General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another Turbomaxima pops up on the scene

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 05:27 AM

Originally posted by gtr_rider

How the hell did you screenshot a Video?
this comin from the video master?
Old 03-28-2003, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by hlh0501

am i missing something?? look at my video comp II, here is the PICTURE LINK from it incase you didnt notice... i mean how much easier is the exhaust leaving the engine pic?? it's a reverse ypipe, the opposite of the nigel/pfi kit that routes the exhaust backwards like a typical ypipe and then u-turns it back forwards to the turbo....

i would post pics that i have of that too, but i dont think they(nigel/pfi) would like that, so ask them for it - they have yet to post on request though...
that picture is confusing..

anyway.. i am not saying you should have posted your picture.. because obviously.. kev, ryan.. joa or myself can't post ours
Old 03-28-2003, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

that picture is confusing..

anyway.. i am not saying you should have posted your picture.. because obviously.. kev, ryan.. joa or myself can't post ours

um, i have posted above and below of my turbo kit, close up and whole system....something you have yet to see of my competitor without actually purchasing it first. unfortunately i can not get a "radiator view" picture... its too close, or i'd show that angle too... i'm sorry i'm not in it all for the money, infact I make almost nothing, I'm more in it for the people gettin the kits - so i dont care if they make their own kit and i dont make a cent, i'll still help them make a good setup or lend a hand anyway i can - ask the creator of this thread for example..

i dont know how else to post pics, im not afraid of that.. just without giving exact inch by inch, cad drawing dimensions of my kit...

i guess to each his own, its just frustrating when people say im all uptight about my stuff... when im not. i've tried to help out people anyway possible, its annoying when people cant ever take that at face value -
Old 03-28-2003, 05:56 AM
Administrator

no need to get defensive about it.. i just said the picture wasn't clear..

you see that.. thats what a clear picture looks like.. if you want to be a smarta$$ with the CAD comments .. you are barking up the wrong tree.. becaues i don't put up with that ****..

I really don't give a fck who is giving you **** about your kit.. i am not.. so don't bring that **** to me.. treat me the way i treat you.. or i will start treating you the way you are treating me now..

i never called you uptite.. i never said anything about you making money.. all i said was an exhaust picture wasn't clear.. if you got beef with someone else over the way they treat you or talk about you.. address them.. not me

um, i have posted above and below of my turbo kit, close up and whole system....something you have yet to see of my competitor without actually purchasing it first. unfortunately i can not get a "radiator view" picture... its too close, or i'd show that angle too... i'm sorry i'm not in it all for the money, infact I make almost nothing, I'm more in it for the people gettin the kits - so i dont care if they make their own kit and i dont make a cent, i'll still help them make a good setup or lend a hand anyway i can - ask the creator of this thread for example..

i dont know how else to post pics, im not afraid of that.. just without giving exact inch by inch, cad drawing dimensions of my kit...

i guess to each his own, its just frustrating when people say im all uptight about my stuff... when im not. i've tried to help out people anyway possible, its annoying when people cant ever take that at face value -
Old 03-28-2003, 05:57 AM

this comin from the video master?
Old 03-28-2003, 06:00 AM

no need to get defensive about it.. i just said the picture wasn't clear..

you see that.. thats what a clear picture looks like.. if you want to be a smarta$$ with the CAD comments .. you are barking up the wrong tree.. becaues i don't put up with that ****..

I really don't give a fck who is giving you **** about your kit.. i am not.. so don't bring that **** to me.. treat me the way i treat you.. or i will start treating you the way you are treating me now..

i never called you uptite.. i never said anything about you making money.. all i said was an exhaust picture wasn't clear.. if you got beef with someone else over the way they treat you or talk about you.. address them.. not me

Can I see a pic of the header area D?
Old 03-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Originally posted by SprintMax kev, ryan.. joa or myself can't post ours
Was this written on the sales slip knowing that you couldn't post pics or was it a gentlemen agreement. For the life of me I can't understand what's the big secret. Sure someone put time and effort into developing the kit, but our nations defense doesn't rely on it. (you understnad what I'm saying) I've personally seen some turbo kits on FWD V6 that's routed different than this one. Probably similar to one of the other kits that's available from this board but I've yet to see a complete exhaust pic of those kits regardless of comp vid or not.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by CandiMan

Was this written on the sales slip knowing that you couldn't post pics or was it a gentlemen agreement. For the life of me I can't understand what's the big secret. Sure someone put time and effort into developing the kit, but our nations defense doesn't rely on it. (you understnad what I'm saying) I've personally seen some turbo kits on FWD V6 that's routed different than this one. Probably similar to one of the other kits that's available from this board but I've yet to see a complete exhaust pic of those kits regardless of comp vid or not.
nigel never told me that i couldn't take pictures of my exhaust and post them.. its kind of as you say it "silent gentlemen's agreement"
Old 03-28-2003, 06:34 AM

Actually, before i spoke to hal....

before i began speaking w/ Hal, I was planning on doing a complete writeup WITH Cad drawings (i am actually a drafter). But now im not going to, so I dont disrespect Hal.

