General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Diamond ring went inside front defrost vent I need to remove dashboard! HELP ME!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:41 AM
mixshows

not to be an @sshole,
but how does your fiancees ring cost more than your car u drive?

Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 2da mizzax
^^^^Damn that sig is annoying!!! ^^^^
That thing gots to go!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Be sure to post some pics of the dash after you tear it all apart. Maybe a tutorial in case anyone else has a fiance/wife that goes ape-sh*t.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:54 AM

Damn, that sucks that she threw the ring.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Holy......good luck man, I really really hope everything goes well in your hunt.

How about getting some a flexible auto grabber tool, mirror, and flexible magnetic tip tool. All three will help immensily once you get the dash off. I'm betting it's tight quarters.

Well, look at it this way, for $15k the thing's gotta sparkle liek crazy right? Easy to find at night

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:04 AM

Step 1. **** Can the girl
Step 2. Find Ring in Dash Assembly
Step 3. **** Can Maxima
Step 4. Use Combined value of Sold ring and car to get a better, faster, hotter car.
Step 5. Use New Car to upgrade to Better, Faster Hotter girl
Step 6. String girl along for S3X with hot car without commiting to relationship
Step 7. Live happily ever after

The End
Old 02-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by mixshows
clearly your wife/gf wears the pants in your house

Yes CLEARLY...

not to be an @sshole,
but how does your fiancees ring cost more than your car u drive?
The car is not the most important things... A car is one of the WORST investments you can have. Why waste money on a more expensive car if the max does the job just fine?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:36 AM
STFU n00b!

some people don't think that way, Kev.. for some people, their car may as well be their *******. the bigger and $$, the better they think they are.

(That's why the newest car in my fleet is a '96)....
Old 02-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I hail all the way from the G35 forums with the desire to post here only once

Which indicates that MAYBE I have too much time on my hands...

I think that this situation presents you with a very unique oppertunity. Seriously any chick that THROWS a 15k ring has issues. Granted you may want to accept the fact that she has anger management issues and pyschological problems and marry the chick but if you decide otherwise you now have a solid excuse to drop her.

I would say FIND the ring and return it....but don't tell her you found it.

Tell her she cost you 15k cause she is stupid and your leaving her.....

or

If you decide to stay with her buy her a very small diamond with the excuse that you don't want to waste another 15k. Do some mods to your car, go on a vacation, buy a bunch of crack and hokkers and have a week of partying...do something fun with the 15k.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 AM

So I got the entire dash out and started fishing. I was hoping it would just be right there on one of the doors or in the heater unit but no! I have no idea where it's at at this point. Next step is I'm gonna have the AC discharged by my mechanic and take the whole heating and cooling system out and start dismanteling from under the hood. He said he might also be able to get a endoscope thing so I can look inside things with a camera. It's looking like a lost cause!! Glad I insured the thing under my home owners insurance! Should I change the heater core while I'm at it?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
mixshows

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Yes CLEARLY...

The car is not the most important things... A car is one of the WORST investments you can have. Why waste money on a more expensive car if the max does the job just fine?

so you wont spend 15k on comfortable car that doesnt break down on you everywhere you go but youll spend 15k on a diamond-fu#$%ng ring? love IS blind.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
mixshows

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
some people don't think that way, Kev.. for some people, their car may as well be their *******. the bigger and $$, the better they think they are.

(That's why the newest car in my fleet is a '96)....
funny how this comment comes from someone with antiques that he calls "cars" sitting in his garage. i used to have one of those, till i started spendin money on it like crazy cuz it broke down everywhere.

some ppl jus like living without headaches and hassles, driving comfortably on their long commute to work. i work hard, play even harder. a nice car doesnt neccessarily mean you think youre better than everyone else, just means u can drive faster!

lesson of the day:
Dont be such a sourpuss.. you only live once, that money isnt going with you to the afterlife after you die.

EDIT:
NOW I KNOW WHY YOURE SO SOUR!....U DONT HAVE A JOB THEREFORE U CANT AFFORD A BETTER CAR THAN A 96, THEREFORE YOU COME ON THE FORUM AND MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FOR HAVING A NICE CAR...AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING!?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by ashvin
So I got the entire dash out and started fishing. I was hoping it would just be right there on one of the doors or in the heater unit but no! I have no idea where it's at at this point. Next step is I'm gonna have the AC discharged by my mechanic and take the whole heating and cooling system out and start dismanteling from under the hood. He said he might also be able to get a endoscope thing so I can look inside things with a camera. It's looking like a lost cause!! Glad I insured the thing under my home owners insurance! Should I change the heater core while I'm at it?
great time to do it. or have it flushed.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Ok, Female here!

