General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 10:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by GoldenGlory

police are out there to do their jobs

sometimes they get carried away...but its their jobs ...

I agree.

Police officers are like you and me and every other profession in the world....you have your good ones and you have your bad ones.

Some mechanics give you tips on how to save money...some try to ream you. Some cashiers are polite....some are rude and b&tchy. Some supervisors let you slide if you make a mistake...some try to nail you to the wall. Good and bad everywhere.

Bottom line is that we know there are some ***holes out there. The best protection we have is to follow the rules (or the laws in this case). When we don't, we open the doors up for the ***holes to get us. I stick to legal mods. If I don't and I get caught...that's on me (even if I get caught by an ***hole).

Just my $.02
Old 10-05-2002, 10:39 AM
Handsome

Originally posted by maxhead

I agree.

Police officers are like you and me and every other profession in the world....you have your good ones and you have your bad ones.

Some mechanics give you tips on how to save money...some try to ream you. Some cashiers are polite....some are rude and b&tchy. Some supervisors let you slide if you make a mistake...some try to nail you to the wall. Good and bad everywhere.

Bottom line is that we know there are some ***holes out there. The best protection we have is to follow the rules (or the laws in this case). When we don't, we open the doors up for the ***holes to get us. I stick to legal mods. If I don't and I get caught...that's on me (even if I get caught by an ***hole).

Just my $.02
I totally agree. I work out with a lot of officers and some are really cool and others just brag about their arrests and are real stuck up to anyone who isn't a cop.
People are people and we're all human. Although I personally wouldn't put any flashing or neon on my car I disagree with the way this officer handled the situation.'
Having an a$$ cop really sucks because their is nothing you can say or do as would be the case with a mechanic (you could just take your car to another place, even if you contest the ticket your going to have court costs.) I also agree with you on how to handle the situation. Pull over far enough for the officer to comfortbly approach your car and stay out of traffic. Turn on your hazards and interior lights, and keep your insurance information close so it doesn't look like your digging out a gun.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by maxhead

I agree.

Just my $.02
This post suggests that people who let others get away with illeagal, immoral, uncivil, or improper crap are "cool," and those who hold you responsible for your actions are "***holes."

I would suggest that this type of attitude, that of shirking responsibility for one's own actions, is what is wrong with this country today.

Stand up and accept responsibility. Grow up a little and try to realize that everyone is NOT out to get you. And like YOU said, if you do things that warrant reprimand from parents, spouse, supervisor, police, or God, then shape up.....or be WILLING to accept the consequences.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by fst96se

This post suggests that people who let others get away with illeagal, immoral, uncivil, or improper crap are "cool," and those who hold you responsible for your actions are "***holes."

I would suggest that this type of attitude, that of shirking responsibility for one's own actions, is what is wrong with this country today.

Stand up and accept responsibility. Grow up a little and try to realize that everyone is NOT out to get you. And like YOU said, if you do things that warrant reprimand from parents, spouse, supervisor, police, or God, then shape up.....or be WILLING to accept the consequences.
true.
true.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:28 PM

thanks!

I just want to say Thanks for this thread. It has really helped me out a lot just in case I get pulled over. I get my license this friday and I will be alone in the car now so I know what to do, is there any more tips not discussed?
Thanks once again!
Old 10-05-2002, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by fst96se

Im not doubting you, but if you really are a cop, what do you need radar for?
Old 10-05-2002, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Burton069

maybe it's for when he is off duty so he can use it and not get pulled over by colleagues/friends?
Old 10-07-2002, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by Burton069

That is a good question and I have explained it before. There are a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that I am no longer a FULL time police Officer. I used to be, but now I am a Reserve officer. I am still a certified Police Officer employed as such, but I am only required to put in about 20 hrs per month, or two shifts. I went to school and got a Bachelors in Political Science and a Masters in Accounting because I thought someday I might go to work for the FBI....now I am making more money than I could with the FBI as a CPA and dig the job...and I can still patrol as an officer when I want to, which has always been my first love.

Second, the state police here is VERY militaristic, and will cut no breaks to anyone. They do NOT extend professional courtesy and if I got pulled over by them I could expect to get a ticket.

Third, I live near the UTAH border and travel into Utah very often....UHP doesn't like Idaho cops, I think because of the Idaho State Police, so I could expect to get a ticket there too. Point is, I can't speed and get away with it, and I would rather not be stopped....sound okay?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:33 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
i flew by a cop gunning today doing 80, i was waiting to get pulled over......he musta been looking for 5th gens.......

Old 10-07-2002, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Cops aren't out there to harass anybody, there trying to do their jobs.
Please all cops seem to do is like to harass me ESPECIALLY when I was stock. Now that I'm souped up a bit they dont seem to mind. I dont even have a front plate and I am in VA. I'll never figure these guys out