But people, lets not get angry at each other. Lets remeber what this is all about... the cars...

i sound like a hippie...
Old 03-28-2003, 06:35 AM
Cumalittle

Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Originally posted by on_alert
before i began speaking w/ Hal, I was planning on doing a complete writeup WITH Cad drawings (i am actually a drafter). But now im not going to, so I dont disrespect Hal.

But people, lets not get angry at each other. Lets remeber what this is all about... the cars...

i sound like a hippie...
rookie...hehe...

Old 03-28-2003, 06:50 AM

i sound like a hippie...
Can I see the cAD?????? I can keep it in a special place..

Old 03-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Oooooooo......

Nice pictures! Why did you decide to change the way the piping routes to the TB?
Old 03-28-2003, 06:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Originally posted by Cumalittle

rookie...hehe...

That dude aint on freaking rookie he has to know something to do a custom project like that. Good job looking good and no that kit does not look like Hals kit in no way
Old 03-28-2003, 06:59 AM

But now im not going to, so I dont disrespect Hal.
woahh no, dont get the wrong impression go for it man!! i'm all for it honestly, in fact - any questions or any way i can help, you know the program, as usual, let me know- im happy to help anyway i can!!

and sprint... what the world, maybe some clearer pictures, the exact same resolution as on_alert's would help so here you go.. this may be shocking to you that i would post such "revealing"? stuff, but just like anyone who has ever asked me to see, they are available: link 1 2 3
that is one of many avail. setups, i of course offer differ turbo setups, intercooler routing setups (reverse this setup) and I even run dif. turbo sizes, from hybrid to straight t4 to a t62 if that is what you want.... depends on consumer want or what would suite them best

gentlemans agreement, tight

gtr: check those pics too, that combined with the vid pic / vid should best answer your q
Old 03-28-2003, 07:05 AM

this may be shocking to you that i would post such "revealing"? stuff, but just like anyone who has ever asked me to see, they are available: link 1 2 3

gtr: check those pics too, that combined with the vid pic / vid should best answer your q
Never seen those pics before, Cool!
Old 03-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

and sprint... what the world, maybe some clearer pictures, the exact same resolution as on_alert's would help so here you go.. this may be shocking to you that i would post such "revealing"? stuff, but just like anyone who has ever asked me to see, they are available: link 1 2 3
that is one of many avail.
Still not clear (too dark).
Old 03-28-2003, 07:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

more clear than yours.

brightness my friend.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Administrator

that reminds me.. i need to hack my way back to that secret part of your server to check the oil pan pics
Old 03-28-2003, 07:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

that reminds me.. i need to hack my way back to that secret part of your server to check the oil pan pics
go for it, nothing on there i wouldnt give if anyone asked.. are you blind to this thread so far ?

i mean if thats your thing though that you have to "hack" for fun? i dunno..
Old 03-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

more clear than yours.

brightness my friend.
Not really... I have them on my web server and everyone with Nigel's kit has seen the whole setup and most of the install.

By the way... don't give me an attitude. I just stated that the pictures aren't clear because they are too dark.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

go for it, nothing on there i wouldnt give if anyone asked.. are you blind to this thread so far ?

i mean if thats your thing though that you have to "hack" for fun? i dunno..
look who i quoted
Old 03-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

look who i quoted
Old 03-28-2003, 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Not really... and everyone with Nigel's kit has seen the whole setup and most of the install.
duh , they own it - i hope pfi/nigel allows them to look under their own car, and i am not talking about the pics of above my/your car, everyone in the world can see that of your(isnt a straight up runoff direct from pfi/nigel kit is it?)/nigel/pfi/dafro, how about the underneath/piping pics that i am talking of and posting....? unless i am mistaken, and please, correct me if i am, there are none of those on your site - i have only looked briefly but have yet to see the serious pics from any of nigel/pfi style kit?

sprint: sorry, i did not look close on the quote, i thought you were joking/threatening to hack haha , oops
Old 03-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Cumalittle

Originally posted by JAY25

That dude aint on freaking rookie he has to know something to do a custom project like that. Good job looking good and no that kit does not look like Hals kit in no way
rookie not as in knowledge of modding a car...but in how the orgy works...he said it's all about the car when we all knoe wat it's all really about...