I never (worthy of repeating) NEVER threw my engagement ring back at Eric! My ring at the time was EVERYTHING he could afford and it was a single 1/4 carat solitare,...translating here: the nicest he could do, was a $180.00 ring. That was plenty enough to make me blush. I also recognized the hard work he put into:
A: keeping it a secret from me until the right time
B: Working his duff off to pay back this loan

I agree that some folks have their money tied up in different places. It seems foolish to some of you, and I get it, I truely do.
For some of us, our money goes to our cars, for others, rings and other 'investments'.
When it comes to you men and your 'right' woman, you really will move heaven and earth to be with her.

Unfortunately, in a moment of spoiled rage, we as women, forget that you Gents sacrifice so much for us. i.e....time, money and literally, sweat. We get stupid and act irrationally, and throw away tokens of your affection. Nobody here has ever been above being stupid at one point or another. For that matter, have you never been ungrateful at one moment or another?

Ashvin,

If your 'bride to be' has these behaviors, why not start with something less expensive and over the years, you can expand on what you started with?

I have been HAPPILY married 14 years last Christmas Eve, and just received 3 years ago, a personally designed ring from Eric. (Mind you, it is NOWHERE in the price range you paid, but is far more valuable to me because of Eric's thoughtfulness).

If she chucks a Cubic Zirconia (fake diamond), you won't be nearly as bent out of shape, nor out of that much money. Maybe keeping it simple until she matures a little bit, is the best thing for both of you.

When you guys joke about another man's woman, you guys know that can blister. He is already distrought over what's going on. (provided all the details are accurate). Do you suppose he would have given that to her, knowing she would launch it into Maxima Oblivion?

Swee
Old 02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm needing a caw

Um who in the freak are you?????

funny how this comment comes from someone with antiques that he calls "cars" sitting in his garage. i used to have one of those, till i started spendin money on it like crazy cuz it broke down everywhere.
He knows more about cars then you will ever hope to know. Just because Anna Nichole Smith probably knows more about cars than you do, doesn't mean people don't know how to maintain older cars.

some ppl jus like living without headaches and hassles, driving comfortably on their long commute to work. i work hard, play even harder. a nice car doesnt neccessarily mean you think youre better than everyone else, just means u can drive faster!
Completely 100% false. Just because you have a new car means only one thing. You have a new car. Wonderful isn't it?
lesson of the day:
Dont be such a sourpuss.. you only live once, that money isnt going with you to the afterlife after you die.
Lesson of the day revision. New cars are for people that don't know how to work on their own.

EDIT:
NOW I KNOW WHY YOURE SO SOUR!....U DONT HAVE A JOB THEREFORE U CANT AFFORD A BETTER CAR THAN A 96, THEREFORE YOU COME ON THE FORUM AND MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FOR HAVING A NICE CAR...AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING!?
Yes, that you are an idiot. Dude HAS a job. He's been to more countries in the last month than I've been in my life!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 AM

Location: a charming town in Connecticut first settled in the 1600s
It's looking like a lost cause!!
Chin up man, you'll find it.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm needing a caw

Was your defrost on or off at the time? I can't see it actually traveling that far. I'm sure you followed the path of the vents via the fsm diagram or from just taking things out. If it's not in one of the defrost vents, I would guess it would be sitting on top of the blower motor vent. Or maybe it's actually inside the blow motor?

I don't think you need the AC discharged though. The coolant runs though but it's not actually connected to any of the vents. You might also look though the other vents (none defrost vents) to make sure it hasn't traveled to there also.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Jeff92SE,

I respectfully disagree with your comment about people with new cars own them because they don't know how to work on the previous ones.

I bought my Max because of a blown rear main seal in my last car. It was my ONLY vehicle. I had to have one that was free of issues because it is my only source of transportation.

I can work on my car, and I have done so. But I wanted a new car and was done with the minivan realm. I didn't buy used because Katrina vehicles were surfacing here and I didn't want to even mess with those.

When working on my vehicle, it is possible for me to forget a part or tool needed for the job. When my car is either completely dissassembled or inoperable in general, I can't use it to get the rest of the necessary parts.

Therefore, I bought new. Plus I love the Maxima!

Swee
Old 02-13-2007, 11:57 AM

diamonds are forever...

lost in the abyss of your car frame
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm needing a caw

But HE clearly doesn't know swat. And he's making HUGE (incorrect) ASSumptions about one of the most respected members here. He gets no sympathy from me.

I have a 03 G sedan. I got a newer car because I freakin' deserved it. I had two 1992 maximas and did 3 engine swaps, 4-5 tranny/clutch jobs, numerous suspension jobs etc.. etc... etc....

Point being, I got a newer car because it's superior to my older maxima in every way. Despite being one of the more modded 3-gens here. I also sold it in perfect working order and because I wanted to. Not because I had to or because I couldn't keep it working. I could have made that maxima run indefinately.

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Jeff92SE,

I respectfully disagree with your comment about people with new cars own them because they don't know how to work on the previous ones.

