General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

DrFuelMax review and real life test! Amazing results.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Oh noes NISSAN GOT THE MILEAGE RIGHT! Could it be, omg just could it be, that he had a bad tank of gas! No it can't be. It must be this magic product that brought the MPG back to stock.
I don't think that there needs to be a bad tank of gas to explain it. From what MrsOleg says (quoted below), it sounds like it was stop and go on the way (city-like) and clear the way back.
Originally Posted by MrsOleg
Oleg drove 90% of the way back, I drove most of the way there. There was a lot of stop and go traffic if that makes a difference.
Edit: Took out a bit of confusion.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:52 PM

If this thread is offensive, or this board is, DONT READ IT! its that simple, you wont be offended by sometihng that you dont see...

Now, i assume there is no way to get access to the OT section without a donation?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:53 PM

Ohh and PS i emailed them too, nothing yet
Old 08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
this place is dead

Originally Posted by MrGone
19mpg out of a Maxima on a highway trip means your car needs to go in for service, or you'll be posting bail soon.
nah, I've gotten 25mpg averagring 85 from philly to boston..which is well into the jail range..some of that was over 100, so to get all the way to 19mpg might be impossible....service is far more likely.

Originally Posted by tochihashi
I have never mentioned anything about our research being funded through Toyota. However, a great part of our research did indeed take place within their facilities under our discretion. We were lucky in a sense that the regional director for the facility we have utilized in particular, was a close friend who had given us the privilege of the facility use.
AND...IF you knew the regional director, and these things worked...it would be in Toyotas.

Double Kei Inc. wanted to make this transition more affordable to environmentally conscientious consumers, by providing a one time application fuel catalyst at a low price instead of upgrading the cars that they all ready have.
The logic fails me here, if this worked, IT WOULD BE IN TOYOTAS. Just because a piece of equipment is in a particular brand of car does NOT mean it's unavailable to the public. Johnson Matthey (matthey.com) makes catalysts for Honda, Volvo, CAT, Ford, Mitsu, Dodge, etc...YOU WOULD NOT BE LIMITED TO A PARTICULAR VENDOR OR ARRANGEMENT UNLESS YOU AGREED TO ONE. They also do a very small amount of aftermarket stuff, but the big dogs pay the bills.

As for the "hawking" accusation; "I resent that." It just so happened that my business partner was the president and founder of <nyc.maximas.org>, and my partner and I have decided to offer this catalyst to a small group of individuals within that site just to break the ice and ease the way.
I said to....not with...hawking stuff TO a bunch of questionable characters, that was a tongue in cheek reference to the members of this board.
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...2&postcount=84

Also my friend, it seems that you could use some remedial English yourself, for "handling and engine performance and not interchangeable terms makes for a run-on sentence and does not make sense."
Learning lingo and remedial english are two different things, I was trying to be friendly with that comment. I meant to say "are not interchangeable"...you win....What bothers me here is that if you read ANY science journals at all, and ARE in fact some type of scientist, you would not care about run-on sentences, only facts.

I would seriously advise that you think before you make absurd accusations. Thank you.
I'm going to go ahead here and say nothing I've said is absurd, and more power to you if you can prove me wrong. And I won't care if your english is bad, facts are facts....
Old 08-15-2006, 01:33 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by mroleg
Metal Maxima: Dude after I met you I thought you were a decent guy but you are just a f.a.g. I want you to tell this to my wife when I am standing right next to her.
Oleg, if you took the time to read the f'ucking post you would see THAT THE RESPONSE WAS INTENDED TOWARDS KOBAYASHI!

So I made a sarcastic response towards her AS SHE HAD TOTALLY MISCONSTRUED WHAT A POSTED.

All of my responses have been gear at the vendor, NOT YOU OR YOUR WIFE!!!! HOW IN THE HELL IT WAS READ OTHERWISE IS BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION
Old 08-15-2006, 01:37 PM

People are too touchey nowadays, ITS A ONLINE FORUM, take it with a grain of salt, and mabye 2 grains of pepper,
Old 08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by packetattack
Dan, please send the catalyst back to Tim, I expect he will pick it up from you in Jersey.
Rishi, Tim and I have made plans to renezvous such that the transaction will occur.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:43 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by D Love
IMO, you're the one who's way out of line. If Metal is like me, then he probably thought that that post was made by MrOleg. Afterall, that was the first time that we ever heard from his wife, and it's not hard to miss that little 's.'
No, MrsOleg made the retorrt towards me, WHICH WAS A RETORT TO MY COMMENT TO THE 'INVENTOR'. Completley misinterpreted.

