General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

got pulled over doing 91 in a 45.... one hell of a night (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2000, 09:32 AM

Wow. So the day starts out when i am coming home, a toyta MR2 is talling me the whole way so i play around with him (1 lane road) slowing down then speading up. Finnaly the roads turns into 2 lanes so i pull ahead of all the trafic, and he slowly does too. We line up at stop light. I rev. Hehhe, an old MR2, this willbe fun i think. My launch sucks (ive never really had a chance to race). And i hit ice so its really crappy, but by third i bow by him. I go 5 miles out of my way just to keep playing. So theni go back home and I call up some buddies to go cruizing. There isnt much to do in maine, so we go around the routary a few times, go to the park garage play around up there, then we go to the local civic center that has a big *** parking lot. turns out its covered in ice so i do some reverse donuts and ebrake 180s. Fun fun. Then we go to the movie theater to see if we know anyone there. Just then a red stang blows by me. I turn around and see hes at barnes and noble. I head over there, and he starts playing around on the ice there. So i do some nice ebrake tricks, he does one then he goes leaves and heads back to the movie theater so i follow him. he pulls over and and pull up next to him and roll down the window. He cranks his donw (whwhhwahahah no power windows, silly mustangs). He just got the car today, doesnt know anything about cars (how bigs the engine on that thing? "Umm 3.8l i think...") hehe. we ask if he wants to race, but he declines. I tell him to go to the civic center to play around, so we do, and hes complaining how he cant do anything because its rear wheel drive.... yeah... haha.
So we depart and i head back to my house where my buddy lef this car. I drop him and the other go off with their car. Its a 99 doge neon. heheh. He asks if i want to race, just for fun. I say sure, got nothing better to do (its around 11:15 now). So the lights are blinking yellow, kinda hard to race. We line up, i tell him to just go and once hes done his launch and is actually moving ill take off. So he goes and a few seconds later i go. By second ive blown by him, passing him in the turnin lane. I slow down and turn into a small little dentists place. He follows me in, just so we can say goodnight, etc. I look out onto the main road. A cop. My heart sinks to the floor "Ohh ****, im dead" He pulls into the parking lot and turns on his blues. "Freaking great" im thinking. I turn off my car. The cop goes up to my buddy in the neon first. I get out and walk over, knowing by buddy sucks at lieing and ill have to do all the talking. The cop tells me to get back in my car. "This is going to be just great" I think. A few seconds later my friend leaves! WTF im thinking. Hes ganna kill me. My doors open so he starts babling "How fast were you going" "Jeez officer i really dont know" He says "I dont want to **** around, how fast?" "45, 50, maybe?". "Ok" he says. "Take an valubale posseions out of your car, turn it off and lock the doors". Im about to **** my self. "Get into the front passinger seat". I walk over and get it. "I have you clocked at 91 MPH. This is a 45 zone, whats your drving record like?" "No moving violations what so ever, sir" i say. He calls dispatch and does a check on me. No violations just like i said, jerk. (hhehe) "Be honest with me here, what was going on. Ive got you clocked at 91" "Jeez officer, i didnt even think my car could DO 91" (haha) "Oh, yeh it can do much more than that" says the cop (freaking right it can i think to my self). "You were criminaly speeding. That means we inpound your car, and i take you down to jail" Oh my god i think. MY CAR! MY LIFE! Im getting ready to shoot myself. "Now why were you going so fast" Ok, quick lie Nick. "My buddies just left me, and we had to make plans about tomorrow, we were going to go to Portland ( the big city a few hours away from whre i live, a completle lie" So i went out infront and turned in here so that we could finalize thier plans" I say. "Ok" he says.
"Normally when i see a car speeding i get a viusla on it, and think roughly how fast they were going. But with you i was talking on my cell phone and the radar just came up with 91. Im not going to stake my reputation on this thing. They are inacurate. Ive had a few inacruate readings to night." Oh my! I think to myself. Im going to get away with just a ticket, which is better than loosing my car. Im still shacking, im in shock. I remember a converstation with my parents where they say if i get a ticket they take the car for a year. Sheot. "Now, I dont want people to think that Im easy or anything, so when your friends ask dont say you were going 91. Just say you got a warning" WHAT! A WARING! HOLLY CRAP!. "Yes sir!" I say. I cant bealve it. A warning, for going over double the posted limit. He talks a little more, gives me the written warningi shake his hand and leave.

Im still in shock. I just CAN NOT beleave it. GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! I think ive learned my lesson about street racing. And i have damn radar dector, good thing it was on my passinger seat because i lost the suction things for the windows. DAMN! what a night!!
Old 12-27-2000, 09:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cheap lesson, Nick . . .

Nobody killed, nobody hurt, nobody arrested, no suspended licenses, no impounded cars . . . this time.

