General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Diamond ring went inside front defrost vent I need to remove dashboard! HELP ME!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm needing a caw

rriiiggghhhttttt. I spanked 13 Lambos on my way to work today.

Originally Posted by mixshows
boy u elitist pu$$ys are really comin out the woodwork now arent ya? congrats on your m3, youre the man!

btw, ive spanked 3 m3s in this battleship ,and counting..... shhhhh lets keep that between me and you ok?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:34 PM

btw, ive spanked 3 m3s in this battleship ,and counting..... shhhhh lets keep that between me and you ok?
Now this is what really deserves your image. Thanks though, that is the funniest thing I read today

Mentioning the //M3 and G35 was to show you how you sound for throwing the fact that you have a new car in peoples faces. Makes it sound like....

Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
mixshows

its great when you get complimented on your **** size in an anonymous message board. thanks dude!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Kevlo for President

so you wont spend 15k on comfortable car that doesnt break down on you everywhere you go but youll spend 15k on a diamond-fu#$%ng ring? love IS blind.

Wow, you sound dumber and dumber each time you post. So I suggest you stop. Who said his car keeps breaking down? Just because your maxima isnt in good condition doesn't mean everyones is a POS.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Suspension Yoda

IBTB.

Good luck Ashvin.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 PM

How about all of you idiots shut the hell up and get back on topic.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by 2da mizzax
How about all of you idiots shut the hell up and get back on topic.
seriously, mixshows is in here lookin like the biggest *** ive ever seen and it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. the guy lost a 15000 dollar ring, and you guys are arguing about...nothing! and the comments about his fiance? really? everyone here knows that **** happens, people lose it when they get mad sometimes, it happens. were all sorry that she lost the ring, it doesnt make her a bad person or not the right person for him. the fact is, he wants to find the ring and thats ALL that this thread should be about.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Mass_Media™

almost postive if my e39 4000lbs 540i spanks 6th gens all over the road a e46 can do worse. Nice try tho.

Sorry about the ring I hope you find it
Old 02-13-2007, 04:17 PM
I R The Law

I say motion to ban mixshows since he clearly doesn't want to be on this site so no point in arguing with him as he is a small minded and also has a small p3nis since he seems to be showboating show much about how his 6th gen is much nicer than an INFINITI G35 and Jeff please delete all the stupid crap he put on here.

Back on topic. Whats the update on the ring?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:51 PM

Ashvin.. have you checked the incabin filter? i mean i havnt looked at the diagram of our cooling/heating system but like i said before doesnt the air have to filter first before it comes out thru the vents? Follow me up with whats goin on.

good luck
Old 02-13-2007, 05:17 PM

all this and im only halfway to 30
GO ME AND MY NEW CAR! WOOOO HOOOOO![/B]
I don't know why you guys are wasting your time on a 15yr old "pimping" his moms 6th gen.

On the lost ring, I think you may have to pull the evap case. The defrost vents drop down into the case, you may find the ring lodged under the edge of the heater core or ac evaperator. The good news is the ring is in there, you just have to locate it. I've never pulled the Case on the 5th gen Max but you may in fact have to vac the ac down so you can disconnect the ac lines
and remove the evaperator.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ashvin
So I got the entire dash out and started fishing. I was hoping it would just be right there on one of the doors or in the heater unit but no! I have no idea where it's at at this point. Next step is I'm gonna have the AC discharged by my mechanic and take the whole heating and cooling system out and start dismanteling from under the hood. He said he might also be able to get a endoscope thing so I can look inside things with a camera. It's looking like a lost cause!! Glad I insured the thing under my home owners insurance! Should I change the heater core while I'm at it?
If I remember the FSM diagram correctly, the cabin filter would have stopped anything from getting that far into the a/c or heater system or blower. It's got to still be in the conduits. There are some long horizontal stretches and control flaps. I bet the ring is stuck in either one of those places. Maybe tie fishing line to a washer and toss it down the vent to give you an idea of the trajectory and/or obstructions? Also, some have suggested magnets. I'm pretty sure noble metals used in making engagement rings are non-ferrous, so magnets are useless. Good luck man. And try your best to ignore the drama. There's a time and place for that stuff, and this ain't it....unless I accidentally logged on to the Dr. Phil forum instead of MAXIMA.org.

