General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Disaster at out NJ mini meet @ Hillsborough (Please Read)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 10:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

I haven't cried in a long time

But I am sitting here and crying as we speak. This is truly a sad day...Arnaud, and anyone else, I pray for you and your families, and am glad to hear that a recovery is apparent. I hope everything goes your way.
Good luck
Alex
Old 07-28-2001, 01:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nother update

Brain pressure went down again its hovering around 19-23 when normal is 10, when he went into the hospital it was 80! which is untolerable, but no other changes, until they are sure he is strong enough they won't start fixing internal injuries until then.
Old 07-28-2001, 01:53 PM
Kevlo for President

sorry to hear about what happened i hope every one makes a very quick recovery
Old 07-28-2001, 09:17 PM

Arnaud, glad to hear Joel's condition is stable/improving! Please keep us updated as we're all watching this thread...just look at the 'number of views' column.

Jim
Old 07-28-2001, 10:17 PM

My prayer go out for Joel, his family, and friends. I'm glad you two are fine, and hope for a speedy recovery.
Old 07-29-2001, 12:28 AM

How very terrible. Godspeed to a quick recovery.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:29 AM

real sorry to hear about that. hope everyone is makes it out ok.
-E
Old 07-29-2001, 08:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sending as much positive vibes as I can to Arnaud and to Joel.

I agree, Arnaud, that at this point what matters is everyone being OK, not really whose fault it is.

best wishes
Old 07-29-2001, 11:13 AM

hope they get better
Old 07-30-2001, 11:41 AM

Arnaud, any update on Joel?

Also, while I can understand that you are in a highly emotional state at this point and you care little for the legal issues surrounding this incident, do not take them lightly or let the police coerce you in to admitting any degree of responsibility for the accident.

Be honest BUT don't let them get you to say things that may put you in a negative light. For example: 'Yea, I might not have looked before making the turn.' or 'I thought I could just make it in front of the truck.' It makes the police's job easier if someone just admits to screwing up, no matter how slightly and they will jump on the opportunity to place blame quickly and close out the case.

I know you don't really want to hear this now but you may need a lawyer if the investigation begins to turn in this direction and you shouldn't hesitate to get one. Accidents involving serious injuries or fatalities (God forbid!) can carry some serious charges with them and you should ensure that your interests are represented.

To the police, these incidents are somewhat routine and while it can vary, I suspect that they are mostly interested in closing the case even if means taking the 'quick and dirty' approach.

I honestly hope you don't need this advice but it seems to me that this is your first serious accident and for all I know, nobody else will tell you these things.

Jim
Old 07-30-2001, 12:08 PM

Well as of what i know Joel is having a catscan done today> I will have to psot about it later as i have no idea what the results are.

When i went in for my statement.. teh detective just let me talk and didnt try anything funny. I did watch what i say though. I was completely honest with him as well.

When this is over and done, me Anry, and his friend Jaffe will be yanking as much stuff off his car. And he will be looking at getting another 4th gen maxima.
Old 07-30-2001, 04:20 PM

they took

a statement from me and i was honest, and i did not let them F me over in anyway,they are gonna be checkin my cell phone company to see if i was on the phone, they are really out to get me on this one, but from what i remember clearly i wasn't on the phone during the accident. Joel's condition hasn't changed but that doesn't mean its bad, its actually a blessing, i will keep you updated as much as i can, also yes this is my first accident, serious or not, i was so close to one full clean year, DAMN'T!
Old 07-31-2001, 12:12 AM

it makes me realize how fortunate I am to not have seen loved-ones in such traumatic situations. I am praying for your friends' condition.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:33 PM

Another update.

As far as Joels conditions, he keeps fluxuating. He has his bad days and good days. Arnaud is still visiting him as often as he can. I can def say this, he wont be teh same again.

There is more news with the police. SO far Arnaud is being pinned wiht the whol accident. He father found out they refuse to use MY statement i gave them. They ahve 2 of my statements. THey know i hve the whole deal and what happened. They are just tryin tp protect the damn firefighter that T-boned him. I really feel it was both faults but not 100% Arnauds. Since they will not use mine, Arnaud's dad will involve his lawyer.. as of waht i know. I will be giving their insurance my statement this Monday (8-6-01) after he talked with Arnaud. I told Arnaud i will be there for him and back him up 100%. Tomorrow i will prolly go with him to take some pics and pull some of his stuff out. I am not lookin foward to see the inside of it either.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:40 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by Synki
Another update.

As far as Joels conditions, he keeps fluxuating. He has his bad days and good days. Arnaud is still visiting him as often as he can. I can def say this, he wont be teh same again.