Originally Posted by D Love
BTW, isn't e-thugging a violation of the rules?

4) Personal attacks and/or moderator bashing will not be tolerated under any circumstances. No exceptions. This is a ZERO-Tolerance policy. Attacking a member via PM, Instant Messenger, and Email will also be considered a personal attack. Violation of this rule results in immediate Level 4 sanctions.

Sanction Levels:
Level 1 - Private Warning
Level 2 - Temporary Banishment (1 Week)
Level 3 - Temporary Banishment (2 Weeks to 1 Month - Dependent on Offense)
Level 4 - Permanent Banishment

Old 08-15-2006, 01:59 PM

again OT is only for donaters?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:07 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Metal Maxima]

PM sent.

Warren
Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by ramberg
PM sent.
Reponse Sent.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Kevlo for President

Aye man. What's this PM shiz
Old 08-15-2006, 02:40 PM
"and falling like a rock"

ok this thread is done... lets stop this before it turns into another My MPG>Yours Please...

Wait for MrGone to do some testing. BTW I'd love to help you out any way I can, making graphs, webpage, anything really. I would love to attack this with the same scientific attitude that they (try) to use on Myth Busters.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by mroleg
Going to North Carolina without DrFuelMax
602 Miles -- 93 Octane gas used 31.8 Gallons

Coming back from North Carolina with DrFuelMax installed:
598 Miles -- 93 Octane gas used 21.2 Gallons

As you can see it is almost 30% fuel economy. I can tell you guys if we didnt hit stop-and-go traffic for about 2 hours we would probably have made it on one tank.

Few other things I have noticed. The engine works a lot more quiet. For example at the cruising speed of 70 Mph and RPMs abot 2200 I didn't hear the engine at all.

Accelerator response imroved as well. I used to have a little lag as I step hard on gas. The delay is gone now.

All in all this is an amazig product and IMHO worth every penny. Especially for us driving 1200 miles every other week.

DrFuelMax can be found here. Make sure you read FAQ.
If this is so revolutionary, why don't car manufactures do this?

You can't possibly expect massive amounts of people to spend this kind of money just because you posted some trial on a message board and now substantial proof to back it up.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
No, MrsOleg made the retorrt towards me, WHICH WAS A RETORT TO MY COMMENT TO THE 'INVENTOR'. Completley misinterpreted.
Yeah, it'd been a while between the time that I read that, and made my post. I knew I was confused about something dealing what that subject, but my confusion was really with her interpretation of your comment, and nothing that you said. My bad.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=SilverMaxima06]If this is so revolutionary, why don't car manufactures do this?

Car manufactures and oil companies just want to suck your money out of your pocket.

Who knows how many inventers were paid off by these companies.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm needing a caw

Are you convinced based solely on the report that was posted here? I mean you have to admit, there's alot to be desired with that "report".

[QUOTE=ramberg]
Originally Posted by SilverMaxima06

Car manufactures and oil companies just want to suck your money out of your pocket.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:17 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by ramberg
Car Sales are a vertebrae of the US...nay, the WORLD economy.

Consider how well it would serve the entire auto indutrsy to have but 3, 4 cars that would have exceptional gas mileage without sacrificing performance.

The reduction in fuel sales for an increase in auto sales would indeed be one that'd behoove the entire market economy.

Better gas mileage = more money in one's pocket = larger OVERALL sales in ALL facets of the economy.

I simply cannot buy high fossil fuel prices is a function of a 'conspiracy theory'. Exxon had RECORD PROFITS, as did the Oil Cartels.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:17 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

I dunno, a company that has sold 1 million units in one country would be expected to bomb into another market.. they wouldn't wasn't time on small time forums - they'd go to companies and make millions in foreign countries.

Who knows though..I still like to dream it might be real...
Old 08-15-2006, 03:19 PM
† ErV †

did you work things out with mrgone for the sample? just so that everyone can shutup for 2 weeks...

