General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Totaled my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:57 PM

Wheels look like they survived.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by CKOTuHA
I was asking for a sugestion so that insurance company won't rape me, instead all of you are crying about that I learned my lesson. Accident is an accident. I'm sure all of you don't drive with speed limit.
I don't fly every day, but once in a while I like to drive fast.

Thanks to everyone who was trying to help and not just be a smart ***.
No you got it all wrong.

Mostly everyone on this thead is wishing you well but forget that. You made your own bed and no one else caused this to you. I couldn see if you were cut off or something.

I hope the insurance company rapes you because when you feel like doing 90 around a turn that's not made for it then crash, you are raping the people that don't drive that way.

I see nothing wrong with driving over the speed limit but there is a limit when it becomes dangerous, especially when you have someone else in the car.

Hell, I drove 90 yesterday on the MA Pike but most of the people on the road were driving that fast and there weren't any turns.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:25 AM

I remember seeing pics of your max once you completed the E55 Projector setup. It was obvious you cared about it. I also can understand that after all the money most of us spend on performance and handling modifications, we sometimes can over-estimate the ability of these cars.

Hope all works out for you, and if I were you, I’d go back to the junk yard and get all my parts off the car.

Junkyard lots are notorious for claming that their holding lots was vandalized and/or robbed the night before.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:38 AM

well think of this as a learning experience. When i got into my one and only accident, i was grateful that i was able to walk away from it. These things happen but you should always do what you can to advoid it. In any case, glad to see that the car did its job and kept all of you safe. You should be able to get your parts off the car because its still your wreck of a car.

Btw. dibs on thw rims if you get them off.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:03 AM

Dibs on the projector bezels if they are still good.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 AM

damn sorry to hear that.....
Old 08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I wanna be at my maximum

police calls for towing

Originally Posted by SDot82
I would go get your stuff off the car because he can not tell you what you can and can't do with your car.

My financee's family owns a tow truck business -- and the reason they won't let you even get your car to do anywork is becuase if anything changes from the time the cars goes into their yard to the time the adjuster comes out -- it's for them to pay for. 99% of towing companies won't let you do anything -- not even see the car up close until the adjuster comes out.

Being that this was a police rotation (call via the police to an accident) they have to pay all sorts of fees and what-not that gets passed on to the ins. co -- so when they get the car, they take detailed photos as soon as they can, as well pictures of the car on the truck to show how it was moved to show they did not add to the damage.

It really isn't them being so **** like -- mostly state regulations and "towing" laws that are set up to limit the customers ability to get more $$ than they should.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:05 PM

Wow...its good you were all okay - especially since it was such a high speed collision! Now I'm kind of glad the highest speed limit around here is 55. 4th gen Maxima's seem to be pretty safe in roll overs.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:06 PM

I didn't mean to scam something to make money out of insurance. I meant that I wanted as much money as possible for my car, because I know how bad insurance rapes people.
They give you something for the car, but for that money you can't buy the same car.
So what I meant is to get some hints what to say to the estimator and what to do to get the true value of the car.
And by the way, I'm paying **** load of money for my full covearage insurance, why the hell should I get whatever they tell me. No matter what other people would cheat the system and my rate would be high.

By the way I towed the car to my friends shop. I will take some mods out since estimator told me that I won't get **** for it. Receipts don't help.
As of now I have a Stillen kit, rear LED tails, Microvision with PIoneer DVD, and some other things.
Don't know prices yet so you can give me some offers and if it won't be sold local its yours.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
no more maxima...

I didn't mean to scam something to make money out of insurance. I meant that I wanted as much money as possible for my car, because I know how bad insurance rapes people.
They give you something for the car, but for that money you can't buy the same car.
So what I meant is to get some hints what to say to the estimator and what to do to get the true value of the car.
And by the way, I'm paying **** load of money for my full covearage insurance, why the hell should I get whatever they tell me. No matter what other people would cheat the system and my rate would be high.

By the way I towed the car to my friends shop. I will take some mods out since estimator told me that I won't get **** for it. Receipts don't help.
As of now I have a Stillen kit, rear LED tails, Microvision with PIoneer DVD, and some other things.
Don't know prices yet so you can give me some offers and if it won't be sold local its yours.
Did the projectors survive? The passenger side looks OK, but I am sure the rear housing is busted to pieces.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:40 PM

I haven't checked that yet. I couldn't open up the hood. I will do it within a few days
Old 08-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chernmax
By any chance where you driving or a 17 year old banned kid name ROSHAN???

Glad everyone is OK though...
Sounds all too familiar....teens + maxima =
Old 08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned

Seein those pix makes me feel better about getting hit with an egg.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. .. where did you crash? Im intrested in knowing where this happened if you dont mind sharing the info.

And for the records, Nangkang tires are garbage, expecially for high demand performance driving.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:24 AM

You can always go to the towing place and take all your aftermarket stuff off.
Insurance might cover the aftermarket stuff if you have receipts. Check with your insurance.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Shift_MajesticFemale

Verry sorry about your loss... My BF just totaled his 01 I30 Last week.. what a loss...
pm me when you decide if you will be selling the dvd unit
Old 08-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Sounds all too familiar....teens + maxima =
Well said bro...

My spin...