[Edited by y2kse on 12-27-2000 at 11:59 AM]
Old 12-27-2000, 10:03 AM

your lucky

i got away with it once too.. what you should be saying is Thank god.. not god damn..

lucky the cop is in a good mood and wasn't really paying attention.. and since you have a clean record they usually give warnings ..

my warning was when i got pulled over in my 85 max.. clocked at 105 in a 55.. cop let me go with a seatbelt ticket.. Thank god..

but i've been busted after that so ...

Ant
Old 12-27-2000, 10:04 AM
Foo90SE

I have a friend with an older mr2..he lost his license for 81 in a 40..ill have to send him the link to this post

Old 12-27-2000, 10:08 AM

As i said, i think this puts an end to my street racing career. As y2k said, no one dead, no lost cars, etc, might as well end it while im still ahead, as i bet the next time i wont be so lucky.

[Edited by Nick Robinson on 12-27-2000 at 12:12 PM]
Old 12-27-2000, 10:26 AM

How can you be going so fast-->>

and not be paying attention to your surroundings?? You have a radar detector why didn't it go off?? I'm not trying to chastise you especially since I drive fast but the only times I get caught(usually) is when I'm doing the normal 15mph over the limit. When I'm doubling the speed limit the adrenaline keeps me focused on the road and enviroment around me.

This wont be the last time you get caught..Trust me#;>)

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
Wow. So the day starts out when i am coming home, a toyta MR2 is talling me the whole way so i play around with him (1 lane road) slowing down then speading up. Finnaly the roads turns into 2 lanes so i pull ahead of all the trafic, and he slowly does too. We line up at stop light. I rev. Hehhe, an old MR2, this willbe fun i think. My launch sucks (ive never really had a chance to race). And i hit ice so its really crappy, but by third i bow by him. I go 5 miles out of my way just to keep playing. So theni go back home and I call up some buddies to go cruizing. There isnt much to do in maine, so we go around the routary a few times, go to the park garage play around up there, then we go to the local civic center that has a big *** parking lot. turns out its covered in ice so i do some reverse donuts and ebrake 180s. Fun fun. Then we go to the movie theater to see if we know anyone there. Just then a red stang blows by me. I turn around and see hes at barnes and noble. I head over there, and he starts playing around on the ice there. So i do some nice ebrake tricks, he does one then he goes leaves and heads back to the movie theater so i follow him. he pulls over and and pull up next to him and roll down the window. He cranks his donw (whwhhwahahah no power windows, silly mustangs). He just got the car today, doesnt know anything about cars (how bigs the engine on that thing? "Umm 3.8l i think...") hehe. we ask if he wants to race, but he declines. I tell him to go to the civic center to play around, so we do, and hes complaining how he cant do anything because its rear wheel drive.... yeah... haha.
So we depart and i head back to my house where my buddy lef this car. I drop him and the other go off with their car. Its a 99 doge neon. heheh. He asks if i want to race, just for fun. I say sure, got nothing better to do (its around 11:15 now). So the lights are blinking yellow, kinda hard to race. We line up, i tell him to just go and once hes done his launch and is actually moving ill take off. So he goes and a few seconds later i go. By second ive blown by him, passing him in the turnin lane. I slow down and turn into a small little dentists place. He follows me in, just so we can say goodnight, etc. I look out onto the main road. A cop. My heart sinks to the floor "Ohh ****, im dead" He pulls into the parking lot and turns on his blues. "Freaking great" im thinking. I turn off my car. The cop goes up to my buddy in the neon first. I get out and walk over, knowing by buddy sucks at lieing and ill have to do all the talking. The cop tells me to get back in my car. "This is going to be just great" I think. A few seconds later my friend leaves! WTF im thinking. Hes ganna kill me. My doors open so he starts babling "How fast were you going" "Jeez officer i really dont know" He says "I dont want to **** around, how fast?" "45, 50, maybe?". "Ok" he says. "Take an valubale posseions out of your car, turn it off and lock the doors". Im about to **** my self. "Get into the front passinger seat". I walk over and get it. "I have you clocked at 91 MPH. This is a 45 zone, whats your drving record like?" "No moving violations what so ever, sir" i say. He calls dispatch and does a check on me. No violations just like i said, jerk. (hhehe) "Be honest with me here, what was going on. Ive got you clocked at 91" "Jeez officer, i didnt even think my car could DO 91" (haha) "Oh, yeh it can do much more than that" says the cop (freaking right it can i think to my self). "You were criminaly speeding. That means we inpound your car, and i take you down to jail" Oh my god i think. MY CAR! MY LIFE! Im getting ready to shoot myself. "Now why were you going so fast" Ok, quick lie Nick. "My buddies just left me, and we had to make plans about tomorrow, we were going to go to Portland ( the big city a few hours away from whre i live, a completle lie" So i went out infront and turned in here so that we could finalize thier plans" I say. "Ok" he says.
"Normally when i see a car speeding i get a viusla on it, and think roughly how fast they were going. But with you i was talking on my cell phone and the radar just came up with 91. Im not going to stake my reputation on this thing. They are inacurate. Ive had a few inacruate readings to night." Oh my! I think to myself. Im going to get away with just a ticket, which is better than loosing my car. Im still shacking, im in shock. I remember a converstation with my parents where they say if i get a ticket they take the car for a year. Sheot. "Now, I dont want people to think that Im easy or anything, so when your friends ask dont say you were going 91. Just say you got a warning" WHAT! A WARING! HOLLY CRAP!. "Yes sir!" I say. I cant bealve it. A warning, for going over double the posted limit. He talks a little more, gives me the written warningi shake his hand and leave.