I bought my Max because of a blown rear main seal in my last car. It was my ONLY vehicle. I had to have one that was free of issues because it is my only source of transportation.

I can work on my car, and I have done so. But I wanted a new car and was done with the minivan realm. I didn't buy used because Katrina vehicles were surfacing here and I didn't want to even mess with those.

When working on my vehicle, it is possible for me to forget a part or tool needed for the job. When my car is either completely dissassembled or inoperable in general, I can't use it to get the rest of the necessary parts.

Therefore, I bought new. Plus I love the Maxima!

Swee
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
El Mas Noob Del Org.

This is bound to be 1 of the greatest threads EVA!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

Pic of a 4-gen. Probably not exact but you get the idea.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re-read my post for fishing tips
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...6&postcount=45
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Oh, boy...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
mixshows

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Um who in the freak are you?????
im f$#ckin mixshows, who the hell are you?

He knows more about cars then you will ever hope to know. Just because Anna Nichole Smith probably knows more about cars than you do, doesn't mean people don't know how to maintain older cars.
round of a f#$kin applause cause he knows more about cars than me, cuz thats all there is to know in life (even though this has NOTHING to do with how to fix cars )

Completely 100% false. Just because you have a new car means only one thing. You have a new car. Wonderful isn't it?
not really, whats wonderful is that im rockin my 6th gen max pimpin it while youre in a dirty 2000 g35.

Lesson of the day revision. New cars are for people that don't know how to work on their own.
you sound more idiotic with every line you type. so let me get this straight, people only buy new cars because they cant fix cars?

Yes, that you are an idiot. Dude HAS a job. He's been to more countries in the last month than I've been in my life!
AGAIN. round of f#%$ckin applause to him, do you take pride knowing that some dude u know on the internet has been to many countries? how do you know i havent traveled all corners of the world? on his profile hes unemployed, and he (and you) get angry at people with new cars, you two sound like a couple of sour, hating @ss idiots who know nothing but cars and cars only.

Can you paint a landscape on a mural ?
are you a graphical design whiz?
can u build websites from scratch?
can you author dvds?
can you take apart and rebuild a pc wiht your eyes closed?
have you ever been a chef at a high class restaurant?
more than likely not, all this and im only halfway to 30
GO ME AND MY NEW CAR! WOOOO HOOOOO!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm needing a caw

im f$#ckin mixshows, who the hell are you?
Admin so you should tone that crap down

round of a f#$kin applause cause he knows more about cars than me, cuz thats all there is to know in life:utkick: (even though this has NOTHING to do with how to fix cars :stupid )
No. Most anyone seems to know more about cars than you. (even the girl that just posted LOL) Exactly how does one fix their own car w/o knowing about them? :iggle:

not really, whats wonderful is that im rockin my 6th gen max pimpin it while youre in a dirty 2000 g35.
Wonderful. I didn't know they made the G35 in 2000 Rockin? Rockin what? That 4,000 ton Passenger Ferry you call a maxima? Congrats on your purchase. Did that come with a title or a land deed?

:wftlo: you sound more idiotic with every line you type. so let me get this straight, people only buy new cars because they cant fix cars?
You did

[B]AGAIN. round of f#%$ckin applause to him, do you take pride knowing that some dude u know on the internet has been to many countries? how do you know i havent traveled all corners of the world? on his profile hes unemployed, and he (and you) get angry at people with new cars, you two sound like a couple of sour, hating @ss idiots who know nothing but cars and cars only.
Again, what WAS the question?!?! You accused him of NOT having a job. WRONG. And what the hell is this???
who know nothing but cars and cars only

Can you paint a landscape on a mural ?
are you a graphical design whiz?
can u build websites from scratch?
can you author dvds?
can you take apart and rebuild a pc wiht your eyes closed?
have you ever been a chef at a high class restaurant?
more than likely not, all this and im only halfway to 30
GO ME AND MY NEW CAR! WOOOO HOOOOO!
How much can a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood??? Can you like your elbow????
Can you work on a car???
What does these questions remotely have to do with anything?? Nice
Old 02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 PM
mixshows

lol your a 39 year old man who cant spell (like=lick?), and is busy attacking people on message board cuz they have a new car.

i didnt say i sold my car cuz i didnt know how to fix my car, i said i sold my car cuz it was costing too much money to keep repairing, the whole a/c system went down the drain, no matter how much u know about cars you still have to buy expensive parts. and u got me beat there, my car weighs alot, now ask me how much my life sucks because my car is heavy...it looks better, rides better, and i could make your girl hop in it as youre fixing your broke down p.o.s. on the side of the highway

youve reminded me of why i hate this board so much, elitist #@@$ like you. i still cant beleive im being attacked because i have a new car.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

youve reminded me of why i hate this board so much, elitist #@@$ like you. i still cant beleive im being attacked because i have a new car.
Umm..You're being Because you're an idiot..

