General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Attn: All v2 owners possible class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hmmm..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wizeguy
[B]Chebesto,

If you proceed to sue keep in mind Attorneys, in particular Class Action Attorneys aren't cheap. I'd doubt you'd make much on it.

The sad thing is that a pulley's cheap. Lawsuit isn't. They could easily replace that pulley. Any how best of luck Chebesto.

I was doing a search and saw this post... For those of you who remember my problem...heres an update!

Well is started off when I sent my blower back because it as grinding. Vortech claimed to have repaired it, but according to a manager who called me today, they dont have to test their blowers before they send them out, they have'nt tested for 12 years so basically if you get one and it craps on you, Vortech dosnt care, you have to foot the install bill...Anyway, I get the blower back, pay to have it installed and its still grinding just as bad as before I sent it. I know someimes they make sounds but mine went from silent, to violent grinding sounds. I call in to beef and ask why they didnt test before they sent it back to me they said they dont have to and to send it back for more repairs which would mean I have to pay to have it taken out again! They will not pay for install costs if even they caused the problem!
I try to tell them its not fair and the guy told me what I was saying was "BULLCRAP", refused to let me talk to a manager and then hung up on me!!! Vortech has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced! God forbid anything happens to your blower, they are very evasive, have rude representatives on the phone and its taken me 3 weeks to finally get a manager on the phone to even listen to my story!
Today he tells me to ship it back, they will look at it again and if they see they didnt fix it right the first time, they will re-imburse me my install costs. This is a better option, but since I'm in NY and they're in California, I may get the short end of the stick again as they can easily just say nothing is wrong with it!
If anyone on Maxima.org has had similar problems Vortech, and if I dont get satisfactory results from these guys, I'd definately entertain the thought of a class action lawsuit.... dont know how much good it will do but they are clearly wrong in my case but as a LLC they think they dont have to give good service either. They charge their customers thousands of dollars for untested products but dont have the courtesy to provide good service if something goes wrong thats not in their policy. We'll see what happens!

Deac
Old 05-13-2002, 03:52 PM
lcf

IMHO, the probability of finding representation for your "class action lawsuit" is highly unlikely. unless youre satisfied with retaining a basement lawyer. also, no attorney in their right mind will file a lawsuit until after all other avenues are exhausted; trials are just too costly and time consuming.

your best bet is to have your PERSONAL attorney write a letter or give stillen a call on your behalf; a phone call or letter from an attorney works wonders.

hehe, it just so happens that i broker legal services and the lawfirm i work with in california also represents All-State Insurance. WE are their #1 client, whereas allstate is #2. kakaka!!