There is more news with the police. SO far Arnaud is being pinned wiht the whol accident. He father found out they refuse to use MY statement i gave them. They ahve 2 of my statements. THey know i hve the whole deal and what happened. They are just tryin tp protect the damn firefighter that T-boned him. I really feel it was both faults but not 100% Arnauds. Since they will not use mine, Arnaud's dad will involve his lawyer.. as of waht i know. I will be giving their insurance my statement this Monday (8-6-01) after he talked with Arnaud. I told Arnaud i will be there for him and back him up 100%. Tomorrow i will prolly go with him to take some pics and pull some of his stuff out. I am not lookin foward to see the inside of it either.
First, thanks for the update.

Second, this is going to be a sticky post. WARNING: IF I SEE SPAMMING IN HERE, YOU WON'T LIKE THE CONSEQUENCES.

Third,

It looks like a good time to bring the suits in and let them straighten it all out. You and Arnaud are going to meet with a lot of resistance. Your statement not being used is a sure sign of cover-up. The way the accident has been described, it looks more like 70-30 or 60-40 fault primarily on the firefighter's side......

I'm sorry it has come down to this when a life is still in jeopardy.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:57 PM

Evil Bill, thanks for making this sticky.

Here is a little pic out of the newspaper of Arnauds car:

Ill try to get some more as i go.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:02 PM

Another update.

Synki and Arnaud!

I'm not a shrink, but I don't recommend that either of you visit the car. See if you can get a friend or relative to take the stuff off the car. You may not realize it but seeing the car will bring the memories flooding back. Joel's current condition won't help things either. The picture that was in the paper was pretty dramatic but having a first-hand look at the car inside and out is something that will stay imprinted on your mind for the rest of your lives.

Events like this can traumatize a person pretty deeply and I still remember how shaken up Synki was when he came back to the meet. I can only imagine what Arnaud is going through.

Where is the car? If you can't find anyone else, I'd volunteer to take off any stuff you wanted and hold it for you. I'd like to help out any way I can. I don't live far from where the accident was but that doesn't mean they took the car to a local shop.

Anyway, email me at jwengert@rcn.com if there's anything I can do.

Jim
Old 08-03-2001, 01:04 PM

Here were 2 links to the article. The links were provided by MegaMax.

Front Page

Part II

Let me edit this message before i waste too much space posting again.

Jim-Thanks for all the concern and help you have provided. We will let you know how you can help. Currently i took today off of work so im here. Arnaud is at the hospital right now as i talked to him not long ago.

I think this is something we might have to just do and check out the car. Plus i wanna make sure they didnt tamper w/ anything from what i remembered. Maybe you would want to come tomorrow? All we know is that the car is in New Brunswick (spelling).
Old 08-03-2001, 01:06 PM
Kevlo for President

Evil Bill, thanks for making this sticky.

Here is a little pic out of the newspaper of Arnauds car:

Ill try to get some more as i go.

wow that looks bad

thanks for keeping us updated

i think it is wrong that they are blaming it on him, stupid cops
Old 08-03-2001, 02:03 PM

Here were 2 links to the article. The links were provided by MegaMax.

Front Page

Part II

Let me edit this message before i waste too much space posting again.

Jim-Thanks for all the concern and help you have provided. We will let you know how you can help. Currently i took today off of work so im here. Arnaud is at the hospital right now as i talked to him not long ago.

I think this is something we might have to just do and check out the car. Plus i wanna make sure they didnt tamper w/ anything from what i remembered. Maybe you would want to come tomorrow? All we know is that the car is in New Brunswick (spelling).
Let me know if you guys need help tomorrow (saturday). I can help if need be.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:15 PM
Granny Driven

Originally posted by jay_x

Let me know if you guys need help tomorrow (saturday). I can help if need be.
I can help too with the car cause I live near NJ. If u need anything or you want some help with the wreched car. Be my guest and e-mail me at viper10v12@aol.com. Good luck
Old 08-03-2001, 03:32 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Wow i hadn't read this thread since a few days after the accident and i am in shock. Just wanted to express my condolences once again to the families/friends involved. Things have a funny way of working out and they will work out for the best....
Old 08-03-2001, 05:55 PM

Thank you Bill...

for making this a sticky, it will give all those who view a different frame of mind when going out the door everyday. I have been checking this thread everyday to see how its turning out. MaximaRider I wish you and Joel the best as I do your other friend. BTW, I hope everything goes right with the situation of blame(which is really not important at the moment). I'll keep checking back for updates when they come in.

