General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Disaster at out NJ mini meet @ Hillsborough (Please Read)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 08:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd like think of this as a 'get well soon' thread for Arnauo and his passengers rather than a 'post a gruesome accident' or 'speed/street racing kills' thread. I think this is in line with Synki's original post and would be great for these guys to read when they've recovered.

Jim
Old 07-26-2001, 08:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It sounds kind of silly saying this, considering this is a car board and we all love our cars so much - but it is true... cars can be replaced... people can not. I'm glad to hear that maximaryder is doing well, and I can only hope that his passengers pull through with a speedy recovery.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:10 AM

Sorry to hear this.... Hope everthing is Fine!!!

nm
Old 07-26-2001, 09:14 AM

I hope everyone is OK. My prayers go out to them.
Jason
Old 07-26-2001, 09:15 AM

My prayers for everyone involved that everyone has a speedy recovery.

Hope everything turns out ok.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by JJW95SC
I'd like think of this as a 'get well soon' thread for Arnauo and his passengers rather than a 'post a gruesome accident' or 'speed/street racing kills' thread. I think this is in line with Synki's original post and would be great for these guys to read when they've recovered.

Jim
I agree, and I also wished them well and a soon recovery. After reading their story, and having that accident on my mind for 5 days now, I felt like sharing it, espacially since there seems to be a Maxima involved...
Once again, my prayers go out to all that where involved.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:28 AM
SMX

Sorry to hear, hope everyone has a speeded recovery.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:35 AM
NeverEnough

Not to be trendy, but they will be in my prayers as well. And I must also stress for everyone to ALWAYS wear their seatbelt. Be safe and my condolences for Maximarider's Max, may it rest in peace.

Lee DeVine

Old 07-26-2001, 12:12 PM
eclipse23

Hope this turns out 'OK'

CL-S Owner here, yeah, one of them......

Hope this turns out OK and everyone recovers. I live in NJ, know exactly where it happened, wish all the best and a speedy recovery. I assemble meets and stuff so I can imagine how that must have felt / looked to see a board member get T-boned.

Old 07-26-2001, 02:12 PM

Re: That really sucks...

Originally posted by CoolMax
hopefully they'll get the truck for speeding, but it seems that MaximaRider may be at fault (making the left turn).

Good luck and best wishes.
Hope everyone is okay. BTW, it should not be hard to prove that the truck was speeding because the speed limit is probably actually less than posted in the intersection. I know someone who got a ticket for going thru a light that was just turning red as he passed thru. He went to fight it in court and the prosecutor asked how fast he was going. He replied 35 (35 mph zone) and the prosecutor slammed him because there is some type of law that says you have to slow down upon entering an intersection. That was not in NJ, though but it may be standard.
Old 07-26-2001, 02:56 PM

hello all

Thank you all for your kind words, i am fine cuts and bruises nothing major compared to the mental trauma i am going through, my friends were not as lucky as i, my friend in the back seat got lucky with just a laceration on his head and some short term memory loss, my friend in passenger seat wasn't as lucky, he got the worst of it, as of now he is in a chemically induced coma with some cracked ribs, pelvis, grade 2 spleen, and some sort of brain damage(the swelling has gone down thank god) they are now just concentrating on his internal injuries, its not good, but please pray for him, it is too early to tell, and i am not allowed to see him.
Thank you for all your kind words,
I wish him the quickest and best recovery.
Arnaud
Old 07-26-2001, 03:37 PM

MaximaRider (Arnaud),

Even though we never met. I would like to say that my
prayers are with you, your friends, and their family.
I know exactly what you are going through. 17 years ago
a drunk driver hit and killed 3 of my sisters and their
friend. The drunk driving laws are stiff in California
because of us. The guy will never leave prison so long
as my parents go to his parole hearing and keep him there.
When and if the day come when my parents can't make it to
the hearing, my brothers and I will take over the fight to
keep the @ss in prison.

