General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I got roadkilled by a Cressida and a TRD Solara>

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2000, 05:43 AM
NeO OnE 2

Last Sunday I was cruising through Brooklyn trying to find the illegalz that Jose told me about. I stopped at a light(I don't remember what street) and this old Toyota Cressida with a lot of interior rainbow colored gauges pulled up next to me and gave me a stupid look. I really thought that the gauges were all looks But I was wrong. Then, he revved his engine so I knew that I had to show this fool what's up. As soon as the light turned green I sort of gave him a head start but after a block we got caught in another red light. This time he asked me not to give him a break and to go all out. I said ok and when it turned green I torque braked and spun my tires a little bit and I took off the line. I had about a car-length and gaining. All of a sudden I hear his loud muffler and then a "puff!", after that he was pretty much walking away from me like a GS4 did once.

On Monday I was heading back home from school on the GranCentralParkway heading west. I saw a TRD Solara cruising ahead of me so I pulled next to him and he started going a little bit faster. At about 70mph we both punched it. We were right next to each other until about a 110 mph... and then very very slowly started to pull ahead of me about half a car-length, then a full car-length and then he got off the Parkway. Anyone know the performance specs of a TRD Solara?

Old 10-07-2000, 10:26 AM

November issue of C&D has a article on the TRD Solara.
0-60...6.3 sec (stock 5sp does 7.0)
1/4 mile....14.9 (stock does 15.6)
They tested a loaded 5 speed manual with the TRD roots type
SuperCharger
247 HP...up from 200HP
242 lb-ft..up from 214 lb-ft

Very nice car...

A error I believe in the article is under the specs column
they say it is intercooled...They don't talk about the
intercooler and from the looks of where the SC sits (up
against the firewall) I don't believe they could get the
plumbing required to feed a intercooler....Too many bends
would be required and this would be a very ineffient design.

Tmeyers-Colorado

Old 10-07-2000, 11:57 AM

trd solaras are tight! a guy who used to live on my street used to have one. the body kit and rims are sweet.
Old 10-07-2000, 03:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Local Toyota tech told me they had a s/c Solara 5 speed that ran around 14 seconds flat.....comparable to s/c max.
Old 10-07-2000, 07:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what is "torque braking"? & what does TRD stand 4? eom

Old 10-07-2000, 07:29 PM

I know the cressida you are talking about its has a turbo->

There are about 20 or so cressida in brooklyn that has turbo. Its the same turbo thats in the 2nd gen supra. they haul *** plus the cressida body is lighter than the supra. So when you are in BKLYN you will see a few of them don't mess with them. If you had a 5speed with the usual mods then it would be close. Anyway did you find the Ilegals or you got lost? I didn't go last week but I will be there this sunday after I come back from EnglishTown. I wouldn't miss this sunday
its going to be pack!!!!

Originally posted by NeO OnE 2
Last Sunday I was cruising through Brooklyn trying to find the illegalz that Jose told me about. I stopped at a light(I don't remember what street) and this old Toyota Cressida with a lot of interior rainbow colored gauges pulled up next to me and gave me a stupid look. I really thought that the gauges were all looks But I was wrong. Then, he revved his engine so I knew that I had to show this fool what's up. As soon as the light turned green I sort of gave him a head start but after a block we got caught in another red light. This time he asked me not to give him a break and to go all out. I said ok and when it turned green I torque braked and spun my tires a little bit and I took off the line. I had about a car-length and gaining. All of a sudden I hear his loud muffler and then a "puff!", after that he was pretty much walking away from me like a GS4 did once.

On Monday I was heading back home from school on the GranCentralParkway heading west. I saw a TRD Solara cruising ahead of me so I pulled next to him and he started going a little bit faster. At about 70mph we both punched it. We were right next to each other until about a 110 mph... and then very very slowly started to pull ahead of me about half a car-length, then a full car-length and then he got off the Parkway. Anyone know the performance specs of a TRD Solara?

Old 10-09-2000, 07:07 AM
NeO OnE 2

Re: I know the cressida you are talking about its has a turbo->

Originally posted by Jose
There are about 20 or so cressida in brooklyn that has turbo. Its the same turbo thats in the 2nd gen supra. they haul *** plus the cressida body is lighter than the supra. So when you are in BKLYN you will see a few of them don't mess with them. If you had a 5speed with the usual mods then it would be close. Anyway did you find the Ilegals or you got lost? I didn't go last week but I will be there this sunday after I come back from EnglishTown. I wouldn't miss this sunday
its going to be pack!!!!

Originally posted by NeO OnE 2

I went there all by myself Jose. I was hoping that you were there. I was the only asian dude there and they were all just hanging out in the crowded parking lot so I left. It seemed pretty dead.