-Luke
Old 08-03-2001, 07:52 PM

I couldnt even imagine being in this type of situation, this is truly a great tragedy. You all are in my prayers.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:16 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

ya i hope everything works out ok and synki you shouldn't go back to the car, it might shake you too much.
Old 08-03-2001, 10:16 PM

thanx for all the concern

but visiting the car is something i have to do for myself, so i can put some of the peices back together in my mind, i have already pictured it a thousand times in my mind and trust me it can't get worse, i had to see "someone" this morning about my dealing with it and apparently i am fine, so thats good news. I am also being reassured by outside sources that i will not get complete blame or even most blame which releaves me. Thank you all for your concern i and my family and friends families appreciate the support. You guys truly are my family.
Arnaud
Old 08-04-2001, 08:45 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

my condolences

damn i cant believe that happen to one of our brothers. i seriously hope every one is alright. i wrecked my max a few weeks ago and it wasnt nearly as bad and i felt like sh*t. i can only imangine how you guys feel. i want to sincerly give you my best wishes and i hope your friends are okay. keep your heads up.
Carl "nismo2020"
Old 08-04-2001, 09:22 AM

i went and i

retreived some stuff, amps, shift ****, clears, some bulbs, sub, cai, and whatever else i could get my hands on before they kicked me out of the yard, and i got my V1 which made me a little happy, now i get to start all over again, once the insurance takes over my car i will find out about rims, exhaust, ypipe. Pics will also be up soon if u really want to see them, there is no real blood content so don't worry bout that, it did make me feel sick to my stomach to see the car and were my friends were sitting but i was also glad i went.
Arnaud
Old 08-04-2001, 11:16 AM

Re: thanx for all the concern

Originally posted by MaximaRider
You guys truly are my family.
Arnaud
thanks man, we all try to stick together and help each other out when we can. i just hope everything gets better and you don't get blamed for the accident.
Old 08-04-2001, 10:23 PM

first pic

i can't put the images on cause they are too big here is a link to them
Old 08-04-2001, 10:28 PM
Granny Driven

Re: first pic

lets see if this image works

[img]http://members.aol.com/topdawg196/rip1.jpg
[/img]
I guess it doest work.
Old 08-04-2001, 11:13 PM

here;s the link

http://hometown.aol.com/topdawg196/ripmax.htm

well u gotta cut and paste it but whatever
give me some feedback on the condition of the car
Old 08-04-2001, 11:22 PM

Re: here;s the link

wow man, all i can say is d***, seeing those pics put it even more in perspective, i know it must be devestating for you, keep us updated on your friend, it seems amazing anyone could survive being right in the middle of a point of impact that large
Old 08-05-2001, 06:27 AM

Now you people will see why i was shooken up when i saw the accident adn ran up to it.

Arny-I think we can try to pull teh y-pipe out. I also think we can manage teh rear tail lights. We will see what else can be pulled after the insurance co's gives us the OK.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:47 AM

OMG those are some nasty pics, i really hope everyone is ok. No about what Synki said you can get most of the mods of the car hopefully, y-pipe, cat-back, rear clears, maybe even three of the rims, i don't know if one's bent. Best of luck to you and hope you stay in the maxima family.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:26 AM

All I have to say is wow. Those pictures are horrible. Your friend Joel is very lucky. I he makes out ok. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:27 AM

yea it was

a nasty accident, i think all the rims are decent even the one on the back right, if i am allowed to take them i will take them to a shop and get the refinished and **** ne ways, of course i am staying in the max family, can't beat em for the price, ne body wanna buy my tails, i am looking for 97's not 95/96.
Arnaud
Old 08-05-2001, 11:18 AM

Re: yea it was

a nasty accident, i think all the rims are decent even the one on the back right, if i am allowed to take them i will take them to a shop and get the refinished and **** ne ways, of course i am staying in the max family, can't beat em for the price, ne body wanna buy my tails, i am looking for 97's not 95/96.
Arnaud
i MIGHT be interested, how do they match with the inside piece and how much are you looking to get.
Old 08-05-2001, 02:31 PM

dmbmaxima

i messed up a lil when i opened them up and painted them i only painted one layer and not the back layer, so they match in the day but mite be a little pink at nite, but not really pink, there is one tiny chip in the corner but i glued the peice back on, i am not looking for more than $50 + shipping, i'll even give u the paint if u wanna repaint the other part inside, but i am warning u its a pain in the **** to open them up.
Old 08-05-2001, 02:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kevlo911

i think it is wrong that they are blaming it on him, stupid cops
Unfortunately, being a firefighter, the other driver is considered one of their "own" to the police/prosecutor. It is difficult to expect any semblance of impartiality in this case.

In any case, my prayers go out to those involved.

Quick Reply: Disaster at out NJ mini meet @ Hillsborough (Please Read)...