General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The worst luck ever........long

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 11:19 AM

The worst luck ever........long

I live in the Dallas area an decided to go out saturday night. Well turns out that I parked right in a tow zone. Come out of the club and no maxima to return to. So I'm ****ed because I didn't see any towing signs untill my Maxima was towed. I have to catch a taxi to the impound and this guy is acting like he doesn't know where he's going driving in circles raising the meter. When I finally got there I owed him 40 bucks.... Then to top it off I try to get my car out. **** left money in my car so I ask to go to my car a get it. The ****er took 600 from my wallet in my car. THe towtruck driver opened my car and went through it and took anything he wanted. THis ****ed me off now what I'm broke this guy took me for almost everything I had. I know shouldn't of left my money in the car where I thought it would be safe. But I didn't expect to get towed and for the bastard to steal from me. So I ask the lady if she knew who the truck driver was and she was just playing stupid. Told me to call police which I did. And the police never came and I kept on calling them. Dallas Police suck...... So I have to walk 2 in the morning to a store to get 200 so I can get my car out before they add anymore outrages charges. Good news my Maxima wasn't neglected no new dents or anything. But still I'm ****ed I got to find a way to get my money back it's basically my word against theirs. But they royally screwed me. For anyone in the Dallas area beware of AJ's wrecking service and your surroundings don't get your car towed by these bastards.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey 3rd gen, I live in Garland area, too. Totally sucks about getting towed. I had a similar thing happen to me once- towing company stole some stuff out of my car, but I couldn't prove it. Pi$$es you off because they stand right there and lie to you, the ba$tards..forget about the cops, cause without proof, they do nothing..Gld to hear the car wasn't damaged, though.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:45 PM
It's chrome alright...

you should still report it to the police... it might end up helping someone down the road when they have enough reports against them.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damn, that sucks man.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
you should still report it to the police... it might end up helping someone down the road when they have enough reports against them.
I think there are two ways to do it:
First, report it to cops and say you had a witness (friend, gf, anyone - better than no one anyway) that saw you leaving money in your car. When you came back - nothing's there.

Second: (might sound a little crazy, but it DOES help) mount a little wireless camera (you can get one for about $90 www.digitalww.com). I would suggest using another car tho, in case they remember that you know they steal. Leave some cash in the car and park it somewhere where they're gonna tow it (not give a ticket, but tow) and then see what happens.

Well, of course there is a risk that no one's gonna steal anything and you will end up paying all those fines again. But if you guys are sure that they always steal, i think it'b be a good way to stop.

and if anyone of you tow truck drivers (who steal) are looking, know, WE ARE AFTER YOU!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by carabuser
I think there are two ways to do it:
First, report it to cops and say you had a witness (friend, gf, anyone - better than no one anyway) that saw you leaving money in your car. When you came back - nothing's there.

Second: (might sound a little crazy, but it DOES help) mount a little wireless camera (you can get one for about $90 www.digitalww.com). I would suggest using another car tho, in case they remember that you know they steal. Leave some cash in the car and park it somewhere where they're gonna tow it (not give a ticket, but tow) and then see what happens.

Well, of course there is a risk that no one's gonna steal anything and you will end up paying all those fines again. But if you guys are sure that they always steal, i think it'b be a good way to stop.

and if anyone of you tow truck drivers (who steal) are looking, know, WE ARE AFTER YOU!!!

that sucks man

do carabuser's idea
Old 10-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Custom User Title...

i'm sorry to hear about your bad experience and stolen money. i would be just as mad but at the same time, why would you leave $600 in your car? do you not have an alarm either? if i didn't i would never leave my wallet, let alone anything of value in there. i make sure i always have my $$ close to me but i also try to make sure i'm not carrying that much cash with me. howcome you had that much??
Old 10-06-2003, 04:21 PM

bastard *******s... They left a dent on my door once... who knows what they stole...
Old 10-06-2003, 05:38 PM

How did they open the doors?
Old 10-07-2003, 10:29 AM

I only have the stock alarm doesn't really do that good. And Im guessing they used a slim jim to open my doors. I'm going to file a police report and see what that'll do. The towing company gave me a claim of damage report that i have to mail off to the department of transportation..... not sure if I'll get my money back but I'm going to try to. I do know that this company has had a lot of complaints, they've been on the local news a couple of times too. It's just like you said I have no hard evidence on them just that I learned my lesson the hard way I guess. But who knows maybe everything will work out.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:03 PM

maybe if u report them to the better business bureau it'll help? also, that camera idea might be a good idea.