.

those are some solid numbers thou.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:18 PM

cylinders 2 and 4 were like this. the ceramic around the center electrode was actually cracked and missing on cylinder 4 plug. so thats somewhere in the engine or maybe stuck in my cat idk. but i swapped all the plugs and she purs like a kitten again.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Nice #'s.... When you gonna be in the Orlando area again?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice numbers. Im new here and would like to know if a V3 blower would fit a v1 or v2 bracket. I think it would be nice not to run oil lines. Any info would be great.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Sounds like you really need my drag tires!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mods:
V2 with 2.62 pulley
Walbro 255 with 440s
Exedy Stage 1 clutch
EMU

So thats All I got to worry about. Didn't know you had made that much. Should be a interesting race whenever that happens
Old 11-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Justin get off the ORG and go back to your Supra forum...
Old 11-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

What, I gotta keep tabs on the competition lol
Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 PM

gee, how do you pull such numbers. Ohh I see dynojet. Do they tend to read more then a mustang dyno?

I ask because our setup is pretty similar minus I have bigger injectors/no cat. I only produced 345whp and 295Tq (granted I had some issues).
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Sounds like you really need my drag tires!
ehh, i already have slicks!

As far as pulling higher numbers, idk man. Sometimes i wonder how flava pulls 380+whp, same with wizard. Thats the mistake that i make, is trying to compare my mods to them and then having my feelings hurt lol.

I really do wish i could find a way to get more grip on this 2.62 pulley. like i mentioned it was only making 11 psi on the dyno, so i know its slipping atleast a little bit. that would help for sure.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:11 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

As far as pulling higher numbers, idk man. Sometimes i wonder how flava pulls 380+whp, same with wizard. Thats the mistake that i make, is trying to compare my mods to them and then having my feelings hurt lol.

I really do wish i could find a way to get more grip on this 2.62 pulley. like i mentioned it was only making 11 psi on the dyno, so i know its slipping atleast a little bit. that would help for sure.
You should unbolt your Y-pipe next time you hit the track or the dyno, and compare it to having that full 2.5" exhaust hooked up. I bet you find 30+whp there.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 PM

I think its the dyno jet let me know what you run at the 1/4 mile then we can compare
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM
The original VQ...

nice numbers !!
you sure you gauge isnt just off ? or you dont have a leak ?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Boost leak? Ive never checked for that but as far as the gauge being off- the 11psi readings were based on the dyno operators boost gauge. Mine read the same.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:42 PM

Boost leak? Ive never checked for that but as far as the gauge being off- the 11psi readings were based on the dyno operators boost gauge. Mine read the same.
I'm hitting 13.4psi with an intercooler setup. You sure its a 2.62" pulley?
Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 PM

Yes. I bought it brand new. I hit up to 14 psi on a 2.87, so i think most of the loss is from belt slip probably. On the dyno it tends to read lower as well (load i assume)
Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 AM
The original VQ...

Yes. I bought it brand new. I hit up to 14 psi on a 2.87, so i think most of the loss is from belt slip probably. On the dyno it tends to read lower as well (load i assume)
Try to find a shop with a mustang dyno, they read slightly lower but are the best for tuning because they are a load bearing dyno.