Swee, I'm afraid your wisdom may be falling on deaf ears.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by bigEL
If I remember the FSM diagram correctly, the cabin filter would have stopped anything from getting that far into the a/c or heater system or blower. It's got to still be in the conduits. There are some long horizontal stretches and control flaps. I bet the ring is stuck in either one of those places. Maybe tie fishing line to a washer and toss it down the vent to give you an idea of the trajectory and/or obstructions? Also, some have suggested magnets. I'm pretty sure noble metals used in making engagement rings are non-ferrous, so magnets are useless. Good luck man. And try your best to ignore the drama. There's a time and place for that stuff, and this ain't it....unless I accidentally logged on to the Dr. Phil forum instead of MAXIMA.org.

Swee, I'm afraid your wisdom may be falling on deaf ears.
Dr. Phil hasn't arrived yet. If he did then that kid would have gotten owned.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Pointy Elbows

Originally Posted by The Law
Dr. Phil hasn't arrived yet. If he did then that kid would have gotten owned.
Jeff should've just banned him.

The ring may even be under your seats. Try looking there.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Ban one, Ban all. Dont Ban the one you don't agree with, Ban all who got rediculous with the argument. my
Old 02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by 2da mizzax
Ban one, Ban all. Dont Ban the one you don't agree with, Ban all who got rediculous with the argument. my
Say what? I don't understand your jiberish. Are you trying to imply to ban you too? Cause I motion to ban you too.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 PM

I hear you BigeL,

I do wonder if he will have a rattling in his dash? That would drive me nuts.

I also wondered if I had mistaken this website also, it is MAXIMA.org, right?

Why not change it to 'germancarsarebetterthanmaximas.org'?

I've seen it too much lately, sadly enough, and right here at our site.

Also, thank you for your comment about my wisdom. It took me a little bit to realize the value Eric has. Great Guy!

Ashvin, let us know how things are progressing will ya?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:05 PM
I R The Law

I don't get why you are complaining about the BMWs. They all used to be .org members and just because they upgraded doesn't mean they can't come back in here to start a little chit chat. Mass use to be a big part of the 5th gen forum. So please you havn't been her long enough to notice. They are defending their car that they have now. I bet if you were in his position you would be defending the car too.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:21 PM

Length of time is irrelevant when it comes to Maxima bashing on a Maxima website!

Sending you a pm.

Swee-Notice the car in my sig?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Length of time is irrelevant when it comes to Maxima bashing on a Maxima website!

Sending you a pm.

Swee-Notice the car in my sig?
I guess its the fact that your trying to defend another 6th genner. No matter where you go on any website there will be bashing of the same model on that website. So what you just pointed out was irrelevant.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:36 PM

Um Law,

I wasn't defending the other owner. You read into my statement his defense? You're incorrect. My post was more directly related to the comment regarding Maximas, and more specifically, the 6th.

I am an active member on 6thgenmaxima.org and there isn't any 6th gen bashing. In fact, there isn't any other Maxima bashing AT ALL. It isn't tolerated. The OP here posted over there and he has a 2000 GXE. He was treated with the utmost of respect. It didn't get ugly.....(until he got really snotty with the group over there when they offered help he didnt like. BTW, some of the same suggestions were made here). But it wasn't ever a gen issue.

Swee

Oops, wanted to tell you, pm sent.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I R The Law

The thing is that the 6thgen forum you guys have is prob much smaller than the actual org in which case is always going to be hard to moderate no matter how you see it. The smaller the community the easier it is to put pressure on the people and to have a "Zero Tolerance" on bashing.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Yes sir, very true. We are a community of over 700.