Im still in shock. I just CAN NOT beleave it. GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! I think ive learned my lesson about street racing. And i have damn radar dector, good thing it was on my passinger seat because i lost the suction things for the windows. DAMN! what a night!!
Old 12-27-2000, 10:53 AM
smokin96se

I get a warning about 50% of the time

Amazingly, I've found that if I'm -incriminatingly- honest I get let go a good amount of the time.

My favorite warnings:
Running a red light
Me: "The light was green when I went through it."
Officer: "No, it was red"
Me: "Well if that's what you saw, I guess that's what happened"
Officer: "Since you've been so honest I'll let you go"

73 in a 40, Unlawful Speed Contest
(Me in my 68 chevelle ragtop racing my friends 67 lemans)

Officer: "Where were you going?"

Me: "Well officer, I was going to dunkin donuts, but when I saw you go past me and hit your brakes I figured I'd get a ticket, so I tried to outrun you and get home"

Officer: "This is a really nice car, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. Slow down and go home."

smokin96se

Old 12-27-2000, 11:35 AM

re: not paying attention

The radar dector is not the best, i got it for liek 20 bucks on a going out of buisnes sale. Its on my seat because i lost the suction thing that sticks it to the window. This whole happened in a little stretch of road. I wasnt like crusing down the road at 100, you know? It was a qwuick little race. so i was paying attention to infront of me and the car im racing, not to the sides looking for cops.
Old 12-27-2000, 01:39 PM

Man
I got a ticket for 42 in a 30, and i was only like 50ft into the 30mph zone coming out of a 55mph zone, and i didn't wanna push my brakes to slow down. And i had NOTHING on my driving record.
Some cops are cool and some are just ****s.
Old 12-27-2000, 05:47 PM

LOL!!-->>

Did "Kramer" sell that radar detector to you#;>)

The radar dector is not the best, i got it for liek 20 bucks on a going out of buisnes sale. Its on my seat because i lost the suction thing that sticks it to the window. This whole happened in a little stretch of road. I wasnt like crusing down the road at 100, you know? It was a qwuick little race. so i was paying attention to infront of me and the car im racing, not to the sides looking for cops.
Old 12-27-2000, 08:01 PM

Nick:
What the hell is a routary?
Old 12-28-2000, 06:46 AM

hehe

One of these days i will learn to spell, i swear.
A rotary its a place on the road that shapped in a circle, with exits to get on and off it. They are two lanes, and only go one way.
Hmm maybe that is how you spell it, i just spell checked it. YOu dont have them where you live?
The rest of you know what im talking about, right? Its hard to explain...
Old 12-28-2000, 06:58 AM

Rotaries

Where several roadways intersect into a "traffic circle". I think they are only popular in the Northeast and maybe a few other parts of the US. England's got them too. "Look Kids, Big Ben...Parliament!" Chevy Chase, European Vacation
Old 12-28-2000, 07:25 AM

LOL!!

While I was in Mass this guy was giving me and my partner directions and he was like "go around the rotary" I was like WTF???? My partner laughed since she is originally from Mass and told me it is a Trafic Circle.. I also learned that "elastics" are rubber bands. Bizzaro World up North#;>)

One of these days i will learn to spell, i swear.
A rotary its a place on the road that shapped in a circle, with exits to get on and off it. They are two lanes, and only go one way.
Hmm maybe that is how you spell it, i just spell checked it. YOu dont have them where you live?
The rest of you know what im talking about, right? Its hard to explain...
Old 12-28-2000, 07:36 AM

elestics

hehehhe. Never heard of those either? Man, the world we live in. =)
Old 12-28-2000, 08:19 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

daaaaaaym

you are one lucky guy!

Wow, I heard of people who had their license suspended and cars impounded doing double the speed limit.
Me personally, I don't race often, but when I do, it doesn't last more then 30-40 seconds, just who can get to 80 or 90 faster When ever I get some $, I'll get a V1 Radar detector just incase, because I do go over the speed limit most of the time. I see cops in NYC do something funny now, they get on your tail and trail you for a couple of miles, that way you have to observe the speed limit and watch your every move, signaling everything and driving by the book. That has GOT to **** them off when you drive that way, because they can't find **** to pull u over for.

anyways, you are lucky dude.