As stated before I pray that all of you come through
especially your friend with an induced coma. Good luck
and carry on with the fight. Don't let that guy get away
with it.

mike
Old 07-26-2001, 03:38 PM

Re: hello all

wow man, thats bad, im glad hear u r ok and i hope your friend is able to make a full recovery, sorry about the trauma, i know it must be crazy
Old 07-26-2001, 05:54 PM

I ended up getting to the meeting late because I had work. As I was getting there, I saw the cop on Amwell and 206 directing traffic. Didn't know what was up till I got there and we went to Wendy's. If I had gotten there earlier, I would have met everyone. I did see the car when we finally went, and it was a mess. I didn't know anyone in the car, but I heard about it from people who were there. My heart goes out to you, and I hope that you recover quickly; the imagine of the car sitting sideways in the middle of the road with no glass in it is the kind of thing that sticks with you and haunts you for awhile. My g/f summarized today's newspaper article over the phone for me; I heard that 3 of the people were in critical condition. good luck; you are in my thoughts..

To the people I did meet, it was nice meeting you. To everyone I didn't meet, I was the guy with the blue SHO that pulled up late.
Ian
93 SHO 5 speed
not stock
Old 07-26-2001, 06:09 PM

Arny, im glad to hear form you. I talked to Jaffe and he filled me in. I am very sad to ehar about Joel. My wishes are with him. I was gunna post the update but you beat me to it. I hope everything goes well for you and drop me in a line if you need to talk.

Our prayers are with you. BTW, i went back to the police station that night to meet with the detective. THey are doing a full investigation on this.

I hope i did a good enough job of tryin to keep you calm.
Old 07-26-2001, 06:11 PM

I am with everyone else in hoping for a speedy recovery of all of those involved. I also want to wish everyone good luck and safe motoring, especially since quite a few of us will be driving quite a distance tomorrow or saturday.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:26 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by Chuvak
Sorry to hear about the accident. I also pray that everyone is going to be fine.
It is really sad to hear about this kind of things, espacially when one hears of a few in a week.
In Brooklyn, on Oreintal Blvd, this past Sunday night a 2001 BMW 525 manual was said to be racing what seemed to be a Maxima (not sure what gen). The BMW hit a small pothole, lost contorl and spun out, hit the curb, went over the sidewalk, hit an iron fence and a tree. The guy was thrown 10-20 feet from the car. It is believed he must have been going around 100-120mph. Funural for this 21 year old was held yesterday. I only knew the guy slightly, and he was a very calm and nice person, that liked to drive fast--without a seatbelt... The only witnesses that where at the scene said a car pulled up, looked like a Max, the people, believed to be 3 or 4 came out of their car, I guess thought they can help, screamed the guys name and left as there was nothing they can do...
Link: http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/35818.htm
I guess I am posting this horrible news so that we can learn from these horrible accidents and appriciate things a little more, becuase you a split second can change/take away a life.

yeah, that hit very close to some of us...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=54755

I was at the bay a few hours ago, saw the site, disturbing to look at it and think about what happened even though I didn't know the guy, I know others who did pretty well. Look at that link above, I happened to run into him out there too today...........

MaximaDriver: For what it's worth, my prayers go out to your friend, his family and everyone involved and touched by this unfortunate incident. I know it's a hard time for you and everyone else close, let's hope and pray your friend fully recovers quick. Let's think positive and wish everything turns out best... Keep us updated, hang in there bro...
Old 07-26-2001, 09:22 PM

There was another horrible fatal accident on in Newark and in Queens today as well. PLEASE, everyone be VERY safe during all of your trips the next few days.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:24 PM

Re: .....

i was at the meet as well...everything was going just fine and then it started raining and everyone was in their car and SYCEFIRO pulled up to me tellin me people were going to wendys.....i didnt go because the rain had stopped...o ya me and riggy had mcdonalds earlier....and they came back and told us the story..we were all stunned...and when we were going to wedys later on we all seen the car and it was a wreck=(

hope everyone is ok
Old 07-26-2001, 09:54 PM
Purple_MAX

prayers and hope for a speedy recovery...

remember...seatbelts seatbelts seatbelts...