Have a great evening, even Mass, with his beautiful baby!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:26 PM

at least the value of the car is now stable.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

probably just like the guy in the wrx (non-sti) that pulled up next to me on the highway, rev'd his engine, took off, then threw on his hazzards like he beat me last Friday. Funny thing about it was that my speed never increased. The toolbag did it two more times and I finally had enough so I raced him from 60 to a three didget number and left him by 4 cars. After that, the toolbag proceeded to pass me thinking he won again. Sound familiar?

But, I digress....

1. dump said girl.
2. sell ring.
3. ___________
4. profit?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 PM

best thread ever! i didnt know this many conversations could be held within one thread.

swee has a good point
mixshows overreacted
so any updates? seriously, the best of luck in finding it.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:06 PM

Talk about a hijacked thread! This should be like the n00b thread in the 5th gen forum and NEVER die. Whether the ring is lost or not, just keep this thread alive with random useless b.s. that has hijacked and COMPLETELY inundated this thread with.

Good stuff folks.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Banned

Will it fit on this finger?

Just curious.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 PM

hey whose that hottie bending over in the background on the last pic mmmmmmm
Old 02-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by The Law
I don't get why you are complaining about the BMWs. They all used to be .org members and just because they upgraded doesn't mean they can't come back in here to start a little chit chat. Mass use to be a big part of the 5th gen forum. So please you havn't been her long enough to notice. They are defending their car that they have now. I bet if you were in his position you would be defending the car too.
I don't even get how i was brought into this. I wasn't bashing the maxima. I was stating a simple fact. Numb nuts said that he takes on e46 m3's when my e39 dominates 6th gens. No bashing.....plain and simple fact. Can't get that one mixed up swee nice try tho.

Thanks law I still try and stop by the 5th gen forum
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
STFU n00b!

funny how this comment comes from someone with antiques that he calls "cars" sitting in his garage. i used to have one of those, till i started spendin money on it like crazy cuz it broke down everywhere.
Antiques? no. My friend's Model A is an Antique. My cars are just nice, older cars that STILL RUN GREAT, so why bother replacing them?

some ppl jus like living without headaches and hassles, driving comfortably on their long commute to work. i work hard, play even harder. a nice car doesnt neccessarily mean you think youre better than everyone else, just means u can drive faster!
Fast and comfortable? I bet you $100 my 14yr old, 230,000 mile Maxima is more comfortable driving at 130mph than yours is. It's also reliable... If I wouldn't treat it like a race car and beat the crap out of it. I never had a single problem with the thing that I didn't cause myself, and it's NEVER left me stranded.

lesson of the day:
Dont be such a sourpuss.. you only live once, that money isnt going with you to the afterlife after you die.
Lesson of the day:
I'm planning for the future, not maxing out my credit and living in the present.
The money I'm making now is going into my house, which will only appreciate and make me money, rather than a hunk of rolling metal that is worth less every time I drive it. another portion of that money is going into an investment fund for my kids to go to college so that they can get nice jobs and don't have to deal with people like you.

EDIT:
NOW I KNOW WHY YOURE SO SOUR!....U DONT HAVE A JOB THEREFORE U CANT AFFORD A BETTER CAR THAN A 96, THEREFORE YOU COME ON THE FORUM AND MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FOR HAVING A NICE CAR...AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING!?
No job, eh?
I in fact have TWO jobs, both of which make very decent money. For the last four years, I've run BlehmCo, LLC which MAKES PARTS FOR THESE POS MAXIMAS. Gross sales in my first year of operation was well into the six figures, and the only reason I'm not making more now is because I've switched my emphasis from that job to my current one:

For my 9-5, I'm a Marine Engineer for an Oceanography firm. I design, fabricate, repair, and deploy oceanographic and metocean instrumentation and systems. I'm currently posting from an oil rig off the coast of Equatorial Guinea installing a horizontal current profile and wave acquisition system, of which there are only four other operational units in the world. (I installed two of those other systems in the Guld of Mexico earlier this year). Two weeks ago, I was in Trinidad and Venezuela for another project.. At the end of the week, I'm going to Paris- and getting paid to be there. My gross income for this job is again in the six figure range.

