General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My experience with Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 12:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

OK, since I can be just as damning as the next guy when it comes to bad experiences, I will post a GOOD customer service experience here as well. (I pray that Stillen reads this forum).

So Monday I called Vortech and placed an order for some stuff for the upcoming SC install. I wanted a smaller pulley, a set of FMU discs, a fuel bleeder valve, and some Vacuum T's. I paid for 2 day air to my job. Vortech does not like to ship to other than the billing address on the CC...Sent them ID and all was good.

Today I open the package, and bam there is the pulley, there are the T's and there is the FMU discs, I got to the last part and I am figuring OK this is the bleeder valve...wrong, it was another 6:1 FMU disc from Vortech. I called Vortech and spoke to my salesman (James BTW) and told him the situation. He remembered the order and asked for a number to call me back at. I gave him my number, doubting that I would get a call.

Within 5 Minutes James called me back, instructed me to keep the 6:1 setup... and told me they were going to overnight me the bleeder valve at no cost to me. Talk about shocking.

This is one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had dealing with an aftermarket parts vendor. I wish I could buy more stuff from Vortech, and I have no doubts about doing business with them in the future.

Absolutely Awesome,
Del

PS Anyone wanna buy a brand new 6:1 FMU??
Old 08-15-2001, 12:59 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by delio
OK, since I can be just as damning as the next guy when it comes to bad experiences, I will post a GOOD customer service experience here as well. (I pray that Stillen reads this forum).

So Monday I called Vortech and placed an order for some stuff for the upcoming SC install. I wanted a smaller pulley, a set of FMU discs, a fuel bleeder valve, and some Vacuum T's. I paid for 2 day air to my job. Vortech does not like to ship to other than the billing address on the CC...Sent them ID and all was good.

Today I open the package, and bam there is the pulley, there are the T's and there is the FMU discs, I got to the last part and I am figuring OK this is the bleeder valve...wrong, it was another 6:1 FMU disc from Vortech. I called Vortech and spoke to my salesman (James BTW) and told him the situation. He remembered the order and asked for a number to call me back at. I gave him my number, doubting that I would get a call.

Within 5 Minutes James called me back, instructed me to keep the 6:1 setup... and told me they were going to overnight me the bleeder valve at no cost to me. Talk about shocking.

This is one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had dealing with an aftermarket parts vendor. I wish I could buy more stuff from Vortech, and I have no doubts about doing business with them in the future.

Absolutely Awesome,
Del

PS Anyone wanna buy a brand new 6:1 FMU??

that is good to hear....

and about the 6:1 FMU..... since i know how much you got it for.........$10...that is my final offer...
Old 08-15-2001, 01:01 PM

Good to hear Del. It's about time you had a good experience with that SC install.

Luck man!
Old 08-15-2001, 01:24 PM

Serious?

10 bux? Plus shipping? hahahaha

Randall...thanks, we are getting cracking on that install tonight. I think I am FINALLY ready to get down to business on this bad boy.

Del
Old 08-15-2001, 02:29 PM

I wish I could buy more stuff from Vortech
well i would definately apreciate it if you bought me a supercharger with a tiny pulley too...
Old 08-15-2001, 03:07 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

6 to 1, eh?

whats the benefits over the stock fmu?
--c
Old 08-15-2001, 03:10 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Del lemme know when u start doing this, i wanna try and be present.
Old 08-15-2001, 03:25 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Good luck, D!
Old 08-15-2001, 03:54 PM

He's startin tonite.. (weds) .. hes a fruit
Old 08-15-2001, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by OgreDave
He's startin tonite.. (weds) .. hes a fruit
that SC better be on by the end of tonight
Old 08-15-2001, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Chebosto
6 to 1, eh?

whats the benefits over the stock fmu?
--c
The stock FMU disc provided by Stillen is 6:1

Going to an 8:1 might be a good idea for those with 3.25 pulleys, thats what Loren recomends. Using a bleader valve on the FMU vacuum port can lower the ratio to 7:1 which is perhaps a bit more desirable.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:14 AM

Yep

Started last night... Got the bay pretty well stripped out and got some other stuff... I think I am up to step 15 or so on the install. But we did some stuff yesterday that would have come up later in the install process, like removing certain things etc... etc... we were working very methodically in trying to make it so we only do things once, and not half a dozen times. I expect alot of progress tonight on the SC. That 3.125 pulley is gonna scream...
Old 08-16-2001, 06:22 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Re: Yep

3.125 & 6:1 disc?

were they out of the recallibration kit with all ratios?

Started last night... Got the bay pretty well stripped out and got some other stuff... I think I am up to step 15 or so on the install. But we did some stuff yesterday that would have come up later in the install process, like removing certain things etc... etc... we were working very methodically in trying to make it so we only do things once, and not half a dozen times. I expect alot of progress tonight on the SC. That 3.125 pulley is gonna scream...
Old 08-16-2001, 06:26 AM

Brett

I ordered the recal disk w/ all the ratios, that is what I meant by a package of the FMU discs. :-D I have that... as well as another 6:1 FMU setup. What I am waiting on is the bleeder valve.

If you think I will run the 3.125 w/ a 6:1 FMU disk your more confused than we ever gave you credit for J/K dude...

How is that flywheel GD coming?

DEL