Teen + Maxima - pilots license =
Old 08-03-2005, 01:03 PM

After look at those pics, God was definietly on your side that day.......I hope things work out for you. But take it easy driving at that speed man.......especially on a sharp turn....not good....
Old 08-03-2005, 05:27 PM

Ok here it goes:
Passenger side headlight is completely fine with projector, ballast and ignitor. Both bulbs are fine. On the drivers side, ignitor is fine, ballast I can't get to unless I chainsaw the front. Projector itself is not really damaged, maybe straigten it a little.
I have G35 tails all in good condition, no cracks or scratches.
Also have Mille Miglias, 2 of the wheels are fine, 2 have curb rash all the way around. Tires are fine to drive. DOn't expect a lot, but don't want them to sell like stock 16s. This set is local, no shipping.
Have chrome handles, good condition.
Microvision in dash and DVD player I want to sell as one piece. Unless I get a good offer, I will keep it.
Also have a stillen kit, brand new lip and used sides with rears. Want to sell it together and local.

All this stuff prefered to be local. Some of it I might sell to my friends. So give me your offers and we'll see from there.
Just PM me.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Handles and suspension are gone
Old 08-05-2005, 10:51 AM

Yeah, glad to hear that everyone is okay, but hopefully it is a lesson learned and becareful because you are very fortunate....well good luck with the insurance company.....
Old 08-05-2005, 01:44 PM

Is the stillen kit painted?/
Old 08-05-2005, 05:26 PM

The front lip is brand new with warrenty, sides and rear are painted dark blue.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

any plans on what car your lookin to get next?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:49 PM

what did they end up giving you for your totaled max?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:15 PM

Well, we had a divinder, then slid on the side for a few seconds and then flipped over. I don't have pics since my camera was not with me. But it was bad.
I actually almost had tears in my eyes when I saw my car ****ed like that.
That still doesn't explain how you "FLIPPED" the car. Where you speeding or what ?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by nirvana4all
what did they end up giving you for your totaled max?
I'm still waiting for insurance company to give me an answer. They said that at the end of this week I will know.

I'm looking for a car but not sure what to get. I wanted Acura TL type S but some people say its not that good and I still couldn't find anything with my budget (under 14K). I would get an 02 max, but they are still expensive and I don't like them too much. No offence to 5th gen guys.
I would love to get a 4th gen just like mine, but all I see is stock ones. I don't want to drive a stock max for a long time. It will feel weird. Plus I'm not sure about 4th gen since they are getting old.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Blackbob
That still doesn't explain how you "FLIPPED" the car. Where you speeding or what ?
He was doing 80 - 90 around a turn.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Maxrider24/7
Yeah, glad to hear that everyone is okay, but hopefully it is a lesson learned and becareful because you are very fortunate....well good luck with the insurance company.....

Be careful though...I posted an anti street racing post that didn't go over too well and took a lot of heat for it. Looks like there are a lot of people who feel it is perfectly OK to do these sorts of things. Of course, I did it too when I was younger.

Glad everyone walked away...this time.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by deezo
He was doing 80 - 90 around a turn.

Not to sound like a ****.......

But you had it comming...80-90 around a turn, in a max ,WTF ? Did you just get done watching 2f2f ?...holy SHIAT MAN !..Well Good to see that you and your girl are ok.that'sto say if she is crazy enough to trust your driving again. Good thing your looking at BIG *** CARS !!!..Or maybe you should look into an older integra and mod the F$%# out the suspension sense you like "cornering" so much.

Just My .02
Old 08-08-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Blackbob
Not to sound like a ****.......

But you had it comming...80-90 around a turn, in a max ,WTF ? Did you just get done watching 2f2f ?...holy SHIAT MAN !..Well Good to see that you and your girl are ok.that'sto say if she is crazy enough to trust your driving again. Good thing your looking at BIG *** CARS !!!..Or maybe you should look into an older integra and mod the F$%# out the suspension sense you like "cornering" so much.

Just My .02
i have the same 2 cents on that. Seriously, you really asked for it. I'm surprised you were (dumb) enough to post that information. I'm glad you don't mind taking your friends and gf lives in your ignorant hands.

so i count that to be 4 cents against you. with everyone else's 2 cents telling you that you were pretty dumb for doing that and wanting to BOOST up what ur insurance gets you, i think we might have a dollar here for you.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:53 PM

Everybody speeds, some better then others
Old 08-08-2005, 08:18 PM

Listen you all, it wasn't a 90 degree turn. It was like a long curve.
And I'm not proud of it at all.
I'm getting enough **** for this, I don't need your comments.
I was just posting to show how thankful I am that I got out with my passengers and what a quality vehicle maxima is.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:59 PM

We know that,we are just saying think TWICE next time(which I am sure you will)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
aaron lavigne FTG

Well, we had a divinder, then slid on the side for a few seconds and then flipped over. I don't have pics since my camera was not with me. But it was bad.
I actually almost had tears in my eyes when I saw my car ****ed like that.
Dude i know exactly how u feel i flipped my gti and slid on the hood for about 300 yds 2 months ago. i walked away with minor scratches and went to school 45 mins later. the next day i was able to go and get all the after market things off of it as long as i had the stock ones to replace it
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by sickmax
Dude i know exactly how u feel i flipped my gti and slid on the hood for about 300 yds 2 months ago. i walked away with minor scratches and went to school 45 mins later. the next day i was able to go and get all the after market things off of it as long as i had the stock ones to replace it
Good thing you both plan on driving big *** cars !

good luck to yah
Old 08-17-2005, 10:11 AM

man that is horrible... thank goodness everybody was ok.