Cliff's Notes:
I drive an old car because I WANT to. not because I HAVE to. I put my wife in a newer, nicer car because she wanted it. I can easily pay for my toys, and have plenty of them.
I have a 4 door sedan that can outrun most sports cars on the street and track, as well as hold four people comfortably. I also have a sports coupe that can outrun many supercars on the road course, AND I have a truck that can tow them to the track and back. All for less money than you have in ONE car.

Nest time you want to talk ****, I'd advise you to go somewhere else.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Mass_Media™

matt pwnage
Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 PM
STFU n00b!

Now, back to the issue at hand.

The evaporator core is before the heater core in the grand scheme of things. you can remove the heater box (and core) without having to discharge and remove the A/C evaporator. My guess is that it's going to be inside the heater box, since the defrost vents go directly from the box to the dash vents. it's also at the bottom of the hill, to gravity will tend to make it stop there.

remove the heater box and start shaking. I bet it's in there.. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 PM

Hooray for MATT!!!!

Now can we please that imature dumbass mixshows who thinks that having a new car means that you are better than someone else?!?!

Good luck Ash!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
I don't even get how i was brought into this. I wasn't bashing the maxima. I was stating a simple fact. Numb nuts said that he takes on e46 m3's when my e39 dominates 6th gens. No bashing.....plain and simple fact. Can't get that one mixed up swee nice try tho.

NP mass. Always got to watch a 5th gen/ex-5th gen's back

On the real note. Listen to matt he knows what he's talking about :bow:

We seriously need to give that immature kid some vacation time for reals
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 AM

Mixxshows is not the first 6th gen'r to pull the 'ol "You can't afford a new car so you're stuck in an antique" rhetoric bullshi. Shows you how dumb people can be. As if buying a new car is the only way to prove you're paid.

update on the ring?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mass_Media

Mass,
I am in now way interested in defending Mix. I don't blame you for your retort to him. However, you did bash the 6th gen as a whole. Reread your post.

Take on Mix, one on one. I'd pay to see it. I'd also like to hear about your car and your mods. I'm sure you're equally enthusiastic about yours as I am about my car.

In your own words, nice try though!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 AM
meh

Subscribing!

Good luck with getting that ring out, Id like to hear an update too!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:47 AM
OG and counting...

funny how this comment comes from someone with antiques that he calls "cars" sitting in his garage. i used to have one of those, till i started spendin money on it like crazy cuz it broke down everywhere.

some ppl jus like living without headaches and hassles, driving comfortably on their long commute to work. i work hard, play even harder. a nice car doesnt neccessarily mean you think youre better than everyone else, just means u can drive faster!

lesson of the day:
Dont be such a sourpuss.. you only live once, that money isnt going with you to the afterlife after you die.

EDIT:
NOW I KNOW WHY YOURE SO SOUR!....U DONT HAVE A JOB THEREFORE U CANT AFFORD A BETTER CAR THAN A 96, THEREFORE YOU COME ON THE FORUM AND MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FOR HAVING A NICE CAR...AM I FORGETTING ANYTHING!?
Yep. You are forgetting that you are attacking a moderator and sponsor of this forum. If you are even remotely thinking about firing back at me, read my tagline and then take a chill pill.

As for Matt's point of view, I don't blame him one bit. Unlike you, his priorities are in the right place. He doesn't feel the need to prove ANYTHING to ANYONE like you because you are a blithering idiot.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 AM

so it is true, all you 3, 4 and 5th geners do have a passionate hate for 6th geners.
People like you give the 6th Gen owners a bad name with comments like that. Always have to make it a "all you with older gens are jealous of my 6th Gen" or "my 6th Gen will spank all you" thing.

Quick Reply: Diamond ring went inside front defrost vent I need to remove dashboard! HELP ME!