...and i hope that the cops/investigators don't try to hang MaximaRider since it probably looked a little suspicious to the cops that so many maximas were in the same area at that time.

Old 07-26-2001, 10:07 PM
Purple_MAX

prayers and hope for a speedy recovery...

remember...seatbelts seatbelts seatbelts...

...and i hope that the cops/investigators don't try to hang MaximaRider since it probably looked a little suspicious to the cops that so many maximas were in the same area at that time.

Old 07-26-2001, 10:10 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
There was another horrible fatal accident on in Newark and in Queens today as well. PLEASE, everyone be VERY safe during all of your trips the next few days.
Yes i saw this on the news tonight. 2 died in teh accident. That red Honda was wrecked. ****, both cars were. My condolences out to their families & friends.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:16 PM

I forgot to mention. After seeing the terrible accident last night. The first thing i see on my way to work was a accident. Noting bad but it just gave me the chills and the terrible picture from yesterday of when i ran up to the car. This is not want i need to be seeing. Just though i would share my morning.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:41 PM

I hope everybody makes a full recovery.

Originally posted by Chuvak
In Brooklyn, on Oreintal Blvd, this past Sunday night a 2001 BMW 525 manual was said to be racing what seemed to be a Maxima (not sure what gen).
That was Maximum5spd's best friend
It's in the 3rd gen forum here
Old 07-27-2001, 05:53 AM

At a loss for words

Scanned News Paper Maximarider article...
Old 07-27-2001, 06:16 AM

Hrmm....

I don't like the sounds of the newspaper article. In the article they quote the prosecutor as saying "...Lafforgue turned North on 206 and cut in front of the pick-up."

Sounds like the prosecutor is leaning towards putting the blame on Arnaud.

That would certainly suck big time...

It also says no tickets have been issued because the accident is still under investigation.
Old 07-27-2001, 06:26 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: Hrmm....

Originally posted by bobl
I don't like the sounds of the newspaper article. In the article they quote the prosecutor as saying "...Lafforgue turned North on 206 and cut in front of the pick-up."

It also says no tickets have been issued because the accident is still under investigation.

i didn't like the way the paper said that....hmmm
Old 07-27-2001, 06:29 AM

Re: Hrmm....

Originally posted by bobl

im trying to picutre this, if they were making a left, they were supp to yeild to oncoming traffic. i made that left 10 mins ago and its really tough to seee whose coming, esp if there are cars from the other side making a left also. i dont know if you know what im talking about, but i really dont care. it makes no difference whose fault it was. im sorry for everyone involved in the accident and you too synki. i could see you were pretty messed up bec you saw the whole thing go down and the kid came with you guys. the only time i have ever seen Arnaud was when you guys were pulling out to go to wendys adn i have to admit i was pretty messed up. please post about the other friend whenver you get the info. take care.
Old 07-27-2001, 06:30 AM

seatbelts

even though I haven't had anyof my family or friends who've been in accidents like this, this still hits very personally, I ALWAYS YELL AT MY DAD for not wearing his seatbelt, always, it's so annoying that he doesn't, it doesn't take that much and he always puts it on when I tell him but then stops. I told him about the accident yesterday and yelled at him again, I mean, I don't want to loose him and it's just stupid that he literally refuses to put it on, I don't know why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Konstantin
Old 07-27-2001, 07:07 AM

Our prayers and thoughts to all the victims, family and friends.
Remember, seatbelts save lives; it's not just a saying.
Have fun this weekend, be safe.
Happy Motoring (who was that Exxon?)
Old 07-27-2001, 07:13 AM

Get well

My prayers to all involved. This really sucks. Don't know what else to say.****, that sucks.
Old 07-27-2001, 07:45 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: MaximaRider