Old 02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
mixshows

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Umm..You're being Because you're an idiot..

another old loser in the middle of a midlife crisis from the racer hooptie patrol

dont you guys think youre too old to be racing? shouldnt you be babysitting your granchildren?

Old 02-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm needing a caw

lol your a 39 year old man who cant spell (like=lick?), and is busy attacking people on message board cuz they have a new car.
I'm busy trying to keep this site free from nimrods like you CUZ that's what I do

i didnt say i sold my car cuz i didnt know how to fix my car, i said i sold my car cuz it was costing too much money to keep repairing, the whole a/c system went down the drain, no matter how much u know about cars you still have to buy expensive parts.
So the AC system kept going down or you couldn't handle the other repairs you keep paying to get fixed? CUZ that's what U did correct??

and u got me beat there, my car weighs alot, now ask me how much my life sucks because my car is heavy...it looks better, rides better, and i could make your girl hop in it as youre fixing your broke down p.o.s. on the side of the highway
Um, you life sucks because your car has the turning radius of an maritime attack warship. Looks better?????

Yeah my 2000 G35 breaks down all the time.

Don't believe it. You're being attacked because you are quite frankly a flaming imbecile
Old 02-13-2007, 01:06 PM

That 4,000 ton Passenger Ferry you call a maxima? Congrats on your purchase. Did that come with a title or a land deed?
Bonus points awarded, this made me LOL.

i still cant beleive im being attacked because i have a new car.
No, you're being attacked because you have an attitude problem.

This is all off topic tho...

Edit:
your car has the turning radius of an maritime attack warship.
Bwahahhaha!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
mixshows

so it is true, all you 3, 4 and 5th geners do have a passionate hate for 6th geners.

so my car is worse because it has a huge turning radius? trust me if you had the money youd love to have this problem.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

Shouldn't you be notifing the lighthouse when the USS Maximus Nimitz is getting ready to park at Walmart?

another old loser in the middle of a midlife crisis from the racer hooptie patrol

dont you guys think youre too old to be racing? shouldnt you be babysitting your granchildren?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Hi Guys, I haven't posted here in 5 years about (since I got rid of my 2000 Maxima SE). It's been a looong time

youve reminded me of why i hate this board so much, elitist #@@$ like you.
Hey mixshows, you sound pretty wrong here. You should just quiet down now. You like new cars and that's what its about huh... I bought my own Maxima SE new at 20, My //E46 M3 Coupe new at 22 and now my '06 G35 Coupe. The whole internet is full of elitist #$Q%holes Come visit me and my friends on the roadfly E46 //M3 Lounge I guarantee your style of talk will have you laughed out of the room by many people with much nicer cars than your *pimped out* 6th gen Maxima... hahaha. Did you even get a 6 speed or was that too much for you to learn?

so it is true, all you 3, 4 and 5th geners do have a passionate hate for 6th geners.
so my car is worse because it has a huge turning radius? trust me if you had the money youd love to have this problem.
No, your car is worse because mine would ***** slap your car.

-Evangelo2

your car has the turning radius of an maritime attack warship.
LMFAO!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm needing a caw

Uh no. I HAD the $ and bought a sports sedan, not a battle ship.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by surrealfiend
diamonds are forever...

lost in the abyss of your car frame
This is the funniest sht in this thread so far.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
mixshows

Originally Posted by Evangelo2
Hi Guys, I haven't posted here in 5 years about (since I got rid of my 2000 Maxima SE). It's been a looong time

Hey mixshows, you sound pretty wrong here. You should just quiet down now. You like new cars and that's what its about huh... I bought my own Maxima SE new at 20, My //E46 M3 Coupe new at 22 and now my '06 G35 Coupe. The whole internet is full of elitist #$Q%holes Come visit me and my friends on the roadfly E46 //M3 Lounge I guarantee your style of talk will have you laughed out of the room by many people with much nicer cars than your *pimped out* 6th gen Maxima... hahaha. Did you even get a 6 speed or was that too much for you to learn?

No, your car is worse because mine would ***** slap your car.

-Evangelo2

LMFAO!!!!
boy u elitist pu$$ys are really comin out the woodwork now arent ya? congrats on your m3, youre the man!

btw, ive spanked 3 m3s in this battleship ,and counting..... shhhhh lets keep that between me and you ok?

Old 02-13-2007, 01:23 PM

trust me if you had the money youd love to have this problem.
Bzzt wrong, I just choose not to buy a 6th gen.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
mixshows

Originally Posted by FunLovinMaxima
Bzzt wrong, I just choose not to buy a 6th gen.

who the f%$# is talkin to u?

Quick Reply: Diamond ring went inside front defrost vent I need to remove dashboard! HELP ME!