Old 03-28-2003, 07:59 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

duh , they own it - i hope pfi/nigel allows them to look under their own car, and i am not talking about the pics of above my/your car, everyone in the world can see that of your(isnt a straight up 1time runoff direct from pfi/nigel kit is it?)/nigel/pfi/dafro, how about the underneath/piping pics that i am talking of and posting....? unless i am mistaken, and please, correct me if i am, there are none of those on your site - i have only looked briefly but have yet to see the serious pics from any of nigel/pfi style kit?
I'm talking about all the pictures of the pieces collectively and individually. I have pictures of the placement of all the piping laid out to how the real install would look (just like on_alert's pictures). Above, underneath, side, everything... even down to the minor fitment problems and modifications I made. They are all posted on the site but in a non-public directory.

Here is a blurred out picture of what I'm taking about:

The kit I have is derived from the 4th gen kit.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:03 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Originally posted by Y2KevSE Here is a blurred out picture of what I'm taking about:

There's that gentlemen agreement thingny
Old 03-28-2003, 08:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

are all posted on the site but in a non-public directory.

Here is a blurred out picture of...

The kit I have is derived from the 4th gen kit.
case and point.

i can see the same public pics, of a turbo and intercooler on ebay or turbonetics website... and engine bay from above? pfi's website... granted yours is 5th gen and slightly dif, but that is not pfi's kit anyways, you just said it was "derived" from their 4th gen kit? correct me if wrong please
Old 03-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

case and point.
I just mentioned your pictures were too dark and you went off on a tangent. I never said I was posting clear pictures of the setup besides the ones with the top view.

You said there were no pictures on my site and I said there were... you just can't access it.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

case and point.

i can see the same public pics, of a turbo and intercooler on ebay or turbonetics website... and engine bay from above? pfi's website... granted yours is 5th gen and slightly dif, but that is not pfi's kit anyways, you just said it was "derived" from their 4th gen kit? correct me if wrong please
Looks like you edited the post.

It's PFI's 4th gen kit modified to fit a 5th gen..... correctly.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

You said there were no pictures on my site and I said there were... you just can't access it.
hence my hacking comment
Old 03-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

hence my hacking comment
Old 03-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Cumalittle

hey you are not hiding anything from me, just from everyone else..

who's kit is that??? appears not to be mandrel bent...hmmm...according to the name of the pix seems like it's pfi/nigel's kit....

Old 03-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Cumalittle

oh how it starts from welcoming a new turbo max to turbo kit war...

Old 03-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Cumalittle
oh how it starts from welcoming a new turbo max to turbo kit war...
Old 03-28-2003, 09:24 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

I just mentioned your pictures were too dark and you went off on a tangent. I never said I was posting clear pictures of the setup besides the ones with the top view.

I haven't really been keeping up with the turbo kits, but why in the world don't you put the pics where everyone can see them?
Old 03-28-2003, 09:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Afraid of copycats basically. I think that's why they have the gentleman's agreement with Nigel.

Originally posted by ejj

I haven't really been keeping up with the turbo kits, but why in the world don't you put the pics where everyone can see them?
Old 03-28-2003, 09:33 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Originally posted by Shadow
Afraid of copycats basically. I think that's why they have the gentleman's agreement with Nigel.

So if they go to a meet, do they have to leave their hoods closed?

Its not like a turbo kit is rocket science...I don't get what the secrecy (sp?) is about.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Not sure, but I think the only thing they're worried about is the turbo feed pipe off of the exhaust manifold. I'm told that's the most difficult part to design. Everything else is pretty easy. I know at least that's what my turbo guy is telling me. He can do all the intercooler/exhaust pipes no problem, but he'd prefer to not have to do that turbo feed pipe himself and it would be easier if I just bought one somehow.

Without pictures, a shop would have to purchase the kit itself and copy it. With pictures, a good shop can build something close.

Originally posted by ejj

Its not like a turbo kit is rocket science...I don't get what the secrecy (sp?) is about.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:41 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, before i spoke to hal....

Probably becuase people spend a few thousand just on getting the pipes located right. Then somone copies the design/idea for 1/2 that. I realize copying designs is a part of business but no need to make it ultra easy for everyone.

Originally posted by ejj

Old 03-28-2003, 09:46 AM

i dont think reproduction is the fear of theirs.. but then again, what do i know?

Quick Reply: Another Turbomaxima pops up on the scene