General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Installing NOS

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2000, 09:59 AM

I got a 10lb 50 shot nos set up! Anyone got any pics. of their set up? Where should I mount the solonoids? Best way to route the nos wire from solonoids to tank? And where should I place the purge to shoot? Thanks email me nizmolee@onebox.com and place comments here.
Old 12-29-2000, 02:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I mounted the sols on the strut tower. I put the bottle on the drivers side in the trunk and ran the line out of a factory gromet. I followed the fuel line up to the front. I secured the line with a bunch of zip ties. I dont have a purge, but it dosent matter where you shoot it aslong is it dosent spray directly on any thing. If you wana look kool shoot it up along the windshield.

My set up is not the "out of the box" NOS system, but go pictures via the link in my sig.

E-mail me with questions.
Old 12-29-2000, 03:32 PM

nos

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Mardigrasmax,
What are the gauges for on your page?Also,the red pipe you have that connects the nos spray nozzle?Was that custom? I dont really want to pierce the stock black thing. Also, on the full trottle switch, how did you do it.I dont need a FPR right?Where did you mount the switches at? I like your set up Looks clean..Oh one more thing, you ran the wires that run from the bottle to engine bay by running it near the fuel rail outside right? Was there any holes that were open to run the wire to the trunk? Or did you drill a hole? Thanks
Old 12-29-2000, 04:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: nos

What are the gauges for on your page?
EGT is for exhaust gas temperature. If the motor runs lean it will show by a high EGT temp. Not needed for a 50hp shot. If you ever go up to 75+ its a good investment in saftey, IMHO.
Fuel is fuel pressure. I am trying to get to 100hp shot and I need to know what the fuel pressure is when the NOS is engaged. You have a fuel pressure saftey switch that protects you from low fuel pressure, so you dont really need the gauge with the NOS kit on a mostly stock motor.

Also,the red pipe you have that connects the nos spray nozzle?Was that custom?
Thats the Palace Racing Cold Air Intake (CAI)

I dont really want to pierce the stock black thing. Ya gotta do what ya gota do. use some sealant around the mounting point so you dont get any vacume leaks.

Also, on the full trottle switch, how did you do it.
I wired it in line as a the NOS instruction book shows. It is a small micro switch, when the throttle opens up it hits the switch at the wide open position.

I dont need a FPR right? Nope! you do not need one.

Where did you mount the switches at? I have a small bush button switch that is under my shift boot. When I am running the NOs i just pop it out.

You ran the wires that run from the bottle to engine bay by running it near the fuel rail outside right? Yes

Was there any holes that were open to run the wire to the trunk? Yes pull up the padding and look for some round black rubber plugs.