Originally posted by MaximaRider
and i am not allowed to see him...
Arnaud- I'll try to get in touch with some people at Robert Wood ICU. See what I can find out for you later tonite. Our prayers are with the two :sad:
Old 07-27-2001, 09:25 AM

Re: Re: MaximaRider

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl

Arnaud- I'll try to get in touch with some people at Robert Wood ICU. See what I can find out for you later tonite. Our prayers are with the two :sad:
don't forget patience confidentiality
Old 07-27-2001, 10:26 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: Patient Confidentiality

Originally posted by VQdriver
don't forget patience confidentiality
No such thing, especially when you're friends with the doctors and nurses Besides, MaximaRider/or Synki will keep you guys updated if he chooses to, not I.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:31 AM

LLSBOROUGH -- Two Essex County teen-agers were critically injured Wednesday night in a two-car crash on Route 206 near Raider Boulevard, authorities said.

The accident happened just before 7:30 when a Nissan Maxima driven by Arnaud Lafforgue, 17, and a Chevrolet pickup driven by Damien Chromowski, 20 of Bigley Road, Hillsborough, collided, Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne J. Forrest said.

Jole Salinger, 18, and Adam Brooks, 18, both passengers in the Maxima, were rushed to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Forrest said.

Both were in critical condition with severe head injuries, the prosecutor said.

Lafforgue was taken to Somerset Medical Center in Somerville, Forrest said. Chromowski was not injured, he added.

The Maxima was going East and the pickup was headed west on Raider Boulevard when Lafforgue turned north on Route 206 and cut in front of the pickup, Forrest said. The Maxima was spun around, hit another vehicle and was facing south after the accident. The pickup landed on the property of Hillsborough Lawn and Garden, Forrest said.

No summonses have been issued because the crash is still under investigation, he said.

Hillsborough Rescue Squad ambulances took the victims to the hospitals, Forrest said.

The state Department of Transportation detoured cars down Raider Boulevard to Hillsborough High School and back to 206, Forrest said.

Members of the Collision Analysis Reconstruction Team from the prosecutor''s Office were on the scene.

Anyone with information about this accident can call the Somerset County Prosecutor''s Office at (908) 575-3300; Hillsborough police at (908) 369-4323; or the prosecutor''s office TIPS line at (888) 577-TIPS.

from the Courier News

Published on July 26, 2001
Old 07-27-2001, 11:27 AM

I will keep you guys updated as much as possible. I am limited to certain info.

As far as who is being blamed. I have given the detectives my statement.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:42 AM

my prayers go out to all...hope they make a speedy recovery...very sad as i am in a loss of words
Old 07-27-2001, 12:10 PM

Arnaud, glad to see you're back. My family's prayers are with you and all those involved. Your friends have alot going for them and we'll continue to pray for their speedy recovery.

Anyone who can, please keep this thread updated with their status!

Jim
Old 07-27-2001, 01:47 PM

update

One of my friends has been released from the hospital and came home today, the other Joel, who took the grunt of the accident is still in ICU BUT has become stable without any fluxuation in change, the first day of decent news, they also fed him and i am still praying that he makes a FULL recovery, as far as who is getting blamed for the accident i dont give 2 shiets if they blame me at this point, all i want is that my friends and i can forget this ever happened and continue with our healthy lives. Please keep Joel in your prayers.
Arnaud
Old 07-28-2001, 08:07 AM

Re: update

Originally posted by MaximaRider
One of my friends has been released from the hospital and came home today, the other Joel, who took the grunt of the accident is still in ICU BUT has become stable without any fluxuation in change, the first day of decent news, they also fed him and i am still praying that he makes a FULL recovery, as far as who is getting blamed for the accident i dont give 2 shiets if they blame me at this point, all i want is that my friends and i can forget this ever happened and continue with our healthy lives. Please keep Joel in your prayers.
Arnaud

any more updates?? just checkin to make sure and so its back on first page. take care.

Quick Reply: Disaster at out NJ mini meet @ Hillsborough (Please Read)...