General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Everything about Pulleys!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004 | 08:34 PM

Everything about Pulleys!!

I think its my time to get some pulleys, so i have some questions for you guys...

- any problem with your dealer or with your warranty?
- do you feel more power?
- what do you guys know about Motorstorm pulleys? (its very cheap on GD for like $75)
- any problem with your car after that?

thanks...
Old 01-28-2004 | 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by GreekMaxima
I think its my time to get some pulleys, so i have some questions for you guys...

- any problem with your dealer or with your warranty?
- do you feel more power?
- what do you guys know about Motorstorm pulleys? (its very cheap on GD for like $75)
- any problem with your car after that?

No problems with dealer since I didn't have a warranty when I installed mine, the power gain is not that noticeable, but when you turn your A/C on, the car doesn't slow down any, if you have a stereo I heard it's not a good idea to get a UDP due to the fact it produces less energy, I haven't heard anything about Motorstorm pulleys, and I personally have not had problems with anything since I did my install (knock on wood)...some people say that it starts to leak oil...but maybe because they didn't replace the seal behind it. Hope this helps.

Nick
Old 01-28-2004 | 10:21 PM

Postin everywhere huh greek? Just noticed the thing about the AC and Stereo: There is no more lag when you put the AC on, which is awsome
I have two 600 watt subs in my Max, and have had absolutely NO problems with them since installing the UDP last summer. I dont have a capacitor either. Just thought i'd throw that in
Old 01-29-2004 | 05:52 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=281924

Old 01-29-2004 | 06:22 AM
Old Timer

Hey there. I got the Motostorm pulley from Tyler in the group buy about a month ago when it was one bill shipped. It is on the car, and I love it. I wont say that it gives alot of power, but it seems to have widened the power band tremendously. I'm running a small sytem of about 300 watts, and I've got no problems. A/C works fine, engine is still very smooth, and I have absolutely no oil leaks from the front seal. I do have a slight squeel on very very cold mornings, and its only because I didn't get the belts quite tight enough. I will be adjusting that today. What happens, is the Aluminum pulley contracts in the cold weather, cause a slight bit more slack in the belt thus causing the squeel. No big deal. Just tightening the belts a bit, and I'm set. Other than that, I love it.

-David-
Old 01-29-2004 | 11:54 AM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by d_warner
Hey there. I got the Motostorm pulley from Tyler in the group buy about a month ago when it was one bill shipped. It is on the car, and I love it. I wont say that it gives alot of power, but it seems to have widened the power band tremendously. I'm running a small sytem of about 300 watts, and I've got no problems. A/C works fine, engine is still very smooth, and I have absolutely no oil leaks from the front seal. I do have a slight squeel on very very cold mornings, and its only because I didn't get the belts quite tight enough. I will be adjusting that today. What happens, is the Aluminum pulley contracts in the cold weather, cause a slight bit more slack in the belt thus causing the squeel. No big deal. Just tightening the belts a bit, and I'm set. Other than that, I love it.

-David-
What do u mean by it widened the powerband? I got a Motostorm too and i'm going to install it once it gets warmer.
Old 01-29-2004 | 02:03 PM
Old Timer

It feels as if the power comes on sooner, and the car pulls much longer than with the stock pulley. It just feels as though the lighter pulley has "freed" up more power in the parts of the band that were originally the weakest part.
Old 01-29-2004 | 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by d_warner
It feels as if the power comes on sooner, and the car pulls much longer than with the stock pulley. It just feels as though the lighter pulley has "freed" up more power in the parts of the band that were originally the weakest part.

^wow, just like its supposed too.......

Cant wait to get one, I just gotta figure out which brand now
Old 01-29-2004 | 02:16 PM

damn.. I was considering getting new pulleys.. However, I am running 3 amps, a yellow top, and a Fared Capacitor.Will i get screwed if a get new UDP'z?

Im running
(2) JBL 1200.1 (1200 watt amp)
(1) JL Audio 300.4 (300 watt amp)