Old 08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by † ErV †
did you work things out with mrgone for the sample? just so that everyone can shutup for 2 weeks...
Read Rishi's post.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:22 PM

Car manufactures want to make money, they make money by selling cars, if they have a car that has a big V8, but gets 4cyl econ, it will sell, they would use this, IF it worked
Old 08-15-2006, 03:25 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by kcryan
Car manufactures want to make money, they make money by selling cars, if they have a car that has a big V8, but gets 4cyl econ, it will sell, they would use this, IF it worked
Old 08-15-2006, 03:45 PM
wat

Hey guys im selling a tampon that gives you 100000 miles to the tank for 1,000 dollars who wants it?!?! Oh yeah it will make ur car's headlights brigher, handle bumps better, and best of all it restores the transmission to new! And all ya gotta do is shove it in your gastank!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:46 PM
† ErV †

Read Rishi's post.

i have no clue who rishi is nor do i care but i read everything and there is a mention of randevouz (can't decipher the spanglish on this one) in NJ or something like that......

so i take it no. expected.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by chopstix2nrz
Hey guys im selling a tampon that gives you 100000 miles to the tank for 1,000 dollars who wants it?!?! Oh yeah it will make ur car's headlights brigher, handle bumps better, and best of all it restores the transmission to new! And all ya gotta do is shove it in your gastank!
I'll give you a good idea where you can shove this post.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Droppin logs

Best thread EVAR!!!

9/10 but will reserve highest mark for Gone's findings.

again OT is only for donaters?
Donate now.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:48 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by † ErV †
i have no clue who rishi is nor do i care but i read everything and there is a mention of randevouz (can't decipher the spanglish on this one) in NJ or something like that......

so i take it no. expected.
Rendezvous is French.

It's French for 'gimme a liter of cola.'

Yes, Gone will be recieving it once Facey is done with it.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:06 PM

Uhh sir, i dont think we server Liter-a-cola
Old 08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
† ErV †

Rendezvous is French.

It's French for 'gimme a liter of cola.'

Yes, Gone will be recieving it once Facey is done with it.
ok. can't wait for his results

Old 08-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Kevlo for President

I got 99mpg from the magic vibrator.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
I got 99mpg from the magic vibrator.

Wow,bring it to maxus...I might use it...

For a wheel chock
Old 08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Kevlo for President

I shoved it so far in there I can't take it out.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Droppin logs

Uhh sir, i dont think we server Liter-a-cola
"It's for a cop."
Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM

Whats that supposed to mean, he gonna spit in it now??
Old 08-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

So, I'm assuming we won't be seeing any upcoming GD's for this product
Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 PM

wow i actually read all 8 pages of this crap... are people actually buying this on the nyc maxima fourms?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by 89blackse
Wait for MrGone to do some testing. BTW I'd love to help you out any way I can, making graphs, webpage, anything really. I would love to attack this with the same scientific attitude that they (try) to use on Myth Busters.
In order for the results to be meaningful, the tests must be double-blind to control for placebo effects. An independent auditor will have to give MrGone two identical looking devices--one real and one fake. Only the auditor will know which is which. This is to make sure MrGone doesn't consciously/unconsciously alter his driving style. He would need to make separate runs with each device (resetting his tank & odo between each run) under similar driving conditions (speed, traffic, temp, etc.). The more runs, the better. Once the results are in, the auditor will reveal which device was the real one. I can't stress how important this double-blind procedure is. Otherwise, there will always be questions of whether MrGone drove more conservatively, knowing the device was in his tank.

edit: Actually, an alternative might be to just idle the car for an hour with the device in and see how much gas is burned. Then compare that to how much gas is burned idling for an hour without the device. That would better eliminate differences caused by variability in driving styles and driving conditions. That would also be easier to repeat/reproduce. Of course, because the device displaces some gas in the tank, you must remember to top off after removing the device. Otherwise, it would look like you used more gas without the device in your tank. Good luck with your experiments. Keep us posted.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:38 AM
"and falling like a rock"

there are several ways to test this product. You could idle the engine forever, but in the end it is not a real world test and would only leave more questions like "yeah but what if he ran the car at higher RPMs?" and such.

bigEL I agree with you that we need a control run, but the best (cheapest) way to do this is just to have one of Gone’s friends go in and install the unit for one run, then take it out for then next (or vica versa ) but don’t tell Gone. To remove (some) statistical error, the test should be preformed at least 3 times I think.

1 test = 1 tank w/ unit installed + 1 tank w/o unit installed
Old 08-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Hooooooonda.....

[QUOTE=ramberg]
Originally Posted by SilverMaxima06

do you seriously believe the garbage you write? Why wouldn't a car manufacturer put this in all their cars and advertise the EPA MPG figures with teh 30% increase as opposed to the old numbers? Gas is expensive so people would believe it...

Quick Reply: DrFuelMax review and real life test! Amazing results.